General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

KorrMuraan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisster View Post
well, no. I live in a tiny appartment and have been very careful to pack a preparedness kit for me and the GF, with enough food/nourishment and water to last us about 2 weeks. If her sister, sister's husband, their 2 kids and the dog show up, I don't have room to put them, food to feed them or water to give them and still have a shot at surviving myself. They've got a huge house with lots of room and IMO no excuse for not being prepared, he's just a lazy ass and the type of guy that would try and count on the neighbors in a disaster situation. If he wants to bring food and water and help me cap zombies, I'm all for it, but I know he'd do neither and expect us to feed his fat ass until McDonalds opened back up. Not gonna happen.

:edit: Here's an awesome read, a blog written by a Katrina survivor that was prepared, and his observations on how to be better prepared, as well as how to protect oyurself and your family in the event of disaster http://www.frfrogspad.com/disastr.htm

I had read this article like 2 days before the conversation took place Of course I'd try to help, but I'm not going to signifigantly decrease my chances of survival to help someone who's done nothing to protect himself or his family.

Very good read!

Really pisses me off how retarded most people are though.

"Give me your food because I didn't store any even though I live below sea-level on the coast!"

I'd prolly get in trouble in an event like that for various reasons...
1. My supplies are for my immediate family only.
2. Try to steal my supplies or endanger my family? I'll kill you, period.
3. "Rescuers" (fed/state/whatever) tells me to leave my home, confiscate my weapons, and throw my family in a shelter? See 3.

May sound harsh, but I see it as simply being a responsible adult and head-of-household. If you're unprepared, your stupidity is not my problem.
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

KorrMuraan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMahan View Post
Some and/or all of my safe contents depending on size of disaster/zombie outbreak, and of course all the basic food/water/survival necessities already mentioned. "O SHT" box pic:

Yeah, I think I got the weapons part covered at least...

wow nice collection
I'd be happy with 1/3rd of that.... or maybe even just the suppressed ruger .22s
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Blisster
^^^ZOMG, my gf is hawt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorrMuraan View Post
Very good read!

Really pisses me off how retarded most people are though.

"Give me your food because I didn't store any even though I live below sea-level on the coast!"

I'd prolly get in trouble in an event like that for various reasons...
1. My supplies are for my immediate family only.
2. Try to steal my supplies or endanger my family? I'll kill you, period.
3. "Rescuers" (fed/state/whatever) tells me to leave my home, confiscate my weapons, and throw my family in a shelter? See 3.

May sound harsh, but I see it as simply being a responsible adult and head-of-household. If you're unprepared, your stupidity is not my problem.

Yeah, excellent read, and somewhat scary. Have you seen any of the Katrina gun confiscation videos? It's unbelievable how swiftly and completely they disarmed prepared law-abiding citizens "for their protection" Me and a few friends have been considering how to deal with this, as we live in the bay area of California, where a catastrophe on the level of Katrina is not so inconcievable. The national Guard starts sweeping through the neighborhood, checking for survivors, dis-arming citizens....what's the move. If 4 soldiers have their F/A AR's pointed at me and my family and ordering me to surrender my weapons, I'm not going to try and start a firefight with these kids...do I give them the "throwaway" stuff ( a cheap revolver and a shotgun) and then go unbury my real arsenal? It's alot to think about...

Bay[A]rea represent

KorrMuraan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisster View Post
Yeah, excellent read, and somewhat scary. Have you seen any of the Katrina gun confiscation videos? It's unbelievable how swiftly and completely they disarmed prepared law-abiding citizens "for their protection" Me and a few friends have been considering how to deal with this, as we live in the bay area of California, where a catastrophe on the level of Katrina is not so inconcievable. The national Guard starts sweeping through the neighborhood, checking for survivors, dis-arming citizens....what's the move. If 4 soldiers have their F/A AR's pointed at me and my family and ordering me to surrender my weapons, I'm not going to try and start a firefight with these kids...do I give them the "throwaway" stuff ( a cheap revolver and a shotgun) and then go unbury my real arsenal? It's alot to think about...

Good point, though if they're doing it right they'll have a list of all your registered firearms they can pull up with just from entering your address/name. ClassIII(and higher) weaps will prolly be grabbed first. How'd they do during Katrina? It didn't go into detail. Simply demand guns no knowing what they had or did they do a forced entry and search?
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Glow

As nutty as some of you sound, and as big of assholes as some of you are. Find someone with water and just take it fuck sakes... Yeah have fun dieing alone when the water runs out.

