General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Yes, because: "Work" is defined across a playing field equally .

A fucking 10 year old can do 2-3 minimum wage jobs because it involves 0 learning ability. You are paid on your skills which took time to develop and based on the rarity of it. I know it's hard describing this to someone whom has none.

so you are saying someone who picks fruit for poverty wages doesn't work as hard as some CEO? Or that they do?

sure better skills gets you better pay but you guys act like poor people are all just poor because they don't work hard enough.

not everyone can be a CEO. you will probably never be a CEO. statistically, you will never be the 1%. don't you think your time, skill and effort should still be worth something you can actually live on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
and liberal policies keep them dependent like children so they'll keep voting dem

most of the people dependent on those liberal handouts are actually children.

republicans: PRO LIFE... right up until you are born. then you and that lazy bitch you call mom, who lays around the house all day making sure you stay alive, can both go get a fucking job or die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pojke View Post
If you really think conservatives/Republicans create law and policy to make sure that most of this country's wealth goes to those who have the best "skills" or work the hardest, you really are an ignorant ass.

__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 07-16-2012, 12:27 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#331  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
so you are saying someone who picks fruit for poverty wages doesn't work as hard as some CEO? Or that they do?

sure better skills gets you better pay but you guys act like poor people are all just poor because they don't work hard enough.

not everyone can be a CEO. you will probably never be a CEO. statistically, you will never be the 1%. don't you think your time, skill and effort should still be worth something you can actually live on?

well dude what's your fucking solution then? Outlaw pay above 1 mil a year? Confiscate all assets above 5 mil? put all 1% to death and redistribute the monies to everyone else? What?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:31 AM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#332  

Jack's raging erection
 
Jack's raging erection's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
well dude what's your fucking solution then? Outlaw pay above 1 mil a year? Confiscate all assets above 5 mil? put all 1% to death and redistribute the monies to everyone else? What?

I'm liking the putting the 1% to death idea for some reason.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Revolution
__________________
My real name is Shaved Dog's Ass.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:51 AM Jack's raging erection is offline  
Reply With Quote
#333  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
well dude what's your fucking solution then? Outlaw pay above 1 mil a year? Confiscate all assets above 5 mil? put all 1% to death and redistribute the monies to everyone else? What?

Where the fuck do you even come up with this? We are talking about going back to the Clinton tax rates on income and maybe back to the Reagan tax rates on capital gains. You know, like we had in place the only time in the last half century when we actually paid all our bills in a given year and were on track to actually pay off our debt...

We used to have 90% tax rates on the top earners in times of war and nobody called that communism. They used to call that fiscal responsibility. Now republicans tell us that a 40% top rate is super AIDS, communism, socialism, and Hitler raping your grandmother all in one.

Now republicans tell us "fiscal responsibility" means Trillion dollar tax cuts for the wealthy, no matter what the cost to the nation, trillion dollar wars on the national credit card, trillions of dollars to bail out the banks...

and then they blame the resulting debt and deficits on all those darn Libtards and their crazy spending on all those programs for the poor that cost literally fractions of percents of our budget like food stamps and welfare and unemployment.

Do you see the disconnect here? Do you see why the people at the bottom of the shit stack are starting to get really pissed off?

Not only do they get fucked, and fucked hard regularly. After they are done getting fucked hard, they are repeatedly told it's their own fucking fault they are getting fucked so hard. Just work harder. Oh and by the way, all you poor people also caused the global financial meltdown while you were getting fucked so hard. Stop being so damn greedy poor people.

Do you see where I'm coming from or is this all fucking greek to you?

/Occupy Genmay!
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 07-16-2012, 01:03 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#334  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcat989 View Post
well dude what's your fucking solution then? Outlaw pay above 1 mil a year? Confiscate all assets above 5 mil? put all 1% to death and redistribute the monies to everyone else? What?

Where to begin....


-Reverse Citizens United

-Stop oil company subsidies

-Stop invading other countries

-Pull the troops out of the ones we've already invaded

-Stop giving tax breaks to oligarchs

-Disallow personal "funds" from acting as tax shelters

-Force companies to abide by the tax code of the region they operate in

-Improve public education

-Invest in infrastructure of our own country

-Anything else that has a positive effect on the majority of American people... Basically take anything modern republicants do or say and reverse it. Easy.



When republicans adopted 1950s conservative ideals as their platform they got away from what the party once stood for. Think back to the days of Lincoln and try to see how today's republicans are a greedy corporate slut shadow of their former selves. They pander to companies which avoid taxes and manufacture overseas while using fear, hate and religion as wedge issues to gather votes. People susceptible to these things lap it all up and defend it without even knowing why.

