General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
This is because you have a BMW: you can paint like a pro, drive like Schumacher, theorize like Einstein, perform brain surgery, and build nuclear reactors in your backyard in your spare time out of a couple nickels and some baling wire--all because you happen to own a BMW.

He, in the other hand, has a lowly honduh, and can barely walk upright without assistance, and has yet to master speech.

Those things are not because of my BMW But the BMW does go along with them....

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

[H]ard|On

The pics are not very clear but it looked okay for a DIY project, what you've done I mean. Guess you're going for perfection

Alex

I tend to be really detail oriented, and the last thing i want to do while riding is look down at my tank and see a spec of dust staring back at me.

I figure if I can spend 50 bucks on 4 spark plugs, what the hell is another $200 dollars to make my bike look purdy.

[H]ard|On

personal satisfaction of having done it yourself maybe?

Like Jmels t-bucket... flat black paint, not perfect but bad ass. I wouldn't mind that sort of a DIY look on a bike either. It's a 10 year old bike, the first to have injection - perfect for a murdered out rattle can job imo 200 isnt much though.

[H]ard|On

double post

Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post

Like Jmels t-bucket... flat black paint, not perfect but bad ass. I wouldn't mind that sort of a DIY look on a bike either. It's a 10 year old bike, the first to have injection - perfect for a murdered out rattle can job imo 200 isnt much though.

Well that was the original plan, I did like the idea of doing it properly myself, I just dont have money to throw away 'learning' something i will probably only do a couple of times in my life, not to mention that fact this is a condo, so i cant keep hiding that im doing something like this which is highly illegal to do in CA, let alone a condo complex, the paint reeks to high heaven and stays that way for days, and I cant work with the garage wide open. I don't have a fancy gun, nor does it make sense to get one just to do this, I don't have the proper air supply, no hard lines, no line cooler to keep moisture down (even though I had 2 water separators, and 1 filter on the lines), eventually everything starts to add up and if you realize it's all against you, sometimes it's more intelligent to know when to fold. You live and learn. I did do 99% of the bodywork, and that I'm sure went a long way into having the job at such a low cost. Some local shops wanted $500, i provide the paint and I do all of the body work. Fucking outrageous but I guess when you deal with insurance companies as a main customer it makes sense. This guy I was referred to from one of the local paint and body shops, has been painting for 40 years and has done some great work, and I could see a lot of it in person (his motorcycle, gorgeous coca-cola themed fender guitar, gun stocks). I chatted with him for a while, talked about everything from field dressing a deer, to the tesla roadster.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Well that was the original plan, I did like the idea of doing it properly myself, I just dont have money to throw away 'learning' something i will probably only do a couple of times in my life, not to mention that fact this is a condo, so i cant keep hiding that im doing something like this which is highly illegal to do in CA, let alone a condo complex, the paint reeks to high heaven and stays that way for days, and I cant work with the garage wide open. I don't have a fancy gun, nor does it make sense to get one just to do this, I don't have the proper air supply, no hard lines, no line cooler to keep moisture down (even though I had 2 water separators, and 1 filter on the lines), eventually everything starts to add up and if you realize it's all against you, sometimes it's more intelligent to know when to fold. You live and learn. I did do 99% of the bodywork, and that I'm sure went a long way into having the job at such a low cost. Some local shops wanted $500, i provide the paint and I do all of the body work. Fucking outrageous but I guess when you deal with insurance companies as a main customer it makes sense. This guy I was referred to from one of the local paint and body shops, has been painting for 40 years and has done some great work, and I could see a lot of it in person (his motorcycle, gorgeous coca-cola themed fender guitar, gun stocks). I chatted with him for a while, talked about everything from field dressing a deer, to the tesla roadster.

Well, you've already done excellent work; finishing it off wouldn't have been bad at all, most likely very good to excellent. You have nothing to be ashamed about, you were doing fine.

Since you've already made the investment, just fucking finish it; if it doesn't work out, strip it down and let the pro do it. If it turns out well, you have something amazing to be proud of; if not, you have the guy do it, you learn your lesson, and you still have an amazing bike with a cool headlight setup that actually works properly (hella more kudos there than with the rest, given the scads of s here that prefer to me roadgoing menaces).

Have confidence in yourself!!

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Alex

Thanks!

The fairings are already at the paint guy should be done by Monday hopefully. I do have confidence in myself, and although I'm sure I could have eventually figured out and gotten an acceptable result, I just don't have a good air supply, good air gun, etc, and just doesnt make sense for me to invest in those right now. This will be both cheaper for me, and probably garner a much better result, the math just adds up better in my favor this way. This guy already has the proper tools to do it, not to mention 40 years of experience to iron out the kinks. Sometimes a person just needs some help, at this stage of the project, I am that person.

