General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Poor dimwit. Atmosphere warms up. IR freq goes up. Atmosphere expands. . CO2 no longer has same effect as when temp is cooler and atmosphere is denser.

You do know what negative feedback is dont you?Self Dampening effect?

CO2 increase has an Inherent limit to any effect it has due to negative feedback. . Which Millions of years with All kinds of changes due to global fires meteor impacts super volcanoes etc etc. CO2 always lags temp increase.

Sorry about kicking the shit out of your Global Warming of the Gaps religion.

Last edited by TheMorlock; 04-09-2009 at 05:17 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Poor dimwit. Atmosphere warms up. IR freq goes up. Atmosphere expands. . CO2 no longer has same effect as when temp is cooler and atmosphere is denser.

So because the atmosphere expands in higher temperatures, CO2 can't affect temperatures? What are you on right now?

Oh right..alcohol.

Quote:
You do know what negative feedback is dont you?Self Dampening effect?
Yes, I do know what a negative feedback is. Thanks for asking.

Quote:
CO2 increase has an Inherent limit to any effect it has due to negative feedback. . Which Millions of years with All kinds of changes due to global fires meteor impacts super volcanoes etc etc.
Prove it. No, really. Prove it.

Present evidence that atmospheric CO2 can and does down regulate itself (or its effects). Don't say "gg tard, do your own research", post the one article you feel explains it best and we'll go from there.

Quote:
CO2 always lags temp increase.

Sorry about kicking the shit out of your Global Warming of the Gaps religion.
You realize you can't determine lag by just looking at graph, right?

Anyway, even if we adhered to your blisteringly bad logic about what comes first and what that means in general, CO2 and temperature do actually track each other pretty well.

Can you wipe the funk out of your eyes enough to see how wrong you are? "Always". LOL.

Last edited by Fuckyouformakingmeregister; 04-09-2009 at 06:39 PM..

wall candy eating retard

On the topic of this mythical and infaillable self-regulation of CO2, why is it that current CO2 levels are higher than they've been in hundreds of thousands of years? I thought CO2 regulated itself?

TheMorlock

Yes we have seen the chart where CO2 FOLLOWS temp change.

Whoda thunkit?

Who said CO2 regulates itself?

No wonder you seem such an imbecile. You cant even read correctly.

Last edited by TheMorlock; 04-09-2009 at 07:47 PM..

Gibonius

GW theory offered an explanation for the lag between temperatures and CO2 concentration twenty years ago, this isn't exactly novel ground. Oceanic CO2 levels are responsible for most of the effect, the ocean stores a huge amount of CO2, but less and less as temperatures increase. The Earth goes through various heating cycles, and as the Earth heats up, CO2 gets released from the ocean and exacerbates the heating. The more CO2 in the oceans, the greater the heating.

Nobody believes that CO2 is directly causing the warming trend, simply that it is increasing its severity, and that man-made CO2 is increasing THAT. Nearly all the attacks by the "skeptics" are things that have been addressed for decades within the scientific community.

TheMorlock

They come up with lots of explanations. They explained that the entire atmosphere would heat up simultaneously.

Ooops Took a skeptic to point out that they had to be wrong. Took awhile before what the skeptic said was shown to be true. That you would see an increase near ground level while the rest of the atmosphere cooled.

They keep getting it wrong. Been 30+ years and no matter how they much of their data is made up, they still cant do anything more than say Well WAIT 5 years thats when the REal heating will happen.

The only condition shown where CO2 would have any significant impact in temperature forcing is when the earth is frozen solid.

There was evidence that the earth's surface had frozen completely once. But scientists could not figure out any method for a thaw since the albedo would not allow sufficient energy to be retained. Slow outgassing of CO2 could initiate enough heat retention that there would be a thaw after millenia.

I promised in an earlier posting in one of these threads that I would hand out some nice clues.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Yes we have seen the chart where CO2 FOLLOWS temp change.

Whoda thunkit?

Who said CO2 regulates itself?

No wonder you seem such an imbecile. You cant even read correctly.

