Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

KorruptioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by d114 View Post
But I'm not driving it much though.

Why are you not listening to us?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Verrückt

Reset the trip computer completely and try again. During transport on/off ships, trains, and trucks...cars can literally spend hours idling. The data in the trip computer could be hours of getting 0 mpg.

d114

Quote:
Originally Posted by KorruptioN View Post
Why are you not listening to us?

what I meant to say is that im not driving it enough to get a big enough sample to actually determine the actual fuel consumption of the vehicle.

Fiah
Sinds ik als transseksuele prostituee bezig ben, heb ik mezelf eindelijk leren accepteren. PM me voo

Quote:
what I meant to say is that im not driving it enough to get a big enough sample to actually determine the actual fuel consumption of the vehicle.

You'll find out soon enough. In all likelihood it'll be something between 5 and 6 l/100km

occupant

When I picked up the Grand Marquis rental from Hertz, the avg mileage showed at 19.1, so I reset it to reflect MY driving habits.

Next tank in 75mph OK turnpipke driving was like 23.83, next tank in 70mph Missouri-Illinois driving was 24.34, next tank in Indiana-Ohio-Penn and some city driving for the funeral and then coming back through Ohio was 27.17 (thanks 55mph speed limits, Ohio, you suck balls), and then it was a low 26 figure for the rest of the trip and until I turned it in.

So yeah, there's this theory in this thread about

INSUFFICIENT

FUCKING

DATA

and you're it.

thrawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by occupant View Post
When I picked up the Grand Marquis rental from Hertz, the avg mileage showed at 19.1, so I reset it to reflect MY driving habits.

Next tank in 75mp OK turnpipke driving was like 23.83, next tank in 70mph Missouri-Illinois driving was 24.34, next tank in Indiana-Ohio-Penn and some city driving for the funeral and then coming back through Ohio was 27.17 (thanks 55mph speed limits, Ohio, you suck balls), and then it was a low 26 figure for the rest of the trip and until I turned it in.

So yeah, there's this theory in this thread about

INSUFFICIENT

FUCKING

DATA

and you're it.

I drove a Crown Vic, bought new, for 13 years. From Cleveland, OH to Beckley, WV I averaged close to 30mpg for all those years. I got the best mileage at 70 and above.

Aseras

Most new diesels need 30-40K miles to "break in" and totally seal the rings and reach peak PSI ratings, which give you the most MPG and power.

Gas engines aren't nearly as picky because they dont rely on compression for ignition so they loose less power.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aseras View Post
Most new diesels need 30-40K miles to "break in" and totally seal the rings and reach peak PSI ratings, which give you the most MPG and power.

Gas engines aren't nearly as picky because they dont rely on compression for ignition so they loose less power.

30k? Wtf?

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
30k? Wtf?

I think areg hacked yet another account...

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

Ş~~~ Ş~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex Ş~~~ Ş~~~

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

http://www.thedieselstop.com/content...iesel%20Engine

Up to 10k on some motors, but after the first 1000 of light duty and minimized idle time you should hammer on it -> cummins shop manual

d114

How about for gas motors? the i30 was on a beer run so I took the chevy cruze instead. It has a 1.4 litre engine, supposed to get 40 some odd miles to the gallon. It's currently getting 18mpg.

I like how fuel consumption drops to zero when coasting, but when you put it into neutral it jumps up.

The cool thing about this car is that it's pretty damn powerful for a 1.4 litre. Plus build quality is amazing for a chevrolet. this car is a civic killer.

MazingHL

You don't get it still and you'll never will.

Turbos are in my cars

KorruptioN

Quote:
It has a 1.4 litre engine, supposed to get 40 some odd miles to the gallon. It's currently getting 18mpg.

You're not very bright, are you

d114

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazingHL View Post
You don't get it still and you'll never will.

my 05 scion got 34 straight off the lot. Not a demo car, had around 30 miles on it. on a side note Economy decreased with an SRI, switched back to stock box and mileage went back up. I fill to the brim and reset the odo to take mileage. Car was under warranty so I sight the top-off. First tank, second tank, third tank all consistent.

Now if the cruze were to have a consistent tank, it would need to exceed the rated MPG for the remainder of the tank. As in high consumption for the first portion of the tank, then super high economy exceeding rated specifications during the second part.

My 06 scion xA got 31 off the lot. automatic and driven differently, but still nothing as bad as the cruze.

Last edited by d114; 09-22-2011 at 07:47 AM..

Aseras

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
30k? Wtf?

really really, this is in the factory manual somewhere

The engine from the factory will check out with about 360-475psi of compression pressure

It will take at least 60,000 miles to reach the peak pressure of >550psi.

For the most part once you get to 10,000 miles your compression will be around 510psi meaning that most of the break in has occurred.