So much for "by the people, for the people" - Abe would be pretty fucking pissed if he saw all this corporate dick sucking and xenophobia.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 07-16-2012, 03:34 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#335  

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato
 
[H]ard|On's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Economically? Yes, only part seems to understand the simple idea that you are worth as hard as you work. Another seems to say to give money to niggras I see chumpin' for change every day since I was in grade school


There's a reason 97% of African American's vote liberal . Glad to show you guys have support as good as shit like that

Okay so if minorities vote a certain way you have to go the opposite direction. At least you're honest about your silly prejudices.

Ie: All minorities are worthless and unproductive; there is no way they could vote in the interest of the majority. A fairly predictable train of thought from a modern conservative.
__________________
Make Genmay Great Again
Old 07-16-2012, 03:49 AM [H]ard|On is offline  
Reply With Quote
#336  

topcat989
 
topcat989's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Basically take anything modern republicants do or say and reverse it. Easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Okay so if minorities vote a certain way you have to go the opposite direction. At least you're honest about your silly prejudices.


Oh the Iron Knee
Old 07-17-2012, 12:41 AM topcat989 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#337  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
so you are saying someone who picks fruit for poverty wages doesn't work as hard as some CEO? Or that they do?

sure better skills gets you better pay but you guys act like poor people are all just poor because they don't work hard enough.

not everyone can be a CEO. you will probably never be a CEO. statistically, you will never be the 1%. don't you think your time, skill and effort should still be worth something you can actually live on?

Yes, they are working, they should be paid, etc. But they have no skill. No rarity. It's just like anything else in this world which is supply and demand. The supply of people that can do shit work is anyone that isn't retarded. Hence, no demand. You should be paid, yes. Livable? That's completely debatable. What is livable? There's plenty of places such as farms that you can work and live for free.

People today are living like the bare minimum in life is what a middle class person should be making! It's ridiculous! Bare minimum in life doesn't equate to the following:
-Cigarettes daily
-Drinking weekly
-Bar hoping
-Cable/Statellite Television
-Going out to eat
-Candy/soda from machines that are ridiculously overpriced.

The people who work these jobs have no concept of budgeting, hence their situations in the first place. Find me a Walmart that doesn't have half of it's employee's outside on smoking breaks.
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 07-17-2012, 02:25 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#338  

5ive
 
5ive's Avatar
 
oh my word
__________________
Chicho is full of win.
Member #5 of the Romeoz God R.I.P Collective
Old 07-17-2012, 04:11 AM 5ive is offline  
Reply With Quote
#339  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Yes, they are working, they should be paid, etc. But they have no skill. No rarity. It's just like anything else in this world which is supply and demand. The supply of people that can do shit work is anyone that isn't retarded. Hence, no demand. You should be paid, yes. Livable? That's completely debatable. What is livable? There's plenty of places such as farms that you can work and live for free.

If the supply of people to do shit work is so high, how come farmers cant get enough people to pick their crops in states like AL that have enacted crazy immigration laws? Why are they talking about using prisoners as slave labor to make up the worker gap in coming years?

Livable = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_wage

Quote:
a living wage is the minimum hourly income necessary for a worker to meet basic needs (for an extended period of time or for a lifetime). These needs include shelter (housing) and other incidentals such as clothing and nutrition.
In other words a wage you can actually live off of.

Quote:
People today are living like the bare minimum in life is what a middle class person should be making! It's ridiculous! Bare minimum in life doesn't equate to the following:
-Cigarettes daily
-Drinking weekly
-Bar hoping
-Cable/Statellite Television
-Going out to eat
-Candy/soda from machines that are ridiculously overpriced.

The people who work these jobs have no concept of budgeting, hence their situations in the first place. Find me a Walmart that doesn't have half of it's employee's outside on smoking breaks.
So you are saying you can get rich working at walmart if you just quit smoking? And that minimum wage is middle class pay? And you are blaming poor people for being poor because they are too stupid to budget their minimum wage pay?

am I missing anything here?
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 07-17-2012, 05:52 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#340  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
If the supply of people to do shit work is so high, how come farmers cant get enough people to pick their crops in states like AL that have enacted crazy immigration laws? Why are they talking about using prisoners as slave labor to make up the worker gap in coming years?

