General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

I don't think your pictures are large enough to provide us with sufficient detail of your concern.

That said, here is your missing idler pulley, for reference:

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

Hmm -- very rare the harmonic balancer fails on these, but it definitely sounds as if you have an issue there. I'd find a skilled technician to review the issue and make sure that no crank damage has resulted (very rare).

fury

I decided to go the skilled technician route. If it was just the idler pulley and the belt, I'd have braved it. It's up and running with a new belt, pulley, and harmonic balancer. It sounds happy. The parts were about twice as expensive as I originally figured, but they're higher quality and I have at least a year warranty on both parts and labor. These guys apparently worked on my car before, as they had me in their system already. They made sure I didn't carve out the engine. I had enough to pay for it (after a shuffle with the bank), and that's good enough for me. Thanks all for the help Couldn't have done it without you guys

One of these days I'm going to win the lottery and have this thing overhauled. I love this car enough to keep it for another few years if it will let me.