General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Ascoe

Well the "intended" way is that you push the thumbstuff open manually to about 30 degrees then the spring takes over.

SOG extends the tang through the back on the handle on their "twitch" series knives, which is effectively a button, but not by the legal definition. You can usually also flick open assisted openers.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

im2smrt4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascoe
Well the "intended" way is that you push the thumbstuff open manually to about 30 degrees then the spring takes over.

SOG extends the tang through the back on the handle on their "twitch" series knives, which is effectively a button, but not by the legal definition. You can usually also flick open assisted openers.
That is called a "flipper".

SnarkFish
This post probably contains a URL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascoe

yeah my bump does that

not my pic, but you can see how the blade extends out the back of the handle. run your finger down the back and the blade pops open

Ascoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by im2smrt4u
That is called a "flipper".
Thanks, slipped my mind. =\

It's an interesting idea, but I find SOG's fit and finish to be a little off at times. Trying to get a real benchmade auto but getting any sort of decent price has turned out to be a pain in the ass.

I do have a 3100, their 2 inch auto that im trying to sell.

iceslice

Quote:
Originally Posted by im2smrt4u
An auto the spring opens the knife all the way.

An assisted opener the spring only works part way after you start to open the knife.

Think you pressing a button and the blade popping out vs you flipping the blade and a spring helping that action along. A well built knife will have the "response" in either case, but the assisted opening are both legal and in some cases safer/more functional.
Bren (AKA Dextertheorphan)[/QUOTE]

Tunnelvision is upon my head.