General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Gabbo

This needs a sticky as soon as can be possibly done.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Mark Larson

IMHO, patch is the best form of contraception available...

- better than the Pill because its easier to remember.
- better than the shot because you can just take it off if the side-effects are too much.
- better than the NuvaRing because its not as invasive.

Downsides?
It costs too much without insurance

Threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
Nice post, moron. Gen[M]ay is five forums up. You seem to have gotten lost

stfu fucking 20k fucktard

ShoelessOne

well, i actually like BC threads myself, cause i find the discussion intersting normally.. but oh well.

IMO, the NuvaRing > *, as although it is "invasive", you dont have to worry about it for 3 weeks at a time. whats more, 9/10 people say that they have no idea it is there durring sex. ie its not noticable.

the patch, while nice, can
1. be embarrising for you if people see it
2. leaves a stickey residue on the body...
3. as mentioned, can be expensive

oh, and here is a photo of the NuvaRing incase anybody is currious:

http://www.csl.mtu.edu/~kemitche/ring.jpg

of course, i dont know any of this first hand of course, just what i have heard.....

****I AM ACTUALLY shoelessone****
b87f7c8231bcef050989f5aa358fc6c0

Ulrich von Lichtenstein

Loose Cannon and Arjuna, fantastic work. I hope all the kids take this to heart, because, trust me, it only takes one time!!. While my wife and I were not actively planning on an addition to our family at this point, we were lucky enough to have the means and stability to take on that responsibility. If you cannot, or choose not to deal with having and supporting a child, you really should be taking some precautions.

fake edit : Once my wife is done breast feeding, she wants to try the ring.

idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Larson
IMHO, patch is the best form of contraception available...

- better than the Pill because its easier to remember.
- better than the shot because you can just take it off if the side-effects are too much.
- better than the NuvaRing because its not as invasive.

Downsides?
It costs too much without insurance

Another downside..some women (aka me) are allergic to the sticky residue on the patch. It made me break out in hives, and I know I'm not the only one it has happened to. There's also concerns about it staying on where it's suppose to for as long as it's suppose to.

As for male condoms and people with latex allergies, condoms are not completely out of the question. There are polyurethane and lamb skin condoms, which are slightly more expensive and slightly less effective, but an option nonetheless.

SpaceCase

Excellent work guys! this really needs to be perma-stickied like the fitness FAQ that Vendetta wrote up. I'd like to add one thing (a con) I've heard about Depo-Provera (the shot) that is sort of important. The shot can cause an increased risk of Osteoporosis, so extra (weight bearing) excercise is important, as well as increased Calcium intake, (a supplement like Viactiv or something is good).
I thought I'd point this out because Osteoporosis is a very common problem that young girls don't think too much about ("that's an old-people problem!") but it can be prevented early.

Member of the Genmay Women's Krew.

loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threshold
stfu fucking 20k fucktard
From one 17k to another, you really don't have room to talk. And especially not that way in the BC.

Dan

i await the day more male proactive birth control is available such as a male birth control pill

combination of both male and female birth control = very small chance of pregnancy = win

Munka

would I be the first to suggest a sticky here?

edit: okay I wouldn't but yeah, I still suggest it

f00ker's Wife
SlickChicFallen
... and the LORD struck him with an incureable disease of the bowels ...

YOU FORGOT THE NUVARING!

EDIT: ahhh, thanks to Aruja (or whomever) added 'the ring' to the list...

I just started the ring today, and it seems fine, I like the way it works and the side effects/lack thereof

Last edited by SlickChicFallen; 10-15-2004 at 08:34 PM..

Ron|n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan
i await the day more male proactive birth control is available such as a male birth control pill

combination of both male and female birth control = very small chance of pregnancy = win

I'm scared to death of what amounts to hormonal therapy though. Obviously the pill is no different, but I'll openly admit I'm not as brave as my girlfriend.

Still, 2 forms of birth control is always the goal

eileenbunny

This is all great info. and kudos for taking the time to do this.
I just wanted to note another option (one that I've been using for years with perfect results) that was not listed here. Just because I've had perfect results doesn't meant that everyone will.
Here's a link with some great info. on this stuff: http://health.yahoo.com/health/drug/202531/overview
I stumbled upon this method when I was out of other options and still wanted to have sex with my husband. It's not as effective as the pill or norplant, but I think that with proper responsible use it's pretty good. The only other bad point I can come up with is that it can be messy, but hey, sex is messy anyway.

Again, I think it is great you put this info up for everyone.

Arjuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by eileenbunny
This is all great info. and kudos for taking the time to do this.
I just wanted to note another option (one that I've been using for years with perfect results) that was not listed here. Just because I've had perfect results doesn't meant that everyone will.
Here's a link with some great info. on this stuff: http://health.yahoo.com/health/drug/202531/overview
I stumbled upon this method when I was out of other options and still wanted to have sex with my husband. It's not as effective as the pill or norplant, but I think that with proper responsible use it's pretty good. The only other bad point I can come up with is that it can be messy, but hey, sex is messy anyway.

Again, I think it is great you put this info up for everyone.

Spermicide perfect ARP is 6%, typical use is 26%. If you use it, you have to do it right or else it is even less effective than the likes of withdrawal.

ShoelessOne

question:

does anybody know when the male birth control pill comes out?

hell, i think it would be funny to say "im on the pill", not to mention its auctual practical applications...

****I AM ACTUALLY shoelessone****
b87f7c8231bcef050989f5aa358fc6c0