General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
Rear wheel steering is not torque vectoring.

Seems like everyone is missing teh funneh...

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Allow me to point out the obvious:

just because he responded to a troll statement does not make what he said wrong

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by d114 View Post
the skyline had the HICAS system, operating in a similar manner to torque vectoring. How it would work is that during a turn the leaking fluid would spray onto the outside wheel, providing a sense similar to torque vectoring.

but why would anyone in the USA need that? Not like there are any sharp corners over there.

Sounds more like a Ford system

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post

Sounds more like a BMW system:
the BMW has ze Kraut Zement system, operating in a similar manner to torque vectoring. How it would work is that during a turn the Kraut Sperma would spray onto the outside wheel, providing a sense similar to torque vectoring.

just go ahead and say it, already...

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

BigFuzzyArchon

i have the 2012 Ford Focus with this. I have thrown it around a corner and felt the rear slide out. It was incredibly controllable and felt decently safe

There is a steeda rear sway bar that is out for this car that alot of people on the focus forum has said improves the car quite a bit. I am thinking about ordering it.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFuzzyArchon View Post
i have the 2012 Ford Focus with this. I have thrown it around a corner and felt the rear slide out. It was incredibly controllable and felt decently safe

There is a steeda rear sway bar that is out for this car that alot of people on the focus forum has said improves the car quite a bit. I am thinking about ordering it.

just like on civics probably, the rear sway is ultra wimpy and it should make a good bit of difference. It did on my integra when i swapped the type-R LCAs, springs and sways over.

The thing with FWD though is it still won't help you push with your outter rear wheel, since neither rear wheel can push. Plus it's not true torque vectoring anyway it's basically stability control - applying brakes one at a time.

Scatman

Ford's been making a fuss about their torque vectoring system in the Focus ST, due out late this year. Even though the car's uglier than hell, it looks like a fun little pocket rocket.

"I'm gonna be rich and famous one day when I invent
a device that can be used to stab someone in the
face over the Internet."

d114

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post

Sounds more like a Ford system

You must be on crack. The Ford system does quite the opposite. Leaking fluids coat the front wheels resulting in no steering. See, the Ford engineers really took their geographic market to heart. They knew Americans wouldn't notice a leak when they only go straight.

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by d114 View Post
You must be on crack. The Ford system does quite the opposite. Leaking fluids coat the front wheels resulting in no steering. See, the Ford engineers really took their geographic market to heart. They knew Americans wouldn't notice a leak when they only go straight.

--John Hobbs

[H]ard|On