Quick protein cheesecake recipe
Did a little baking today to see if this would actually work reasonably well.
Ended up filing this recipe in the why the hell haven't I been eating this my entire life category. This recipe is completely flexible, and requires few ingredients.
What you will need for one loaf:
60g raw oats
450g lowfat (1-2%) cottage cheese
1 scoop protein powder (I used chocolate)
Optional: Dash of cinnamon
2 scoops protein powder
2 tbsp peanut (or any nut) butter
Order of Operations:
1) Preheat oven to 300F
2) Put 60g of oats into a blender, food processor, or coffee grinder until it has a near flour like consistency.
3) Combine all ingredients that make up the cake, and pour into a loaf pan. I used a few sprays of PAM to coat my glass loaf pan.
4) Bake at 300F for 25 minutes, then turn the heat to 400F and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until done. Keep an eye on it to ensure it doesn't burn, and use the traditional fork or toothpick poking method to ensure it's cooked.
5) Let the cake completely cool
6) Create the icing by combining topping ingredients, using just enough water to thin it out to an icing consistency.
7) Top the cake with icing
For the mathematically impaired, I make 3 servings out of this for a macro breakdown of:
Not the best looking thing, but wonderfully delicious and healthy to boot. I'll be making a few variants of this over the next few weeks and updating the thread appropriately.
|11-09-2010, 10:38 AM||