suppose you grasp a thicker straw?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
suppose you grasp a thicker straw?

Suppose you address what's been said. I'll summarize it for you:

-the 10 year ocean temp data is included in the 50 year graph, which shows overall warming
-icecap.us actually believes human induced greenhouse gases have an effect on climate
-the 10 year satellite data measured CO2 from one location; besides:
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Christy, direction of UAH (the source of the graph)
"Obviously some part of the warming we’ve observed in the atmosphere over the past 27 years is due to enhanced greenhouse gases. Simple physics tells you that."
-natural climate change in the past or present does not preclude the possibility that anthropogenic factors can have an effect on climate
-most of the alleged global warming skeptics (from the wiki list and from the Senate report) actually do believe CO2 has an effect - they just disagree about the magnitude and what ought to be done about it
-there is no conspiracy among scientists

Last edited by Fuckyouformakingmeregister; 04-04-2008 at 10:09 AM..

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

ruh roh shaggy..
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7329799.stm

But everyone knows that the BBC is a propaganda tool for the extreme right wing so..

edit- yes, I know the article states that scientists still see warming as a trend...I just think that politics (and Al Gore's growing bank account) should have nothing to do with science.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
Suppose you address what's been said. I'll summarize it for you:

-the 10 year ocean temp data is included in the 50 year graph, which shows overall warming
-icecap.us actually believes human induced greenhouse gases have an effect on climate
-the 10 year satellite data measured CO2 from one location; besides:

-natural climate change in the past or present does not preclude the possibility that anthropogenic factors can have an effect on climate
-most of the alleged global warming skeptics (from the wiki list and from the Senate report) actually do believe CO2 has an effect - they just disagree about the magnitude and what ought to be done about it
-there is no conspiracy among scientists

I will summarize it for you

Atmosphere is cooler than it was 50 years ago(NASA)
CHECK

Ocean is cooler than it was 5 years ago(check the thread)

MATE

Last edited by TheMorlock; 04-04-2008 at 11:23 AM..

wall candy eating retard

Quote:

CHECK

Even if that were true (you'll have to do better than just say "NASA", link the article/graph), it doesn't negate anything I've said.

Quote:

MATE
Granting that the ocean is cooler than it was 5 years does NOTHING for your point. I've been over this already: a short term drop does not negate the possibility of a long term trend upward.

Are you now trying to argue (again) that the earth isn't warming? Because you've explicitly said in other posts IN THIS VERY THREAD, that it is.

Also, I think it's worth quoting you again to point out something interesting:

Quote:

CHECK

MATE

50 years is good for atmosphere but you only need 5 years to make conclusions about the ocean? Are you afraid of my 50 year ocean graph or something?

Welcome to Fail City, Population: You

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

weak

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of Fail City
weak

A good characterization of your arguments so far.

Jason

Well, since besides energy the earth is a closed system, where is all this alleged carbon coming from? Why is it that if we do indeed have a consistent level of carbon, why is it a problem if it is joined with oxygen? Is the energy released from the bond between carbon and oxygen so completely detrimental to the earth?

Badger_sly

Quote:
Your logic has ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_sly
Likewise, my logic remains proven, so we'll read your failed analogy and lack of follow up as you giving up on that point.

Quote:
For the last fucking time. The existence of natural effects that cause climate change does not actually disprove that CO2 can have an effect.
And you failed to prove CO2 has an effect on temps. That, is your job to prove. I have proven it does not. Instead you posted some about dissimiliarities in our natural climate.

Quote:
Just like how the fact that lighting can ..

Given you don't know how to create analogies and apply them to a topic, quit trying.

Quote:
Feel free to explain how. But you're gonna have lots of trouble, cause they didn't fail.
They did fail. See above, you .

Quote:
Glad you admit you don't understand the meaning of words..
Quote:
Says the simpleton riding the junk science bangwagon.

Badger_sly

Quote:
You realize you just admitted that there is warming in the same sentence you deny it.
Natural climate change warms the planet, and cools the planet, and warms the planet, and cools....as we've proven.

