General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

I <3 scout mechs I used to play on Khan my clan would have swarm games 1 person in a 100ton mech vs everyone else in 20 ton mechs

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

vinnie
OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE SUCKING COCK!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furhead View Post
I think the mechs in HG are better looking as well, alot more nimble for sure!
The heaviest 'gear' is about 10 tonne... the lightest mech is 20 tonne. It is not particularly surprising.

Speaking of which though, Heavy Gear used a fair bit of code from Mech 2. If you go through all the config and data files, you can find a few references to 'mechs' and some mechwarrior specific stuff.

Also speaking of which, last night I found my Mechcommander, Mechcommander 2, Mech 2:Mercs, Mech 3, Mech 4, Mech 4:Mercs, Heavy Gear and Heavy Gear 2 disks. Brought back memories.
.......v.

Zombie4Life

Wow, this looks so fun. Finally a game I'm excited about.

:nerd:

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
The heaviest 'gear' is about 10 tonne... the lightest mech is 20 tonne. It is not particularly surprising.

Speaking of which though, Heavy Gear used a fair bit of code from Mech 2. If you go through all the config and data files, you can find a few references to 'mechs' and some mechwarrior specific stuff.

Also speaking of which, last night I found my Mechcommander, Mechcommander 2, Mech 2:Mercs, Mech 3, Mech 4, Mech 4:Mercs, Heavy Gear and Heavy Gear 2 disks. Brought back memories.

I thought MechCommander was a great concept, just poorly executed. It could have been better than C&C/Red Alert
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

Mechcommander 3 needs to be made. so much potential with video cards these days.

vinnie
OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE SUCKING COCK!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen-Yak View Post
Mechcommander 3 needs to be made. so much potential with video cards these days.
Graphics was never really the failing point, it was more the gameplay appealed to about fifteen people, but thirteen of them would not play because the positoning of the cockpit struts on the Raven was non-canonical.

Myself, I liked the whole idea and felt that a more detailed isometric game would be brilliant. All reports indicate that no such beast is going to appear at any point soon though.

At least part of it would be that mech fans seem to be the most obnoxious bunch of uptight fanbois invented. It is not as popular as some other canons, but fuck me dead if those who do follow the canon are not insane. That they are also stuck in the whole 'Mech 3 was the greatest game ever made' mode does not help. I am actually rather surprised that they are making a mech 5... and will be even more surprised if it turns on PC... and you could knock me over with a feather if it feels like a mech sim and not a console game if it does.
.......v.

The Yurk

K they really need to release MW4 I've never played it, I stopped playing at MW3... NEED MECHWARRIOR

Liquid_Table
Waiting for that fateful day of bannage, c'mon Kyle be a man and push the button you big fairy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
Graphics was never really the failing point, it was more the gameplay appealed to about fifteen people, but thirteen of them would not play because the positoning of the cockpit struts on the Raven was non-canonical.

Myself, I liked the whole idea and felt that a more detailed isometric game would be brilliant. All reports indicate that no such beast is going to appear at any point soon though.

At least part of it would be that mech fans seem to be the most obnoxious bunch of uptight fanbois invented. It is not as popular as some other canons, but fuck me dead if those who do follow the canon are not insane. That they are also stuck in the whole 'Mech 3 was the greatest game ever made' mode does not help. I am actually rather surprised that they are making a mech 5... and will be even more surprised if it turns on PC... and you could knock me over with a feather if it feels like a mech sim and not a console game if it does.

A lot of the non-canon angst stems from that fact that a huge amount of MechWarrior fans are also basement dwelling mouth breathers that are even bigger fans of BattleTech. I've played BattleTech miniatures and MechWarrio tabletop RPG. Both are tons of fun and there is a MASSIVE amount of books that go along with the game. This tends to lead to a lot of butthurt feelings when video games, or otherwise go off-canon.

MachinegunHead

Fucking Atlas, that was always my guy. I remember I just took that guy, made him into a max DPS lance and went insane with high powered lasers. I was pretty shit at that game, but I still have fond memories of Atlas .

Is there a site anywhere that has a list with all the chassis and their names (w/ pics)?

SDmason
Jeff Goldblum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid_Table View Post
A lot of the non-canon angst stems from that fact that a huge amount of MechWarrior fans are also basement dwelling mouth breathers that are even bigger fans of BattleTech. I've played BattleTech miniatures and MechWarrio tabletop RPG. Both are tons of fun and there is a MASSIVE amount of books that go along with the game. This tends to lead to a lot of butthurt feelings when video games, or otherwise go off-canon.

with all the tech readouts codecs and handbooks for battletech, plus all the novels, its a rather ridiculous number.. and then if you include mechwarrior and dark age stuff the number swells a little more.

i found a zip of about 50 some of the battletech handbooks in pdf. havent even looked at half and only glanced at the others..

244ae5a619b09685d61720b122f68ff8

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDmason View Post
with all the tech readouts codecs and handbooks for battletech, plus all the novels, its a rather ridiculous number.. and then if you include mechwarrior and dark age stuff the number swells a little more.

i found a zip of about 50 some of the battletech handbooks in pdf. havent even looked at half and only glanced at the others..

pif zip

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
pif zip
2nd.

topcat989

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven01 View Post
Word

I still have my full CH Products HOTAS, I'll finally get some more use out of it.

the ch pro throttle and combat stick are the best pieces of gaming equipment I've ever owned. Bought just for MW2

NeonShoeLace

used to love the madcat but hen i wanted a big loadout i would take the fafnir with 2xAC20s and 2x PPCs plus lil weapons. now that packs a punch

brfatal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalus View Post
2nd.

3rded!