General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Tk421

Very nice. My 67 is at the body shop and my 400 is at the engine shop as well! Im also going .30 over on the 400, should be fairly stout when its done.

Couple questions:
- What type of cam did you guys use?
- Why the B-Body switch on the front?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Jehannum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk421 View Post
Very nice. My 67 is at the body shop and my 400 is at the engine shop as well! Im also going .30 over on the 400, should be fairly stout when its done.

Couple questions:
- What type of cam did you guys use?
- Why the B-Body switch on the front?

CompCams hydraulic roller cam, 264/270 duration, .49/.49 lift. No ZDDP issues for me, thanks.

The b-body setup has three advantages:
1) a 12" stock brake disk
2) instead of gaining camber under load, it loses camber
3) a full inch drop in ride height

Of those, number 2 is the most important to me. Gaining negative camber under load will result in better handling.

1992 300ZX: Not stock, 433 RWHP
1971 240Z: Toyota front brakes, 123 RWHP
1967 Pontiac GTO: not stock.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehannum View Post
I don't have any recent ones of the back yard.

No refrigerators, toilets, vanities, or anything else but my lawn furniture out there, but I am in the middle of finishing a cedar closet (and fuck Lowe's for their shitty rendition of tongue in groove cedar planking, looking square at where your chin should be on that one), so there's a couple sawhorses and a chop saw out there at the moment.

Didn't know you were only 5' tall there, skippy...

Didn't anyone tell you to check your shit before you buy it?? You CAN take it back, 30 days same as cash; and call customer care if they give you shit.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Jehannum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Didn't know you were only 5' tall there, skippy...

Didn't anyone tell you to check your shit before you buy it?? You CAN take it back, 30 days same as cash; and call customer care if they give you shit.

I tried to inspect it in the store, but it's in a sealed, cardboard package, which makes it difficult.

I ended up having to get two packages to line the back of one coat closet, because of the shitty tongue in groove and the warped planks.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
I tried to inspect it in the store, but it's in a sealed, cardboard package, which makes it difficult.

I ended up having to get two packages to line the back of one coat closet, because of the shitty tongue in groove and the warped planks.

Then repackage the shitty stuff and take it back, and tell them it was shit.

Fuck, you mean you're actually a CONSIDERATE customer??? Most of the fuckwad custos we deal with will rip the packages open, take what they want, mix them up, and shove ten extra into the box for that little extra "freebie" they seem entitled to.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Restomods kick ass. Love the discs and those upper control arms. Heads look great too.

Looks a little rough on the body, good luck. What kind of budget are you guys thinking for the whole project? Looks like 20k easily without purchase.

Jehannum

I don't calculate totals, as a rule.

We'll have $5k in the body, based on the hand-shake agreement with our under-the-table laborer (who does carry shopowners insurance, but not a whole fuck of a lot else, )

Tex Arcana

Quote:
I don't calculate totals, as a rule.

We'll have $5k in the body, based on the hand-shake agreement with our under-the-table laborer (who does carry shopowners insurance, but not a whole fuck of a lot else, )

how's your Spanglish??

--John Hobbs

Jehannum

Guy's as white as snow. He's one of them tea party patriots who thinks that niceties like business licenses are just ways for the man to keep him down.

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Guy's as white as snow. He's one of them tea party patriots who thinks that niceties like business licenses are just ways for the man to keep him down.

Oh... a scofflaw cheater who doesn't want to pay taxes...

--John Hobbs

Thermo1223

Quote:

Not to turn this into a "look at this BS lowes sold me" thread but that is one reason I am leaning towards oak flooring in our house.

Even engineered hardwood warps in the box let alone laminate. Hell you could see the bend in the box itself from being stacked improperly. BOT...

Yay for better brakes and more go!

Shame there were(is) some really knowledgeable people on [H] but wouldn't be caught dead in here even if it was superduper kiddosafe. Kyle went and had his period and ruined it for all.
Range - GTFO god :rolleyes:

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermo1223 View Post
Not to turn this into a "look at this BS lowes sold me" thread but that is one reason I am leaning towards oak flooring in our house.

Even engineered hardwood warps in the box let alone laminate. Hell you could see the bend in the box itself from being stacked improperly. BOT...

Yay for better brakes and more go!

Shame there were(is) some really knowledgeable people on [H] but wouldn't be caught dead in here even if it was superduper kiddosafe. Kyle went and had his period and ruined it for all.

Laminate, I get, if it's improperly stacked and stored; but ENGINEERED?? Again, assuming its properly stacked it'll lay straight and stay straight right up 'til it's installed.

Straight-up hardwood?? THAT will warp and curve, right up 'til it's installed. It's just the nature of wood.

This is what we put in about a year ago:

--John Hobbs

Jehannum

The body got mounted to a rotisserie yesterday:

mekilljoydammit
[H]Cars refugee and rotary whore at large

Oh I knew there was some shop tool I was missing.

Nice project.

We thought it must be possible to make an interesting living messing about with racing cars and engines." -Keith Duckworth

Driving: A nice practical sedate car... '03 WRX
Shooting: Canon P, Zorki 6, Nikon D5100, 1911, FAL

Jehannum

Got some primer on it:

POR-15'ed the floor pans:

Swiss cheese at the bottom of the rocker