Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
loller is this what you would buy?

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...0Housing%2520#

I'm in love with the car with ACS turned off I'm gonna kill it off

The only difference is one vs. two vacuum ports.

Go and look on your car how many hoses you need. I can't recall which I have, i think the single hose just like that one. That's the only catch between years/models.

ACS is n00b mode, dangerous and the fact that the other TB is on a 90-degree bend makes it a significant restriction at part throttle. With second TB in place @ WOT you don't lose HP, but at all other throttle positions you can feel the difference. I saved my parts, but will never willingly put them back in.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
The only difference is one vs. two vacuum ports.

Go and look on your car how many hoses you need. I can't recall which I have, i think the single hose just like that one. That's the only catch between years/models.

ACS is n00b mode, dangerous and the fact that the other TB is on a 90-degree bend makes it a significant restriction at part throttle. With second TB in place @ WOT you don't lose HP, but at all other throttle positions you can feel the difference. I saved my parts, but will never willingly put them back in.

I'm pretty sure this elbow goes a full 90 degrees whereas my current part stops at like 45* to allow room for the asc throttle body frame itself.

but yes its also eliminating a vac port which, if I had bought the Samco part, I would have had to buy a plug for as well.

I do like having it switched off so far, but I am kind of having second thoughts about deleting it completely, I mean, it doesn't rain often in CA but it has been known to.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

impromptu/unplanned race against my friends stage 2 b5 S4

completely wiped the floor with it

he romped on it first then I shot ahead by about a car and a half and was gaining even more ground when it came time to slow down

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

also this was n2b

some masculinity injected into this shitty ass show I'm obsessed with because i'm a faget

BORKED

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
I'm pretty sure this elbow goes a full 90 degrees whereas my current part stops at like 45* to allow room for the asc throttle body frame itself.

but yes its also eliminating a vac port which, if I had bought the Samco part, I would have had to buy a plug for as well.

I do like having it switched off so far, but I am kind of having second thoughts about deleting it completely, I mean, it doesn't rain often in CA but it has been known to.

Yea what I mean is because the TB is located inside a bend, there is no way to have the throttle plate without causing a restriction - perfectly horizontal is still no good, because it's a bend. Just take it out and look at it. It's always partially closing the passage, in any position. This system was added after everything else was designed, not as an integral part. No bueno! However that allows you to easily take it off, too.

As far as rain - it doesn't help. just don't have bald tires, and don't floor it, don't be an idiot (may be hard for you lololol etc etc jk) But ASC is seriously shit, all around, not just for performance, but as a safety feature. You can always put everything back later, but I promise you won't.

Which intake mani you got? '95 OBD1 wide runner, a tune with raised redline + CAI and your friend with S4 will never even come close

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollersk8s View Post
Yea what I mean is because the TB is located inside a bend, there is no way to have the throttle plate without causing a restriction - perfectly horizontal is still no good, because it's a bend. Just take it out and look at it. It's always partially closing the passage, in any position. This system was added after everything else was designed, not as an integral part. No bueno! However that allows you to easily take it off, too.

As far as rain - it doesn't help. just don't have bald tires, and don't floor it, don't be an idiot (may be hard for you lololol etc etc jk) But ASC is seriously shit, all around, not just for performance, but as a safety feature. You can always put everything back later, but I promise you won't.

Which intake mani you got? '95 OBD1 wide runner, a tune with raised redline + CAI and your friend with S4 will never even come close

I don't know how to tell them apart, stock USDM S52. But yeah I was looking at this M50 manifold kit... They recommend a boatload of additional supporting mods in addition like injectors and stuff.

I'm glad that is available as an option, I don't see myself ever going to FI on such a high mileage motor, but letting it breathe a little more freely doesn't sound unreasonable.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

fifty thousand minimum bid reserve not met???

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261480563855

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Quote:
I don't know how to tell them apart, stock USDM S52. But yeah I was looking at this M50 manifold kit... They recommend a boatload of additional supporting mods in addition like injectors and stuff.

I'm glad that is available as an option, I don't see myself ever going to FI on such a high mileage motor, but letting it breathe a little more freely doesn't sound unreasonable.

The difference is striking once you've seen both, the runners are literally twice the width. S50 is better for high rpm, the s52 gives you more low end torque due to faster air velocity at low rpm.

Overall the s50 is faster by several car lengths in a stoplight romp, but the skinny mani is good for comfort cruising around especially with a car full of friends/luggage. Also mileage.

injectors are only needed when you go to larger plumbing, so don't worry about that yet; down the line you can get a HFM and 3.5 TB with some larger squirters, maybe cams too. S50 swap is good with a CAI and a tune, that's all you need as long as your MAF and TB are stock diameter.

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

holy fuck they're enormous

Last edited by GhEttOrAiD; 05-19-2014 at 03:19 PM..

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

rofl and its only 70 bucks on eBay.... fcking badass...

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Yup. The hardest part is changing over the PCV system - you have to lengthen one of the hoses a little, and save one of the old fittings - that kind of shit.

Add something like the afe intake kit and this:
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-15...ter-coupe.aspx

It pulls soooo much harder 5.5-7k, it's like a different engine The "Shark Injector" is worth it imo just for the raised redline after an s50 swap. The different fuel maps probably help too, idk. It sounds burlier and passed smog by a kunt hair, no real drawbacks. Minus a couple MPG, mostly because it becomes fun to stay in the high rpm.

Ps interesting they now set it to 7k (used to be a bit higher when these cars were newer) - also you'll like the removed speed governor for those 140+ runs on the i5, it gets there easy

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

lollersk8s
HOLY FUCK I AM RETARDED

Yeah the kit is worth it.

Also this, but you can find similar for less: http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-13...e-2-pro5r.aspx

i have the ITG 3" foam filter with conforti tube/barrier. While shopping for a new filter due to age, I put the stock airbox back. With s50 and tune, the stock airbox kills my high end. Myth "confirmed"

There are defenders of the stock airbox om M3 forums (usually with stock s52) claiming the euro M3 has 80 more HP, and uses the same airbox... but it doesn't The euro airbox has 3.5" dia plumbing, not 3", which is a huge difference.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

combined with the MAF and TB cleaning this all added up to quite an improvement... The motor feels noticeably healthier

it wasn't "stumbling" before per-se but in addition to being a little more willing to rev it feels like it has a smoother idle for sure