General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post
why work on something that sucks to make it better, when something awesome already exists.

There is no need for this show to exist

Have you ever seen the early seasons of Top Gear UK? They were terrible... if they stopped then, we wouldn't have the lovely bit of entertainment we have now.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopefishLives View Post
Have you ever seen the early seasons of Top Gear UK? They were terrible... if they stopped then, we wouldn't have the lovely bit of entertainment we have now.

exactly

plus US is a hotbed of automotive entertainment just waiting to be opened up

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalinjoe View Post
It's a hell of a lot better than when it first started. Still nowhere near as good as TGUK, but it's actually a pretty good show. I doubt it will ever be as good as UK, they set the bar so fucking high with that.

It just sucks that I don't get BBCA in HD, so I rarely watch it. Every once in a while I'll DL a HD torrent and stream it to my FIOS box.

But TGUS is on history, which is in HD.

Yeah, I have that problem now, too.. uVerse doesn't do BBCA in HD...

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopefishLives View Post
Nope. They are a season behind and often edited for American viewing.

Only the reruns now, the first showings (and some subsequent reruns) are full-length and unedited.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
exactly

plus US is a hotbed of automotive advertising and extortion just waiting to be opened up

fixed

--John Hobbs

Tex Arcana

What I've seen so far, I've liked okay. They are settling in and getting better; but I don't like the overly-complicated track, and the half-assed way they're doing the star/car segment. I'm dead sure that Farced is their Stig, as well; but I think that's a bad idea, since his idea of going fast is only sideways, which fails him every time. They really need a proper "tame racing driver", who will drive the car with all four wheels going forward.

--John Hobbs

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
What I've seen so far, I've liked okay. They are settling in and getting better; but I don't like the overly-complicated track, and the half-assed way they're doing the star/car segment. I'm dead sure that Farced is their Stig, as well; but I think that's a bad idea, since his idea of going fast is only sideways, which fails him every time. They really need a proper "tame racing driver", who will drive the car with all four wheels going forward.

Whadya want an oval?

Legend

This show could have been on NBC with Adam Carolla and a much larger budget if the geniuses there had not passed it up.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend View Post
This show could have been on NBC with Adam Carolla and a much larger budget if the geniuses there had not passed it up.

I say corolla and tanner would work well together... Leno can join for the ultimate win. He'd do luxury and historic cars, tanner sport cars, adam would do trucks, muscle cars and everything else

ritalinjoe

Quote:
I say corolla and tanner would work well together... Leno can join for the ultimate win. He'd do luxury and historic cars, tanner sport cars, adam would do trucks, muscle cars and everything else

From what I've seen, Corolla is quite the new age sports car/ super car fanatic, so that wouldn't really work. No idea on his history with muscle cars.

ritalinjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
Yeah, I have that problem now, too.. uVerse doesn't do BBCA in HD...

Yeah, I had Comcast before and Verizon FIOS (which is fuckin awesome, fiber optic baby!) and neither offer BBCA in HD...

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable

no BBCA in HD on directv either

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalinjoe View Post
From what I've seen, Corolla is quite the new age sports car/ super car fanatic, so that wouldn't really work. No idea on his history with muscle cars.

Hell that's even better they can go head to head with each other - him and tanner. I'm sure Leno is no slouch either. That trio might even top Clarkson, Hammond and May

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by why_ask_why View Post
no BBCA in HD on directv either

Nope

Plus even if there was HD they show our own old shit back to us... I remember watching Star Trek on BBCA and wondering about this

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Whadya want an oval?

Nope, just a track similar to the original TG track, it works far better on tv than the US one.

--John Hobbs