General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

fieroloki

Career change

I am currently in the IT field as a Layer 1 tech in data centers. While I like what I do, I am growing tired of the large IT jobs. I would like to travel more or even move around from city to city (1-3 years per location) and was wondering what are some decent work from home jobs? Im not talking about online surveys and stuff, but something legit ($15/hr +) that I can do as long as I have a phone and internet access. Anyone do something like this or know someone?

Thanks for your input.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Honestly, not much, unless you get a job that you could telecommute for. Or have skills with which you could use as a consultant, that you could do from home.

Stanch

Medical transcription is very doable at that wage level (not that you'll want to have your output priced by the hour). With your current job, you should at least be unintimidated by jargon and a very quick / accurate typist.

ScHpAnKy
The only place you can get milk in a bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Honestly, not much, unless you get a job that you could telecommute for. Or have skills with which you could use as a consultant, that you could do from home.

Find the right job, there's plenty out there - anything outside of entry-level positions have the ability to telecommute and travel.

Mori

You could look into a Professional Services job. General professional services involves a moderate amount of technical IT Skills, and you'll be installing and configuring Enterprise Software. A lot of companies don't allow VPN access, so you'll be traveling (probably 50%) to corporate head quarters to install enterprise software.

Generally PSE's are salaried, and you would not be working from home.