General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > CompuGlobalHyperMegaNet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

aoeoae

windows returning to its shitty roots

http://ignorethecode.net/blog/2015/0...ing_windows_8/

sequel to an older thread of mine: http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=651766

guess msft is bending backwards to satisfy its users' legendary resistance to change. next up will be taking out the ribbon from office and going back to an array of 6,000 24x24 buttons to click.

good job asking for that updated horse and carriage while rejecting something actually modern and useful. you got it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

she nice

get out macfag
Filter Ban Log border= she nice (388272) Permaban 2014-12-06 12:26:26 you're not getting a new AV
[QUOTE=The Unflushable Turd;25421148]guys i ruined christmas[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=lollersk8s;25442951]yes I get to make the rules[/QUOTE]
do it for kiki ᕙ( ̀╭ ͟ʖ╮́ ) ᕗ

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

I don't agree that a UI concept from 95 is useless. A four wheeled car concept is very old, and not useless - some things are just good ideas. For mobile devices traditional windows does seem bad. And the integration of metro and classic modes in Win8 is awful, i don't get why that guy has such a boner for it.

he may have some good arguments about other innerworkings that are over my head, but I think classic is better for desktops and metro is better for tablets - they do need to finesse what you can do in either, and eliminate having to switch often. i agree the new metro looks terrible for tablets though, which is the one thing it was good for. maybe the point is to have 10 be a desktop OS, and a new one is coming for tablets? that would make a lot of sense.

brown card

"modern and useful?"

I agree, get the fuck out, whatever sort of fag you are.

Metro is dumb as fuck and has no business on a fucking desktop. Shit out a tablet version of Winblows that uses Metro exclusively and let that be the end of it. Referring to this as """resistance to change""" is full blown potato retard . The changes that Microsoft made to their DESKTOP operating system did not make sense on DESKTOPS.

the fuck is wrong with you

brown card

I would actually love to see a statement explaining how exactly they expected this all to play out...

"We'll release 8, the oem's will all sell computers AND tablets that are equipped with and designed for touch, it'll gain acceptance and everybody currently running 7 or below will either buy expensive touch displays or... buy new machines!"

Even if the OEM's had played nice it never would have happened

brown card

Oh also that red card should not have been issued... Shitposts/shitsnipes are perfectly acceptable in main.
<edit>
the hell

did he move the thread or did i get some bad antifreeze

bad antifreeze

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

definitely the latter

i agree though just been a while since i carded auntie

lol

windows lol

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

suck a dick. they finally listened to the market share and realized desktop users were not interested in being forced to learn a new way to do all the things htey were already used to doing for a minimal processing performenace gain.

welcome to the real world.

if IOS suddenly changed the entire nature of the way you use it overnight with no option to revert to the old way without a third party program, people would be pissed off at apple too.

learn from your mistakes.

touch screen is fine for phones and tablets and even touch screen laptops, if you want to use them that way.

but fucking over your core userbase by trying to force them into something they don't want is fucking arrogant and stupid and I only hope MS has realized their terrible, TERRIBLE, mistake and done the horrific thing of giving users a choice in interface...

cause they can't rely on third parties to fix their forever/

brown card

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post

suck a dick. they finally listened to the market share and realized desktop users were not interested in being forced to learn a new way to do all the things htey were already used to doing for a minimal processing performenace gain.

if IOS suddenly changed the entire nature of the way you use it overnight with no option to revert to the old way without a third party program, people would be pissed off at apple too.

touch screen is fine for phones and tablets and even touch screen laptops, if you want to use them that way.

but fucking over your core userbase by trying to force them into something they don't want is fucking arrogant and stupid and I only hope MS has realized their terrible, TERRIBLE, mistake and done the horrific thing of giving users a choice in interface...

Apple DIDN'T

They... sort of are... starting to now, maybe a little, gradually rolling it all into the same shit sandwich

Microsoft had to do it this way because nobody would want to develop apps.. JUST for microsoft tablets... all... fourteen of the surface 1's that they ended up selling.. have already seen other "app stores" fail

developing apps that can be purchased and run on every Windows PC in the world? All 14 bajillion of them? that has a much better ring to it.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post

I like the idea of touchscreens even for desktops, it's inevitable. Macbooks need to get on board too. Still though, a tablet a laptop and a desktop all serve different needs. This is why apple doesn't use iOS on a macbook, nor vice versa, makes sense right? Now that MS is after the same concept people are crying up a storm.

i didn't like 8, it tried to do both

brown card

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
I like the idea of touchscreens even for desktops, it's inevitable. Macbooks need to get on board too.

why?

why is it better than using a mouse?

lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown card View Post
why?

if you have the fine motor skills of a toddler

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown card View Post
why?

because on a laptop you can scroll pages sideways/etc and do other stuff without using the pad. Like i said it's inevitable and the new crop of upper end lappys will all have touch screens. It's better for some things, like browsing, but worse for other things like using Blender where you need a mouse to manipulate vertices, or FPS gaming where you have to aim with precision. I feel weird having to explain this.

Do you own a laptop? You don't always have a mouse plugged in, and the pad sucks donkey nuts.

brown card

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
because on a laptop you can scroll pages sideways/etc and do other stuff without using the pad. Like i said it's inevitable and the new crop of upper end lappys will all have touch screens. It's better for some things, like browsing, but worse for other things like using Blender where you need a mouse to manipulate vertices, or FPS gaming where you have to aim with precision. I feel weird having to explain this.

Do you own a laptop? You don't always have a mouse plugged in, and the pad sucks donkey nuts.

I have two laptops, I have a "non retina iPad 3(?)", two desktops at home, a desktop and a mac mini on yosemite for testing/fucking up at work

not once have I ever had an urge, desire, or need to touch the screen in order to have better control

Some touchpads suck, I'll give you that... Most of them don't, and they're getting better.

FPS gaming with a touchscreen sounds fucking horrible IDK what the fuck you're talking about there

I wasn't trying to be insulting or "beefy" at all here, I honestly just want you to explain why a mixed-mode with keyboard, mouse, and touch is optimal, people who haven't drunk this kool-aid are ignorant/retarded somehow (this seems to be the belief that you, Aoewhatever and this assblogging cuntfuck share)