General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

J Mel

Thank you jaded. I do appreciate that and agree.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded1 View Post
No wonder this forum is dead. Instead of applauding the nice work of an actual enthusiast who takes time to do things right and has pride in his work people are too concerned about brand loyalty. Fact of the matter is this is a beautifully done 27 roadster which the owner has obviously taken pride in.

QFMFT.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Mel View Post
And if your throttle cable breaks, you can drive home using your shoe lace. Ask me how i know.

Why, how do you know??

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

J Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Why, how do you know??

Cause I've done it. Sorry, that was very anti-climatic. Lol.

It's very strange, I will admit that. Was doing a uturn under a bridge and decided to make a bit of noise with the open headers and bridge...popped the gas and "tink"....foot goes to the floor. "SHIT". Luckily I had enough momentum to hop curb and get out of traffic. Took off shoe lace, fed it through slot under window and nursed it home. Was harder than expected. Trying to find right balance of keeping just enough throttle to keep engine running without stalling and not looking like a douchebag by constantly reving engine was a challenge at first.

But, for.all I know, you can do the same with EFI...but I tend to doubt it. I don't know how to work on fuel injection.

u467

Quote:
And if your throttle cable breaks, you can drive home using your shoe lace. Ask me how i know.

Happened to me on a highway a while back
I tried rigging some cheap-o headphones/headset to pull it through my cowl, didn't work
ended up jamming the TB open with a few coins and just slipped the clutch in, drove her home

mekilljoydammit
[H]Cars refugee and rotary whore at large

I always like it when something actually *cool* gets posted on this forum. This qualifies; well done sir.

We thought it must be possible to make an interesting living messing about with racing cars and engines." -Keith Duckworth

Driving: A nice practical sedate car... '03 WRX
Shooting: Canon P, Zorki 6, Nikon D5100, 1911, FAL

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Cause I've done it. Sorry, that was very anti-climatic. Lol.

It's very strange, I will admit that. Was doing a uturn under a bridge and decided to make a bit of noise with the open headers and bridge...popped the gas and "tink"....foot goes to the floor. "SHIT". Luckily I had enough momentum to hop curb and get out of traffic. Took off shoe lace, fed it through slot under window and nursed it home. Was harder than expected. Trying to find right balance of keeping just enough throttle to keep engine running without stalling and not looking like a douchebag by constantly reving engine was a challenge at first.

But, for.all I know, you can do the same with EFI...but I tend to doubt it. I don't know how to work on fuel injection.

Steel wheels and tall tires, you can do that all fucking day long!!

Yeah, you can do it with EFI, unless it's drive-by-wire; then you're fucked.

--John Hobbs