Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

jewbloob

wow..a 22k thread that doesnt suck

Q: Why are aspirins white?
A: Because they work.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Zooy

Thank you, I'm currently waiting to go on Tricyclen 28. And I can't go on until I start the period thing but I'm so irregular it takes months. I've never had sex so i can't be pregnant but I did take a pregnancy test at the clinic just in case.But this information made me so happy reading about it because all the doctor gave me was a sheet saying DONT HAVE SEX! Blah. Thanks from girls and guys everywhere.
me: You weren't that bad
tehmay: I said I was DRUNK!

In Flames

Fantastic

SpaceCase

Hey Loose Cannon, is there any way you could find and post the stats of combining methods. Maybe just the stats of pairing each thing with condoms, as that seems to be pretty common. I did a little searching on my own (using the links you provided as well as my good friend Google) and couldn't find anything. Or do you (or anyone else know) how to figure that out? There must be some sort of mathematical equation, right?

edit: I searched some more, and finally decided to contact one of the planned parenthood sites to request this info. They should respond within 36 hours it said, I will post whatever they send me.

Member of the Genmay Women's Krew.

Last edited by SpaceCase; 11-11-2004 at 01:46 PM..

Loose Cannon

^^^^^

I guess in theory you could multiply the ARPs (expressed as probabilities out of 1) of your two methods. So for example, pill plus male condom would be 0.05 x 0.14 = 0.007 = 0.7% ARP.

This is a greatly simplified view of things though, since an ARP is a statistic drawn from live data, not a fixed mathematical probability. I am not aware of any in depth statistical studies of combination birth control. Let us know what the Planned Parenthood people tell you.

"wow.. a 22k thread that doesnt suck" - jewbloob

Chief [M]icrosoft Hater of Gen[M]ay [M]ac Club.

23b1270ade80a399f61ee8f9b42a87dc

SpaceCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
^^^^^

I guess in theory you could multiply the ARPs (expressed as probabilities out of 1) of your two methods. So for example, pill plus male condom would be 0.05 x 0.14 = 0.007 = 0.7% ARP.

This is a greatly simplified view of things though, since an ARP is a statistic drawn from live data, not a fixed mathematical probability. I am not aware of any in depth statistical studies of combination birth control. Let us know what the Planned Parenthood people tell you.
so far i haven't heard anything

Member of the Genmay Women's Krew.

DHermit
www.TShirtReview.com

The shot lasts 3 months not 6.

TenaciousLee

It is important to note also that when receiving the shot there is a very small risk of Anaphylaxis.
Therefore, when receiving the shot it is important to sit in the doctors waiting area for around 15 minutes as Anaphylactic shock is lethal.

" i'd rather root for canada before the yankees." - Budweizer

snow_bored

thank god...

and props for stressing the fact that if you cant support the damned kid - you better reconsider fuckin!

in our day and age, if girls & guys are smart, 'unplanned pregnancy' shouldnt really happen. With a one night stand? you get the morning after pill. in a committed relationship - get something 'reliable'

omg! not only is slimer jumping on your furniture but hes gonna slim the dog and then have slimersechs with u!?! -EthanHunt

IamYourGoddess

GENIUS.... there have been MORE times than i care to remember that ive had to bite my tounge to keep myself from flaming the hell out of all those lovely people that screw like rabbits and dont like the idea of condoms (etc) or dont like the idea of procreating.

in conclusion.... YAY YOU for throwing that out there to enlighten the general public!!
Old 11-21-2004, 05:39 PM  

drewxhawaii
D.R.E.W. is the worst [M]ember. He is M|22's sex slave

my girlfriend is convinced that the shot can cause tumors

can someone confirm/deny this?

said she heard it on am radio

i did a little research and found
Quote:
If a cancerous tumor is already present at the time Depo-Provera injections are given, such tumors have been shown to grow faster.
this is probably what she meant, and was mistaken

Last edited by drewxhawaii; 11-24-2004 at 02:24 AM..

Loose Cannon

Quote:
In 1991, WHO presented the results of a study of over 11,000 women who used Depo-Provera, mainly in Thailand and New Zealand. (The drug has been approved for contraception in about 90 countries.) Based on the study, published in the Oct. 5, 1991, issue of The Lancet, WHO concluded that, overall, women on Depo-Provera are not at increased risk of breast cancer. In addition, breast cancer risk did not increase the longer a woman stayed on the injectable contraceptive. The study did find a slight increase in the risk of breast cancer during the first four years of use, primarily in women under 35. That increase, however, is statistically weak and comparable to the risk associated with oral contraceptives, according to the researchers.
links:
http://www.openseason.com/annex/libr..._depo.txt.html
Google search

On the plus side, Depo has been shown to greatly reduce the likelihood of endometrial cancer (cancer of the uterus lining).

"wow.. a 22k thread that doesnt suck" - jewbloob

Chief [M]icrosoft Hater of Gen[M]ay [M]ac Club.

23b1270ade80a399f61ee8f9b42a87dc

SoSmooth

I came in my girlfriend the other night, the afternoon after she took the morning after pill. What are teh chances of the pill working? I made a mistake and i hope this thing works.

BCS
(mcovey)

i use a condom and pull out, so i figure my chances are slim of getting someone pregnant

-augusttremulous

krayolachildren
<3 Spinoza.

pulling out is no fun....the shot though...lotsa fun, most girls have no periods or just "spotting" and spontaniety is okay...but i still use condoms just incase.

[M] Tattoo Club

d645920e395fedad7bbbed0eca3fe2e0