The supply is high. It's just these people refuse to do those jobs.
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 07-17-2012, 07:55 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#341  

Jack's raging erection
 
Jack's raging erection's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
The supply is high. It's just these people refuse to do those jobs.

And the incentive for such a job is... money, right? So how do we get money back into the agriculture business? Maybe if we went and killed off these massive corporations that keep producing cheap, low quality food. Who, by the way, manage to strong arm Congress and the FDA into regulating the competition out of the picture. So, how long until this monopoly you support starts starving you to death because you can't grow enough of your own food for subsistence living simply because that would cross some threshold that can be construed as production with intent to distribute or sell (which brings the FDA down on you)? You don't really see it happen like that, because they manage to undercut the small farms and shut them down by economic force first. See how fucked you are now? If not, look at the cost of seed (which is a proprietary item now), fertilizer (proprietary), land (banks get involved in the financing for land, so corporate controls there, not to mention direct government controls via property taxes), etc., versus the return on the crop yield that you would intend to sell. The money's not in the crop yield. It's in the finished product, which is how these corporations stomp out the private, small farms. They purposefully set up the economy that way to force you to be subject to the corporations instead of being able to work to support yourself directly. And, corporations being what they are, work damn hard to be able to pay you the least amount possible so they can give these shithead CEO types their bonuses they feel entitled to, even if their leadership causes their business to require government bailouts/subsidies to continue to function. And this is freedom to you? This is the American way? This is how things ought to be? Fuck this shit, I'm not supporting that.
__________________
My real name is Shaved Dog's Ass.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:59 AM Jack's raging erection is offline  
Reply With Quote
#342  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
The supply is high. It's just these people refuse to do those jobs.

According to the farmers, the people can't even do the job properly when they try.

You can't take some mcdonalds cashier and put them in the fields and think they are going to be a good productive worker.

Also, no shit people refuse those jobs... 99% of america couldn't fucking hack those jobs.

And they certainly couldn't afford anything near the level of comfort they are already used to if they did take those jobs. You know, comfort like having a room to yourself in the housing you can afford or being able to feed yourself properly.

/We should not be racing to the bottom of the pay barrel, we are not a third world country. We are a god damned consumer economy. If you have no consumers because no one has any fucking money to spend then you have no economy.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street

Last edited by pyramid; 07-17-2012 at 09:25 AM..
Old 07-17-2012, 09:20 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#343  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's raging erection View Post
And the incentive for such a job is... money, right? So how do we get money back into the agriculture business? Maybe if we went and killed off these massive corporations that keep producing cheap, low quality food. Who, by the way, manage to strong arm Congress and the FDA into regulating the competition out of the picture. So, how long until this monopoly you support starts starving you to death because you can't grow enough of your own food for subsistence living simply because that would cross some threshold that can be construed as production with intent to distribute or sell (which brings the FDA down on you)? You don't really see it happen like that, because they manage to undercut the small farms and shut them down by economic force first. See how fucked you are now? If not, look at the cost of seed (which is a proprietary item now), fertilizer (proprietary), land (banks get involved in the financing for land, so corporate controls there, not to mention direct government controls via property taxes), etc., versus the return on the crop yield that you would intend to sell. The money's not in the crop yield. It's in the finished product, which is how these corporations stomp out the private, small farms. They purposefully set up the economy that way to force you to be subject to the corporations instead of being able to work to support yourself directly. And, corporations being what they are, work damn hard to be able to pay you the least amount possible so they can give these shithead CEO types their bonuses they feel entitled to, even if their leadership causes their business to require government bailouts/subsidies to continue to function. And this is freedom to you? This is the American way? This is how things ought to be? Fuck this shit, I'm not supporting that.

Preaching to the choir
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 07-17-2012, 09:25 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#344  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
According to the farmers, the people can't even do the job properly when they try.

You can't take some mcdonalds cashier and put them in the fields and think they are going to be a good productive worker.

Also, no shit people refuse those jobs... 99% of america couldn't fucking hack those jobs.

And they certainly couldn't afford anything near the level of comfort they are already used to if they did take those jobs. You know, comfort like having a room to yourself in the housing you can afford or being able to feed yourself properly.

/We should not be racing to the bottom of the pay barrel, we are not a third world country. We are a god damned consumer economy. If you have no consumers because no one has any fucking money to spend then you have no economy.

You can take anyone and teach them to do any job. The issue is their desire to learn, and their desire to put up with the rigors of said job (being out in the sun, carrying heavy objects, etc.)
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 07-17-2012, 09:26 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#345  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.