But heres a quick one from me: If in doubt toss down whatever disinfectant you have real quick in your bath tub and run the shower clean it out. Remove shower curtain cause of mold or mildew (can also be used as a tent, I use the anti mildew kind). Run the shower then fill your tub. Bathtub typical holds 40 gallons of water. Hey it's a good holding tank before or if water gets shut off or contaminated before you can get containers and such.

I always have empty but easy to carry Plastic containers in a milk crate good for gas or water.
Violets are Blue
I'm gonna fuck you with a rake"
capstone: "time to write in your livejournal and cut yourself"

yar11800

If it's something like a eartquake the water pipes will be busted. Don't depend on this. Have bottled water. Also bottled water is portable. It may not be an option to stay in your home.

mofugger
I'm married to a gay man

post some of your oh shit bags/boxes

godofcheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glow View Post
As nutty as some of you sound, and as big of assholes as some of you are. Find someone with water and just take it fuck sakes... Yeah have fun dieing alone when the water runs out.

But heres a quick one from me: If in doubt toss down whatever disinfectant you have real quick in your bath tub and run the shower clean it out. Remove shower curtain cause of mold or mildew (can also be used as a tent, I use the anti mildew kind). Run the shower then fill your tub. Bathtub typical holds 40 gallons of water. Hey it's a good holding tank before or if water gets shut off or contaminated before you can get containers and such.

I always have empty but easy to carry Plastic containers in a milk crate good for gas or water.

Umm, I have water on my list. its a nice big cube of water. I don't plan on staying in town, so it will go into the vehicle with me along with other stuff.

yolo

don't ever forget Hurricane Katrina guys.

I'm in the Coast Guard, and people really underestimated the power of severe storms when it came to Katrina and Rita. That had to be the ultimate display of poor readiness, bureaucracy, and poor leadership. The cg rescued like 33k people, but the death toll hit something like 1800.

food.. important yes, fire/clothing yes... but the #1 thing people neglected to have before Katrina was : drinking water. People died of thirst... always keep one of those 24pack or 1.5L 12 packs of water on hand. This is at least 5-7 days water for a handful of people.

Go to a coastal town that is close to being hit by a hurricane, you won't find a fucking thing in the grocery stores... though places are much better now about at least providing ply wood, bottled water, and canned goods, but don't bet on it.

Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofcheese View Post
Umm, I have water on my list. its a nice big cube of water. I don't plan on staying in town, so it will go into the vehicle with me along with other stuff.

Oh didn't know I was just talking to you.
Violets are Blue
I'm gonna fuck you with a rake"
capstone: "time to write in your livejournal and cut yourself"

Blisster
^^^ZOMG, my gf is hawt!

Quote:

I'm not gonna go rob other people for shit that I should hve on hand, and fuck you very much, not only will I shoot your ass if you try to take my supplies, if you try and take my prepared neighbors shit I'll shoot you too. I;m not armed because it makes me a bad ass that can take what I want, I'm armed so that I can keep what is mine.

Bay[A]rea represent

godofcheese

Quote:
Oh didn't know I was just talking to you.

Next time make sure you focus your comment on the exact person then. Otherwise, I assume you are talking to everyone.

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

a simple tip...
I had a can-opener break on the second day of a week long camping trip. It sucked.
It's really easy to keep a spare can-opener

T.S.Sephiroth
I SUCKED THE KING'S DICK AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TITLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMahan View Post
Some and/or all of my safe contents depending on size of disaster/zombie outbreak, and of course all the basic food/water/survival necessities already mentioned. "O SHT" box pic:

Yeah, I think I got the weapons part covered at least...

sweet jesus...

edit: do you leave all your knives like that in the box, or did you just open them for the picture?

McMahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorrMuraan View Post
wow nice collection
I'd be happy with 1/3rd of that.... or maybe even just the suppressed ruger .22s
Yeah man just trying to stock up as much as possible, I’m always paranoid about another ban coming down the road. IMO suppressed .22’s are the best NFA bang for the buck by a long shot. I plan on picking up another .22 suppressor or two in the next year or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S.Sephiroth View Post
sweet jesus...

edit: do you leave all your knives like that in the box, or did you just open them for the picture?
Haha I just opened the door and snapped a pic. I have other knives that are put away but I like to leave my current favorites out and on the shelf. There are actually more out there that you can’t see due to the angle but I figured everyone would get the idea.