I'm very excited to get everything back and putting the bike back together! I can go back to doing what I'm good at, focusing on the mechanical and electronic side of things. Hopefully next update won't be a setback, but a step forward =)

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post

That's the price you pay for being a perfectionist as you put it. I'd be 100% okay with flat black rattle can results, and that's what I was aiming to do with mine. I do agree for 200 you "may as well" and your bike is looking sharp but if I may let me gripe for a minute....

For me trucks and motorcycles fall into the "who cares what it looks like" category. Short of fancy $30k Harleys, bikes aren't very good looking anyway - form follows function and there isn't too much you can do. All crotch rockets look damn near identical. In fact the appeal of a flat black bike to me was that it would stand out among the ubiquitous red/green/blue factory painted sport bikes.

Trucks and SUVs and minivans are the same way - dodge, ford toyota or chevy it's the same damn thing. There are no beautiful haulers. Some do look more aggressive than others but I would not bother with an expensive paint job for one. never understood the folks who do a three tone pearlescent metallic on their.... s10

Or this

kilegoder

How to Rip DVD and Convert &Transfer Video/Audio/Picture to iPad

Put DVD on your iPad?
Download video to your iPad?
Transfer files on iPad to computer/ipod/iphone?
Make pleasant ringtone for your iPhone?

Tipard iPad software Pack is such a piece of software that can solve all these problems. It is combined with DVD to iPad Converter, iPad Video Converter ,iPad Transfer Pro, and iPhone Ringtone Maker.

Introduce the product individually.

iPad Video Converter can help you convert any video format to iPad compatible format. Also you can extract audio from any video file and convert it to iPad audio format. Apart from the converting function, Tipard iPad Video Converter also provides you with useful function of editing videos. With this iPad converter, you can easily trim, crop, merge and watermark video.

First , you may load video or add files to iPad Video Converter
Then , you can convert and edit the video according to your personal needs, Such as, trim ,crop ,merge,etc

Whats More, add watermark to your video is available

DVD to iPad Converter possesses mighty editing functions. It enables you to crop, trim, merge and watermark video to get customized video effect. Also you can adjust the video effect on brightness, contrast and saturation.
Specifically
Rip DVD to iPad video formats
Extract iPad audio file from any DVD
Edit your video- trim, crop, merge, watermark
Preview video and capture image
iPad Transfer Pro can
Backup iPad video/audio/photo to PC
Transfer files from PC to iPad
Convert video/audio to iPad compatible video and audio format

Besides, iPhone Manager for SMS will help you
Copy iPhone SMS files to PC
Backup current SMS to computer
Delete your selected SMS

If you are a Mac user, you could select the iPad software Pack for Mac .
The software has editing functions like setting video effect (Brightness, Contrast and Saturation), trimming the any length of the video, cropping the region of the video, merging clips into one file, setting video data and taking snapshot of your favorite pictures.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
That's the price you pay for being a perfectionist as you put it. I'd be 100% okay with flat black rattle can results, and that's what I was aiming to do with mine. I do agree for 200 you "may as well" and your bike is looking sharp but if I may let me gripe for a minute....

For me trucks and motorcycles fall into the "who cares what it looks like" category. Short of fancy $30k Harleys, bikes aren't very good looking anyway - form follows function and there isn't too much you can do. All crotch rockets look damn near identical. In fact the appeal of a flat black bike to me was that it would stand out among the ubiquitous red/green/blue factory painted sport bikes.

Trucks and SUVs and minivans are the same way - dodge, ford toyota or chevy it's the same damn thing. There are no beautiful haulers. Some do look more aggressive than others but I would not bother with an expensive paint job for one. never understood the folks who do a three tone pearlescent metallic on their.... s10

Or this

I'm sure you knew you asked for this:

This one is hotter, tho:

I have played hell finding better pics of "Elvira", the black Lightning... The paint on that is just jaw-droppingly amazing.

EDIT: Rule #3 satisfied:

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Last edited by Tex Arcana; 03-22-2012 at 08:33 PM..

Alex

I already have a "truck", its a 92 4x4 4runner and she's my dont give a shit what it looks like mobile, I love it but I'm gonna have to get rid of it soon since it gets a measly 15mpg highway.

I just want something nice, and I agree about all sport bikes looking mostly the same, which is why I tried something a little out of the ordinary, I've seen flat black bikes, it's been done, but I don't think I've ever really seen a flat red bike done nicely.

I also met Elvira in person on a movie she was in that I was a production assistant on. She was ultra nice, and asked if I was able to get a break and eat lunch. I didn't want to tell her the things I did to her pictures when I was young.

[H]ard|On

Tex the red one looks like a nice F150 with a tonneau cover and rims.

The one with blue flames looks like it should have GONZALES across the windshield.

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

Quote:

not the first bike to have EFI by a long shot

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by totensiebush View Post
not the first bike to have EFI by a long shot

The i in f4i stands for "injection" - it was the first cbr600 to be so equipped

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.