General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
wwilliam54
 
Another Case of Schools overreacting?

http://www2.whlt.com/news/2011/oct/0...de-ar-2518398/

damn that anchor is ugly

third grader brought grenade paperweight to school and they called the bombsquad???
__________________
2004 Grand Marquis- Just a big bucket o' steel.
1997 Geo- Three Cylinders of Fury, 5 Gears of slow (R.I.P)
Old 10-07-2011, 02:26 AM wwilliam54 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

teh_rapist
 
teh_rapist's Avatar
 
don't confuse *schools* with *morons who unfortunately make some policy decisions, especially the unimportant ones.*

this is similar to confusing *americans* and *american government/military/legal system*.
__________________
Spare the rape - spoil the child.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:29 AM teh_rapist is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

wwilliam54
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_rapist View Post
don't confuse *schools* with *morons who unfortunately make some policy decisions, especially the unimportant ones.*

this is similar to confusing *americans* and *american government/military/legal system*.

I know, I just feel bad for the kid
whatever happened to "no harm, no foul"

When I was that age I had one of those clipped to my backpack for 2 years, at a school 15 miles away
__________________
2004 Grand Marquis- Just a big bucket o' steel.
1997 Geo- Three Cylinders of Fury, 5 Gears of slow (R.I.P)
Old 10-07-2011, 02:33 AM wwilliam54 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet
 
Xcric's Avatar
 
she's too fat to be on tv
__________________
“My sorrow: to dream of simple times and wake in mine . . . .”
—Ola DaRiol, “Regrets”
Old 10-07-2011, 03:26 AM Xcric is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

illig
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwilliam54 View Post

third grader brought grenade paperweight to school and they called the bombsquad???

the kid brought a disarmed grenade to school... if i saw a child with a weapon, i wouldn't automatically bet my life that it was harmless either
Old 10-07-2011, 07:43 AM illig is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

Cuntzilla
[M] Kittah
I love Jesus <3
 
Cuntzilla's Avatar
 
I brought my hunting compound bow and hunting tipped arrows to school in 3rd grade for my robin hood Halloween costume.

Hell i even shot them after school right in front of the building with my friends into the large filed across the street, over kids, cars and buss's.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:02 AM Cuntzilla is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Maybe it was just because i lived in the middle of nowhere, but i brought all kinds of retarded shit to school and didnt get in trouble.

Poisonous spiders and snakes, improvised blades that i made out of nailfiles and stuff, explosives made from household items (that just made a good bang and a puff of smoke, no damage), etc
Old 10-07-2011, 08:30 AM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

teh_rapist
 
teh_rapist's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [M] Kittah View Post
I brought my hunting compound bow and hunting tipped arrows to school in 3rd grade for my robin hood Halloween costume.

Hell i even shot them after school right in front of the building with my friends into the large filed across the street, over kids, cars and buss's.

you could pull a compound bow in 3rd grade? damn son. i could barely pull one in high school...
__________________
Spare the rape - spoil the child.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:32 AM teh_rapist is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you
 
Vendetta's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by illig View Post
the kid brought a disarmed grenade to school... if i saw a child with a weapon, i wouldn't automatically bet my life that it was harmless either

Yep, this is why the rule exists.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:45 AM Vendetta is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

teh_rapist
 
teh_rapist's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZainGray View Post
How small were you?? They come in different sizes.

do they? i was talking full size one, i guess...
__________________
Spare the rape - spoil the child.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:44 AM teh_rapist is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

Cuntzilla
[M] Kittah
I love Jesus <3
 
Cuntzilla's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_rapist View Post
do they? i was talking full size one, i guess...

It was a child's bow. Something like 25-35 pounds of force needed. I can pull it with my pinky finger now.

It "could" hunt animals but it was more of a "Im out with daddy hunting" type of thing.

I did get a turkey once when my father let me shoot. Wasn't a good kill shot the damn thing ran almost 1/2 mile before it died.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:42 PM Cuntzilla is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

teh_rapist
 
teh_rapist's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [M] Kittah View Post
It was a child's bow. Something like 25-35 pounds of force needed. I can pull it with my pinky finger now.

It "could" hunt animals but it was more of a "Im out with daddy hunting" type of thing.

I did get a turkey once when my father let me shoot. Wasn't a good kill shot the damn thing ran almost 1/2 mile before it died.

they make those? well, that explains it, nvm.
__________________
Spare the rape - spoil the child.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:09 PM teh_rapist is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth
 
Baloneyflaps.'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by illig View Post
the kid brought a disarmed grenade to school... if i saw a child with a weapon, i wouldn't automatically bet my life that it was harmless either


of course not


that is why a reasonable person would look at the paperweight, see that it was hollowed out, and not involve a goddamn bombsquad over a $10 chunk of metal trinket.
__________________
This signature is metal as fuck. Is yours?
Old 10-07-2011, 01:19 PM Baloneyflaps. is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs
 
BlisterDick's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_rapist View Post
you could pull a compound bow in 3rd grade? damn son. i could barely pull one in high school...

it takes practice. i took lessons when i was ~15 and on my first day at the range there were little kids pulling stronger bows than me.
__________________
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 10-07-2011, 02:02 PM BlisterDick is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
I'd say they are over reacting based on the fact that this story is making state/national headlines
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 10-07-2011, 06:25 PM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:01 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.