General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Typhoon43

WTF is this Paris Climate Accord stuff?

I don't do news, FB, or much Reddit, so what's the big deal about us not signing up? Seems that's all I see, even on tech sites right now. Someone fill me in as to why the US said "Uhh, Nope".

Thx

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

When I was 7-years-old I thought I was constipated. I told my parents and somehow managed to acquire a stimulant laxative. That night I awoke with a log the size of my forearm in my underpants.

I was a young boy that had big plans
Now I'm just another shitty old man

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

sounds like a fucking terrible thing to be a part of, if any of what that asshole says is based in reality

joe nathan
joe nathan doesn't ask for dick. joe nathan tells you the way it is, or else.

i usually ask grown-ups these questions

Typhoon43

I wish I knew how much of the bill we'd have to foot vs. how much of a "polluter" we are on the World-wide scale, but yeah, this reminds me of what I've been saying about the UN for like 20 years.. Why does the US always have to step in and help (read: pay) for every other UN country's problems? Does that make me an isolationist? I just think we should take care of ourselves. Let everyone else fend for themselves for a bit.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

All that the coverage and chatter from librulls is "this is bad" "countries/mayors/governors say this is a bad move" "fuck you trump we're doomed" etc no actual discussion of the details...

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Didn't watch, ain't nobody got time for that

Trump may be a Taint licker, but pulling out of this Paris shit is a good thing. Half the countries that signed aren't going to change jack shit, they just signed for appearance sake. We can wait and see how it affects European countries (the only ones that will actually try) and then think about signing up later.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

Look at all these gay niqqers from outer space clamoring to get a nostril full of Trump's bean bag

I was a young boy that had big plans
Now I'm just another shitty old man

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP

Trump announced his plan to pull out of the Paris Agreement that was established in 2015.

The Paris Agreement has nothing to do with the city of Paris other than the fact that the agreement was made there. That's why Trump is getting blasted for saying he was elected to "represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris."

The US won't officially be removed from the agreement until 2020. Trump said it was a bad deal for the US, but didn't explain how/why. He said he'd be open to renegotiating the terms for the US, but the rest of the countries involved have stated there is no renegotiating. Each country determines its own contribution it should make in order to mitigate global warming, there is no mechanism to force a country to set a specific target by a specific date, so what can you renegotiate?

The agreement is basically 195 countries stating what they'll do to help mitigate global warming. Since Trump's announcement, a few governors have announced that their respective states will still do their part in upholding the Paris agreement.

China will leave the US in the dust with their investment in renewable energy while Trump focuses on bringing back coal mining.

TL;DR: The Koch brothers hate it and Obama was the President that agreed to it so Trump is getting out of it.

"This crosses the line." - Tex Arcana

"a war of attrition it'll be then, i'll tell you this much i have much more longevity and time for this game than you do" - Redrum

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

mostly symbolic, then

thats fine

just confirming what we already knew about him

I don't get why there's so much outrage over this specific action

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
mostly symbolic, then

thats fine

just confirming what we already knew about him

I don't get why there's so much outrage over this specific action

Because the US should lead the way on climate change. We should be investing in renewable energy, not promising coal miners their jobs back when there is no future in coal.

Germany and China are now positioned to blow past the US (China especially).

It's stupid to say he wants to renegotiate the terms for the US. That's taking back a promise Obama made in terms of what the US will do to help mitigate climate change. It's like "oh, we said we'd do X, but we actually just want to do Y, the other guy promised too much."

Angela Merkel is already being referred to as the new leader of the free world. It's just a really stupid thing to pull out of, and it's especially stupid to treat it as some kind of business contract that can be renegotiated for "better terms". This is something Obama agreed to and it's something that Bannon and the Koch brothers hate so once he got back to his safe space he announced his intention to withdraw. Politically it's also a very bad move, because now the rest of the world views it as a partisan issue rather than something the US will be a part of regardless of who is president. If this goes through, it will be hard to convince foreign leaders that the US won't withdraw every time a Republican is president, so it would probably be very difficult for our next president to get us back in. This needs to be something the US is part of no matter what, not just when a Democrat is president.

Edit:
Quote:
The leaders of France, Germany and Italy quickly responded to Trump’s decision, saying the deal was “irreversible and we firmly believe that the Paris agreement cannot be renegotiated.”

"This crosses the line." - Tex Arcana

"a war of attrition it'll be then, i'll tell you this much i have much more longevity and time for this game than you do" - Redrum

Last edited by g|aSsJaw; 06-02-2017 at 02:38 PM..

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

jewff kaplan is a

Triple B

I didn't read the Paris Climate Accord so I am completely qualified to comment on it according to my mom

plus the 1st amendment says you have to always express your opinion

gg next

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe nathan View Post
i usually ask grown-ups these questions

what has the world come to where 23k's are allowed to speak