General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

wr3kt
areyouserios.com

1and1 is really irking me. Need (small)business hosting.

Their pings are horrible and the access times to my sites have been severely fucked.
I need a comparable plan of the developer package from 1and1:
300gb storage
3tb transfer

The biggest parts I need to have are virtually unlimited databases, emails, sub-domains, etc. I really need something that isn't pinging 100ms average and will load pages faster than 10 seconds.

I'm going to be hosting a lot of stores for customers, so I really need database access to be top notch as well as just loading the damn page quickly.

If it's going to take dedicated hosting, let me know, I just need to make sure all my sites are running fast and not going down every week.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

wr3kt
areyouserios.com

How is HostGator? Anyone know?

DannyG

Try www.hostgator.com - they have very big packages for cheap, but with demands like that you might be pushed on a Shared Hosting package. HostGator give excellent customer service, I was with them for a while with no complaints. Also you can use the coupon 'hgc25' and get $10 off your first payment.

Currenltly I'm with www.asmallorange.com and they're great, but they're packages aren't very large although support and reliability are fantastic.

Although I should note both of the above are US based, you will be very hard pushed to find a package with that sort of space and bandwidth in the UK for cheap...

eNforcer
wigglesworth

Do you really need 300gb of storage and 3tb of bandwidth?

Anyways, www.dreamhost.com

wr3kt
areyouserios.com

I'm in the US and that is my target. Like I said, my biggest complaint with 1a1 is the downtimes, the slow speeds, and the slow database access times.

DannyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by wr3kt View Post
How is HostGator? Anyone know?

Like I said, HostGator have been great, you'll find a LOT of good reviews on them, but then again you'll find some bad ones as well (you don't get to be a company of their size without the occasional disgruntled customer).

Have a look at www.webhostingtalk.com for information on good web hosts, who to avoid etc...

wr3kt
areyouserios.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post

Not really, but I've had times where I've gone over the x-fer and it hurt. I'd rather have a comfortable buffer on x-fer.

I had dreamhost. They have access time problems.

DannyG

Quote:

I have read an incredible amount of negative reviews and opinions with DreamHost, terrible support, takes days to answer support tickets etc.

wr3kt
areyouserios.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyG View Post
I have read an incredible amount of negative reviews and opinions with DreamHost, terrible support, takes days to answer support tickets etc.

Actually, the support I got through them was surprisingly good, but again, the speeds which I experienced were sub-par and worse than 1and1 at times.

eNforcer
wigglesworth

Quote:

Yeah, that is all true. Well, the support is ok when they actually reply - sometimes days later. I use my dreamhost account for hosting the odd file, like the weekly topgear.

I'm also with asmallorange, and although their prices seem high, I think they are perfect for what you get - top notch support (I mean really, they're fucking awesome) and fast hosting. Just no where near what you're looking for.

I think you're expecting too much out of these overselling companies they are all going to be slow

You get what you pay for.

Last edited by eNforcer; 02-20-2007 at 02:21 PM..

DannyG

You could give HostGator a try I guess, they're a reasonably good provider but like I said originally, 3TB of Bandwidth on Shared Hosting is practically non-existent.

Do you have a monthly budget? You might be more suited for a managed unmetered dedicated server (for both storage, bandwidth and perfomance)...

wr3kt
areyouserios.com

Quote:
Yeah, that is all true. Well, the support is ok when they actually reply - sometimes days later. I use my dreamhost account for hosting the odd file, like the weekly topgear.

I'm also with asmallorange, and although their prices seem high, I think they are perfect for what you get - top notch support (I mean really, they're fucking awesome) and fast hosting.

I think you're expecting too much out of these overselling companies they are all going to be slow

I'm currently using 2.2gb of space on my server. Hosting my websites and my client's websites. Space will continue to be an issue. I've used 9gb of transfer and that's going to go up a lot in the coming months due to 2 stores being opened that will be heavily advertised.

So yes, the requirements I listed are fairly important as I have eaten nearly 60gb in a month before due to various traffic not related to file-hosting.

wr3kt
areyouserios.com

Quote:
You could give HostGator a try I guess, they're a reasonably good provider but like I said originally, 3TB of Bandwidth on Shared Hosting is practically non-existent.

Do you have a monthly budget? You might be more suited for a managed unmetered dedicated server (for both storage, bandwidth and perfomance)...

Can you shoot me a few links to companies that provide reasonable packages for this?

I'm currently on a $25/mo plan. I'm willing to go to $30, but I need to know the service is going to fit my needs.

angrybusdriver
I love spoonage this much: <-------------------------------------------------------->

Whichever host you decide to go with make sure you read up on them. Especially on more than just one site/forum.

Probably the best place to start is www.webhostingtalk.com

wr3kt
areyouserios.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLEASE BAN ME! View Post
Whichever host you decide to go with make sure you read up on them. Especially on more than just one site/forum.

Probably the best place to start is www.webhostingtalk.com

Yea, I'm going through all that.