Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Photography and I[M]aging
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

DarthMaul4114

lame. ok i guess i'll have to take his word for it then

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

also, i think you mean actuation count. accusation count would be how many times it has accused someone of something

It's Not My Baby

Hello everyone.

I plan on getting into photography as a hobby. I am looking for a reliable camera with manual features that I could learn on. I also want it to have a good image quality.

After looking on cnet and so on I found these two cameras that seem to be best for my needs. Which one would you guys suggest?

Fuji FinePix S5200 or the Canon a610

Thanks.

I could get the a610 for about 220 and the S5200 for about 250 or so. (Price Grabber)

OddFactor
I love the smell of freshly fucked poon.

I'm thinking about a Canon S3 IS which is soon to come out. Good idea?
.......v
Do ut des.

dinoadventures

my brother has the previous version and was displeased with the body and handling of it. he's currently looking to get a dSLR.

these kinds of cameras tend to make you want one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinoadventures/

OddFactor
I love the smell of freshly fucked poon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinoadventures
my brother has the previous version and was displeased with the body and handling of it. he's currently looking to get a dSLR.

these kinds of cameras tend to make you want one.

Besides the Digital Rebel, what are some other good ones?
.......v
Do ut des.

dinoadventures

how about a 10D?

it's got hella more features and handling for not much more $$$

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinoadventures/

sykoex

Which digicam in the 200-350 range is good for shooting in the dark? I've only owned webcams up until now and they look so grainy in the dark, is there any digicam out there that can shoot a decent quality picture in the dark without having to use a flash?

Basically i want a cam that can take a not grainy picture with very little light.

[/quote]

I have an A70 which in most applications for me is great. One of my friends wants me to take their wedding shots....no nothing special just out in a park setting. I was thinking of getting an old Rebel 35mm T2..would this be an upgrade as far as quality? I personally have been wanting to get away from digital to film again.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Well, I was looking at cameras for my mom's birthday and... first off ANYTHING halfway decent was way out of my budget.

She said today kind of out of the blue that she really needed one. Apparently she drops her cameras a lot so spending more than 150 wouldn't be wise. Given, she could just get a fat warranty on it like I have on my exz750 but... that didn't cross my mind at the time. And, having done my research for her present I actually cringed at the trashy camera she'd have to put up with.

Is everything under 200 just total garbage? She doesn't need 18,000,000,000 megapixels or movie taking capabilities. I offered her my old C700UZ but she said she wanted something compact like her friends Elph I think it was.

What I don't understand is why we have 7.2mp cameras out now, but then... everything in the 3 range is still what I'd consider "exorbitant"

fruitc@ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by G[h]EttOrAiD
What I don't understand is why we have 7.2mp cameras out now, but then... everything in the 3 range is still what I'd consider "exorbitant"

Best Buy usually has good deals on cameras and will sell you extra warranties too (if she is going to be droping it a lot). As for Megapixals, 3 MP is just fine for your every day point and shot. SLRs run higher like 5-16 because they enlage the pictures a lot and wan to keep the pixals small. I have a 6 MP SLR and I can blow the pictures up to 2' by 2' and have them still look really good. Nikon Coolpix is a good one for around 200.
Cheers

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitc@ke
Best Buy usually has good deals on cameras and will sell you extra warranties too (if she is going to be droping it a lot). As for Megapixals, 3 MP is just fine for your every day point and shot. SLRs run higher like 5-16 because they enlage the pictures a lot and wan to keep the pixals small. I have a 6 MP SLR and I can blow the pictures up to 2' by 2' and have them still look really good. Nikon Coolpix is a good one for around 200.
Cheers
there are a hell of a lot of different Coolpix models, thats kinda like saying "Canon Powershot"

fruitc@ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by totensiebush
there are a hell of a lot of different Coolpix models, thats kinda like saying "Canon Powershot"

Thats why I said it. It give is a wide range to chose from.

MagnumXL2

quick question....when looking at used DSLR's.. how many actuations is too many... what is the life span of these things..

Thanks

BlueMonstah
I bake pies for titles! <3 TheAgent

I'm thinking of getting either a Canon Powershot SD450 (fits in jeans pocket-- yay!) or a Canon Powershot S2 IS (yay features...and 12x optical zoom) but I can't decide which way to go. Anyone have any experiences with the S2? Is it bulky and make you not want to take it out anywhere without looking like a tourist?
Me: "So think of it this way. Donnie is like a free pointer in memory. A delete command was called, but he escaped it. Now he's doing things that shouldn't be happening. He's like this big fucking memory leak and everything is going wrong."
GF: *smack*