General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

lol

what does it mean if i have to press all the way down on my brake pedal to make the c

what does it mean if i have to press all the way down on my brake pedal to make the car stay stopped. if i let it up more than like half an inch it creeps forward in small bursts. when i push down, it brakes somewhat normal like gradually and without excessive pressure, but doesn't stay stopped until it's like all the way down. master cylinder? bad seal somewhere? feels like it's not keeping enough pressure or something.

i don't have money to get this repaired. I could afford the parts retail price but not marked up parts plus labor from a repair shop. please tell me it's something i can watch youtube videos and figure out myself.

also reminder to self: check brake fluid, wiper fluid, blinker fluid, and change spark plugs. due for an oil change in less than 1000 miles.

i know there are car people here you must have some idea.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

aoeoae

you have a gremlin

lol

no it's a ford fusion. gremlin is not spaceious enough for my big body

Last edited by lol; 09-01-2017 at 07:49 PM..

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

dust buildup on rotors... wipe away with gasoline and sand paper for a sparkling shine you can see ever tiem

"BOOM! I'M BACK, BABY!! I'M BEAST MODE!!!"
- Tony Romo, definitely
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0L_WSBrws4

Dunkirk101

Could be a number of things..

You may simply need to bleed the brake lines

Could be a Fluid leak somewhere

Could be a busted seal somewhere

Could be the pads are worn

I would start with checking the Brake Fluid resevoir to see if the level is low, then check the calipers to see if they are wet or oily

lol

gonna bring it to a dealership service center sometime if they'll give me a loaner or cheap rental cus i dont want to sit there for 6 hours reading 6 month old copies of motor trend and watching CBS.

brake fluid is full . looks dirty but it's full.

hopefully they can just bleed the brakes and that does it cause thats like idk $150 or 200 or something.

Dunkirk101

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol View Post
gonna bring it to a dealership service center sometime if they'll give me a loaner or cheap rental cus i dont want to sit there for 6 hours reading 6 month old copies of motor trend and watching CBS.

brake fluid is full . looks dirty but it's full.

hopefully they can just bleed the brakes and that does it cause thats like idk $150 or 200 or something.

There are some pretty good Youtube Videos that will show you how to do this yourself. Here's one from a guy that Ive been following for a very long time

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

There are quite a few others out there that are pretty good. You might want to take a look at a few of them and try doing it yourself before spending a lot of cash paying someone else to do it for you