Originally Posted by FlyNavy View Post
.45GAP is the answer to a question that nobody asked

QFT

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33T_h4x0r_d00d View Post
Actually after holding the .45gap glock its understandable why they dreampt it up. It is a nicer package to hold than the .45acp glock. But thats basically saying its a smaller brick thats more comfortable to hold than a cinderblock.

All in all, unless you're buying a glock, why buy the propriety? Even then unless you have small hands or really REALLY favor the gap pistol over the acp pistol you'll probably be better off with the acp. If you're just looking for something different why not buy a 10mm or something thats actually different instead of something emulating something else. Get something unique.

.357 sig seems like it has more problems than perks. More recoil, snappier recoil, increased muzzle flash, higher priced ammo, hard to reload ammo, short component life and more chance to have a bullet slip out of the cannelure and cause a compressed overcharge dont really strike me as worth it. It doesnt test much better than .45acp, .40sw or 9mm.

To each his own but I see a lot of people who buy on impulse and then kick themselves down the road for hard to find or expensive calibers. As a tertiary or better blaster it might be ok but definately not for your main one.

if you were looking for a compact semi-auto would you go .40 or 9mm? I've fired both and really have no preference. I don't own one of either at the moment. Which performs better out of a 3" or less barrel?

yar11800

I would go with the 9mm becase it will have less felt recoil out of a compact sized pistol with a 3" barrel. Given the choice I would opt for a full size 9mm for the longer sight radius, added magazine capacity, and substatially lighter felt recoil

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

Quote:
Originally Posted by yar11800 View Post
I would go with the 9mm becase it will have less felt recoil out of a compact sized pistol with a 3" barrel. Given the choice I would opt for a full size 9mm for the longer sight radius, added magazine capacity, and substatially lighter felt recoil

and higher velocities resulting from a longer barrel, i don't need a full size though. Was toying with the idea of getting a compact auto but, i think i'll stick with revolvers for the time being. Will prob pick up a new 1911, i really want to check out Taurus's new 1911 and see how that looks and feels, or a new .357 mag maybe a 6" barrel........

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen-Yak View Post
if you were looking for a compact semi-auto would you go .40 or 9mm? I've fired both and really have no preference. I don't own one of either at the moment. Which performs better out of a 3" or less barrel?

I would pick 9 for the same reasons Yar mentioned. At the moment, for CC I really dont see the need to personally own .40. Since all 4 calibers respond similarly in a badguy your choices boil down to low recoil 9, snappy recoil .357 sig, snappy heavy recoil .40 and slow, smooth recoil .45.

Plus if you plan on shooting it often the price makes a difference.

In my whole collection I only have 3 handgun calibers. .380, 9mm and .45acp. The only reason I have .380 is because the one pistol I have that shoots it is so cool. Of course I dont shoot competative where I'd need my carts to meet certain specs to qualify.

MdBlades

The ,357 gap is a lame version of the 9x25 dillon.

I caught the jeep thing, now it burns when i pee.

2k7 Wrangler unlimted.

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdBlades View Post
The ,357 gap is a lame version of the 9x25 dillon.

.357 gap?

MdBlades

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommiePunk View Post
.357 gap?

.357 sig, bleh...stupid words :P

I caught the jeep thing, now it burns when i pee.

2k7 Wrangler unlimted.

x20vmk4x
SHITHEAD

so i held a G33, and the grip is SMALL. i have tiny hands and it was still really small. i could only get like 2.5 fingers on it. im gonna go to the compact model, but im not sure yet what caliber im going to get. ill look at the sigs, but my dad has a 228 i think, in .40, and its just too big for my hands.

found these pics over on arfcom, too.

084eed4acc323d9f322edd383384407c

KNYTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by x20vmk4x View Post
so i held a G33, and the grip is SMALL. i have tiny hands and it was still really small. i could only get like 2.5 fingers on it. im gonna go to the compact model, but im not sure yet what caliber im going to get. ill look at the sigs, but my dad has a 228 i think, in .40, and its just too big for my hands.

[img]http://x009.uploaderx.net/x/1163272707.jpg[/img
[img]http://x009.uploaderx.net/x/Handgun_expanded_JHP.jpg[/img

I've got a Glock 26 (baby Glock in 9mm) that I absolutely love and take everywhere. Initially I was "wierded" out by the short grip and having my pinky out there in the wind, but you quickly get used to it and everything fits up nicely.

There's a DVD out there called "Mastering the mini-Glocks" (or something close) that's got great info on using them for those interested.

h2co32

Now remember, there is no such thing as too many guns.

I personally want to have one of every caliber (modern and old). But to each his own.

I really enjoy shooting the .357 sig, but it is way too snappy for carry (for me anyway). But as its been said, a bullet is a bullet, shot placement is more important, so it doesn't matter how fast or large the bullet is, it only matters if you actually hit what you are aiming for. So use the round that you are the most proficient with. 9mm and .45acp for me.

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2co32 View Post
Now remember, there is no such thing as too many guns.

Bullshit. Care and feeding gets expensive.

I've known kids that were cheaper to maintain than some of my guns.

Soybomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by x20vmk4x View Post

The first image is often misunderstood by people. When we're talking about .357 sig and someone posts it I assume they're meaning "wow look at that red around it, it must be amazing." That red all around it is the temporary cavity of the handgun wound and is considered by most ballistic experts to be irrelevant to handgun wound. The first image illustrates that all popular calibers can penetrate to the desired 12" mark. The second image shows that the rounds from all the popular calibers will expand to very similar diameters. These images are meant to show that handguns all perform very similiarly and when we argue calibers we're talking about very subtle performances differences. They are all adequate, can meet the standards for good performance, and will perform similiarly. No caliber walks away from the pack.

If you interpreted the images correctly I apologize.