General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

getting set up... saw some signs that other shooters are starting to encroach. along the road on our way to set up steel, there was a car hood that had been shot at. "Keyholes" in the hood, so the rounds were tumbling, ppl lobbing shots in from too far away, not hitting shit... Also saw some trash that was left behind, probably by the same asshole yokels. A retail display case, shattered plexiglass and wood/metal scrap. Fucking idiots.

I started out on 1200, got myself on steel pretty quickly and easily. wind was still dead at this point.

I was short on ammo, so I moved on to the mile. By the time my spotter became available, the wind was CRAZY. He still got me onto the mile. Cannot easily tell whether hits are landing, I didn't bring my indicator system. I am improving it and will bring it for our next trip.

pals JP LRP that made me want to go long range with my AR10... easily my favorite gun of his that I've shot.

i need dis

dude to my right had to move WAY over, my brake was destroying him. Plus he forgot his muffs

I kicked ass with my new CZ75. After a mag or so of feeling it out, I hit 20/20 on that silhouette. Extremely proud of it, given how new I am to pistol shooting. Learned by watching YouTube

took some chunks out of the t-posts. This is the 1000. The guy to my right was lobbing 6.5 at it all day, he only has a 6x scope.

Six hits on the 24x24" mile, I was given credit for most of them. The only other guy shooting at it was using Hornady Match (non ELD) and we recovered like a dozen of his bullets, intact, while my Prime shrapnel was splattered all over the place.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Typhoon43

Nice shooting man. I'd love to try some long range stuff. Max yardage anywhere within an hour of here is 300 yards :-(

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

thanks!

yeah i have heard that, that the east coast basically has zero wide open space to use in this way

if you're ever out west and the timing lines up, you should try to join us

this site is about to close down for fire season, we'll be switching to a spot where the max range is 800m but... still fun + worthwhile.

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
thanks!

yeah i have heard that, that the east coast basically has zero wide open space to use in this way

if you're ever out west and the timing lines up, you should try to join us

this site is about to close down for fire season, we'll be switching to a spot where the max range is 800m but... still fun + worthwhile.

Texas is, oddly, the same way. Basically all of Texas is privately owned, meaning that the only places you can shoot any guns at all are A. dedicated actual shooting ranges or B. your own property, and in that case there's huge liability unless the property is big enough that bullets can't possibly escape. Even doing archery is apparently kinda hard, and you only need like 200 yards for that at the outside.

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
B. your own property, and in that case there's huge liability unless the property is big enough that bullets can't possibly escape.

I think this is a bit of an overstatement

Last edited by Baloneyflaps; 04-12-2018 at 09:35 AM..

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
I think this is a bit of an overstatement

The private club I was a member of for a while was super paranoid about this. Obviously, they had all sorts of safety measures in place - backstops, metal awning things over the firing lines, TONS of rules that they were THUPER THERIAL about, and so forth.

It was a pretty big property - 30+ acres, and even then, their range safety guy apparently regularly fielded complaints from the increasingly numerous neighbors about bullets escaping. He told me once that at least 90% of the complaints were most likely unrelated to the club, but it was always a topic of discussion at the club meetings as to how the club could shield its apparently abundant assets from litigation if anyone were to actually pursue a lawsuit.

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
The private club I was a member of for a while was super paranoid about this. Obviously, they had all sorts of safety measures in place - backstops, metal awning things over the firing lines, TONS of rules that they were THUPER THERIAL about, and so forth.

It was a pretty big property - 30+ acres, and even then, their range safety guy apparently regularly fielded complaints from the increasingly numerous neighbors about bullets escaping. He told me once that at least 90% of the complaints were most likely unrelated to the club, but it was always a topic of discussion at the club meetings as to how the club could shield its apparently abundant assets from litigation if anyone were to actually pursue a lawsuit.

dude, you're talking about a firing range. notice the part I actually quoted was not the part about firing ranges... it was the part about "private property" being a "huge liability"; so called "private" gun ranges are still ranges being used regularly by people other than the property owner and attract the same kind of undue attention as totally open to the public ranges.

Any firing range unless it is on the moon is going to have liars, scam artists and people who simply hate guns saying the range gave them cancer, killed their gerbil, made their flowers die and any number of other BS claims.

EDIT: I've lived near some of those lying shitheads. Most recently, I had some dumbfuck claim I "almost" shot him and bullets were zipping all around him on his property- and this was after firing blanks from one of my M4s The especially funny part is he never actually knew when I was firing live rounds because I have silencers on all the guns I was shooting.

Last edited by Baloneyflaps; 04-12-2018 at 08:04 PM..

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

BFLAP'S PRIVATE TURKEY GUNN RANGE KILLED MY MOTHER AND RAPED MY FATHER!!!!!!!!!

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps

Joke's on you, my gun range didn't do that... I DID! haha!

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

turkeys in your back yard... so jealous

friends nan has them in her yard. she would definitely give permission but if i fuck up and get caught I'd be prosecuted into oblivion + banned from hunting

no hunting within 150' of a structure, plus the county just straight up says no hunting here...

mikeawesome
Baloneyflaps is my lord. I have asked him into my heart.

county says no speeding

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

county can suck my dick

tsa too

dipshit.
royjr
65/m/furry looking for 12/m/top

Ghetto and shit-MR2 don't need no traffic laws.

Just a matter of time till he's confined to driving to work in a PowerWheels due to revoked license LOLZZZ
"I'm done here fuck all of you faggots." -GhEttOrAiD 07-16-2014, 05:10 PM.

mikeawesome
Baloneyflaps is my lord. I have asked him into my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
county can suck my dick

tsa too

then go shoot some turkeys fgt

aoeoae

looks like work is flying me down to the bay area for a month