General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Junkie Mod? I thought dupes were banned?

Good work, tho... Not exactly a worklog; but these assmunchers around here get pissy if you post more than three posts and six pictures... I guess the ADD kicks in (or the meth in Totensiebush's case), and they rage out.

Keep up the good work... waiting for the test ride where you crash and break off a needle in your ass...

Dupes of what?

It's pretty close to a worklog, and theyre usually few and far between on automay so I figured something is better than nothing.

Thanks! i dont really do any more stupid stuff on the bike, those days are behind me, so hopefully she'll be in one piece for a long time to come.

Anyways, a little update, i sprayed 2 layers of color today, but since i dont have the fanciest of paint booths and foolishly didn't use a tack rag to get all the dust off the parts after cleaning and before painting, I got some wet sanding to do tomorrow before I finish off with another couple coats.

Here they are drying in our ultra recreation storage mini room.

Also did the inner part of the lights to match the color of the bike. Hopefully it'll look good on the bike.

Last edited by Alex; 03-19-2012 at 08:25 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Jaded1

Nice progress, coming together nicely. Nice to see someone take the time to worry about headlight cutoff

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded1 View Post
Nice progress, coming together nicely. Nice to see someone take the time to worry about headlight cutoff

Thanks!

Yeah the clean cutoff was big on my to do list, it'll be much safer for others, and as a bonus it'll keep them from following me into a parking lot and kicking my bike over out of anger! at least not because of the lights

Alex

Little bit of the light inside the front fairing, just to see what it would look like. Excuse the blurry phone picture. I'll take better pictures when the bike is complete.

Paint is wetsanded, going to do another wetsanding session later, leave everything to fully dry over night, clean and finish off painting tomorrow morning. I bought some tack rags this time and will mist down the garage floor to keep as much dust down as I can, then hopefully do clear coat either tomorrow night or Thursday morning.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Good job, sir!! Thanks for posting!

fake edit:  OMFG YUO SUXORZ U NO USE SBC/s54 IT CANOT BE COOL CUZ IT HAZ NO LSX!! 

Now you should feel at home...

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Looks like a decepticon

Alex

brocepticon

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Little bit of the light inside the front fairing, just to see what it would look like. Excuse the blurry phone picture. I'll take better pictures when the bike is complete.

Paint is wetsanded, going to do another wetsanding session later, leave everything to fully dry over night, clean and finish off painting tomorrow morning. I bought some tack rags this time and will mist down the garage floor to keep as much dust down as I can, then hopefully do clear coat either tomorrow night or Thursday morning.

I thought I recognized that...

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

Alex

Thats unfortunately all i can think about right now. Curse you.

[H]ard|On

uncanny resemblance

Aside: I read that VTEC originally debuted on motorcycles, circa '77 but was dropped later and used in cars because it was too brutal and unpredictable when it "kicks in" for a two wheeled vehicle

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
uncanny resemblance

Aside: I read that VTEC originally debuted on motorcycles, circa '77 but was dropped later and used in cars because it was too brutal and unpredictable when it "kicks in" for a two wheeled vehicle

--John Hobbs

Alex

Well, another little update.

Turns out trying to paint has bent me over a barrel and shown me the 50 states.

I found someone local to do it for a reasonable price ($200) and I just bring him the paint. That is what I'm doing today, so hopefully in a few days I should have the pieces back. Theres just so much finessing when it comes to painting things 'right' that I'm tired of spending money on trouble shooting.

[H]ard|On

Honestly painting isn't that bad especially small panels like yours

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Honestly painting isn't that bad especially small panels like yours

This is because you have a BMW: you can paint like a pro, drive like Schumacher, theorize like Einstein, perform brain surgery, and build nuclear reactors in your backyard in your spare time out of a couple nickels and some baling wire--all because you happen to own a BMW.

He, in the other hand, has a lowly honduh, and can barely walk upright without assistance, and has yet to master speech.

--John Hobbs

Alex

i put in quite the effort, trust me, and instead of wasting another 60 dollar a quart can of paint, i decided ill cut my losses where they are, especially considering my first attempt went okay except for the dust, my second attempt i did 2 panels and they were covered in fisheyes and dust. That signaled a time to fold in the towel and let someone who knows what they're doing...do it.

200 dollars is a steal, especially considering i would have to buy another quart of paint regardless. The assurance of a perfect finish and me not having to do it, is good enough for me. Now I can use the garage again, to practice walking upright.