When you said:

Quote:
CO2 increase has an Inherent limit to any effect it has due to negative feedback
And when negative feedback means

Quote:
when the action of a system leads to a reduction in that action
You said CO2 regulated itself.

Since you seem to be refusing to take that stance anymore, we'll consider the matter closed. CO2 does not regulate itself with a negative feedback mechanism.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
They come up with lots of explanations. They explained that the entire atmosphere would heat up simultaneously.

Ooops Took a skeptic to point out that they had to be wrong. Took awhile before what the skeptic said was shown to be true. That you would see an increase near ground level while the rest of the atmosphere cooled.

When legitimate criticisms are brought up, scientists revise their hypotheses. That's just how it works. The fact that they were wrong before (about a minute aspect of the issue) does not mean they are wrong now.

Quote:
They keep getting it wrong. Been 30+ years and no matter how they much of their data is made up, they still cant do anything more than say Well WAIT 5 years thats when the REal heating will happen.
O RLY?!?

Quote:
The only condition shown where CO2 would have any significant impact in temperature forcing is when the earth is frozen solid.

There was evidence that the earth's surface had frozen completely once. But scientists could not figure out any method for a thaw since the albedo would not allow sufficient energy to be retained. Slow outgassing of CO2 could initiate enough heat retention that there would be a thaw after millenia.

I promised in an earlier posting in one of these threads that I would hand out some nice clues.
LOL. "Hand out some nice clues." More like make up complete and pass it off as some fact only you know about. Why don't post the article you got that idea from. Or better, if you conducted the research yourself, post the raw data!

Sometimes you make this too easy.

Gibonius

This is a pretty nice story (albeit rather long) about the scientific history of carbon dioxide as a greenhouse gas, starting in the 1800s and working up to the modern day. It's from the American Institute of Physics. It's an interesting perspective on how scientific debate happens, and how a theory can develop over the decades (centuries, even). Worth a read if you want a better insight than the idiot level skeptic websites or the raving fanboi supporters like Al Gore.

TheMorlock

Minute aspect?

The globe as a whole is cooling with some minor heating near ground level part of which is due to less atmospheric dust and part due to faked data is a Minute aspect?

keep paddling dog boy

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Minute aspect?

The globe as a whole is cooling with some minor heating near ground level part of which is due to less atmospheric dust and part due to faked data is a Minute aspect?

keep paddling dog boy

Show us the data that illustrates this mythical 30 year net cooling.

wall candy eating retard

To preempt an evitable post by TheMorlock saying something like

Quote:
Here's MORE proof you're all full of shit. gg tards, the holes in the dam keep getting larger
TheRegister has just "reported" on a study by a NASA scientist regarding aerosols and Arctic warming. Their article suggests that the study basically proves that aerosols are responsible for global warming, but as the actual NASA report says, it was just a modeling study (and we all know how much TheMorlock and crew like models, though they'll probably change their tune now, out of convenience) that suggests that aerosols might partly explain (45%) why the Arctic has warmed FASTER than other areas.

Ironically, though TheRegister paints it as a blow to global warming, the findings of the study help vindicate past climate models which have drawn critcism for their inability to explain why the Arctic has warmed so much faster than predicted.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Minute aspect?

keep paddling dog boy

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Another article reminding us to be careful about buying into the alarmism 100%..

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/beware...0412-a3ya.html

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

TheMorlock

from the link

Quote:
"To reduce modern climate change to one variable, CO2, or a small proportion of one variable - human-induced CO2 - is not science. To try to predict the future based on just one variable (CO2) in extraordinarily complex natural systems is folly. Yet when astronomers have the temerity to show that climate is driven by solar activities rather than CO2 emissions, they are dismissed as dinosaurs undertaking the methods of old-fashioned science."

Quote:
The setting up by the UN of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change in 1988 gave an opportunity to make global warming the main theme of environmental groups. "The IPCC process is related to environmental activism, politics and opportunism. It is unrelated to science. Current zeal around human-induced climate change is comparable to the certainty professed by Creationists or religious fundamentalists."
Hmmm where have I heard the above before. Oh from ME