Quote:
Anyway, in the past 50 years the ocean has warmed. That's a fact not superseded by the data showing that oceans have cooled in the past 10 years
You had old data, you . My data proving the oceans are cooling = 04/31/2008.
Quote:
The oceans have stopped warming!

By Dennis T. Avery
March 31, 2008
I just love proving you wrong again and again.

Quote:
I suggest you try thinking at any point in your day.
It doesn't take too much to prove you wrong. So heed my previous advice kiddo.

Quote:
I'm not wrong. Read the last part of the sentence where they say the CO2 measurements are from one location.
Quote:
And you're still wrong. It's global. Very first paragraph, and can't be missed. Given you have nothing new to argue, we done with this.

Quote:
Me admitting that natural effects can affect climate does nothing for your argument.
Sure it does. It shows that I'm slowly teaching you facts.

Quote:
And the main category reads: Note the emphasis.
Quote:
We're done with this point also, until you bring something new.

Quote:
Also, even if they did all doubt human influence, 38 is not especially significant.
Since the 400 include ..
400 + 38 is significant in showing there is no consensus.

Quote:
It's also funny that you think you think a Senate report actually means they support the scientists. It's a fucking report, not a grant. The US government has a position and I'll give you a hint, it's not yours.
Support or position isn't a factor. My proof is that 400 scientists said to the Senate that they dispute man-made global warming. Oh and still:
Quote:
As I've proven, there is no "consensus". If you don't provide something new on this point, we'll assume you've given up on this also.

Quote:
Glad you now admit I answered him.
I admit the obvious, that you tried to answer Morlock but you were wrong. So you have to try again or admit you can't answer him.

Badger_sly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
So what happens when they prove that CO2 leads to a drop in temperature because it induces plant growth?
There will be a lot of duped simpletons feeling sorry their bandwagon crashed.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_sly, aka Deputy Mayor of Fail City
The same inaccurate garbage I posted before but with 200% more ignoring rebuttals

Good job there chief.

Badger_sly

Quote:
Good job there chief.
Since it's obvious you are unable to produce any new arguments within this thread, and given that you have failed to prove global warming / global cooling is anything other than natural climate change, I'm glad you have finally given up.

Hopefully, though, you've learned a bit of reality (in comparison to Gore's bandwagon fad).

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Well, since besides energy the earth is a closed system, where is all this alleged carbon coming from? Why is it that if we do indeed have a consistent level of carbon, why is it a problem if it is joined with oxygen? Is the energy released from the bond between carbon and oxygen so completely detrimental to the earth?

The net amount of carbon is the same, but we're changing it's form in significant ways. CO2 is not chemically equivalent to hydrocarbon solids/liquids. It plays a significant role in atmospheric chemistry, and we don't entirely understand that system just yet.

We do know, contrary to any idiocy people in this thread might be saying, that CO2 is a greenhouse gas. It absorbs solar radiation and emits it into the atmosphere. It has a high oscillator strength and is infrared active. It's a greenhouse gas. This does not mean that there's any direct correlation between CO2 and increased temperatures, since it's a mulitvariate system. Increased CO2 levels can be causing decreases in other warming factors, or increases in some cooling factors. We really don't know, and we don't know how far any of these systems can be artificially forced before bad stuff goes down.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger_sly, Deputy Mayor of Fail City View Post
Since it's obvious you are unable to produce any new arguments within this thread, and given that you have failed to prove global warming / global cooling is anything other than natural climate change, I'm glad you have finally given up.

What's obvious is that you're unable to grasp basic logic and are continuing to spew out drivel that's already been addressed.

Quote:
Hopefully, though, you've learned a bit of reality (in comparison to Gore's bandwagon fad).
Hopefully you'll realize when to cut your losses and stop making yourself look like more of an idiot.

EDIT: And did it really take you that long to come up with such a lame rebuttal?

Last edited by Fuckyouformakingmeregister; 04-09-2008 at 11:17 AM..