General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Leviatan

No... If you want sex, you go to a club. If you want a real relationship, you don't just choose someone that's attractive. Relationships aren't based around appearance, they're based around personality. You don't know anything about somebody just by looking at them.

It's unlikely that I would hook up with anyone that was just in a shop or something - even if they made the move.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

FM 2347
I am offended by the world isajeep.

Yeah, but I wouldn't be in a relationship with someone I thought was unattractive. So looks do count to me alot, then I'll see about the personality. Dont dawg the looks, we guys know that looks are very important. Every guy wants the best looking girl, but they don't always get it.

Mogwai

Ok... it's simple. Just be friendly. The one and only thing that I do to meet people is be friendly. Walk up and say hi. That one, simple, two letter word is all it takes to start a conversation. Small talk is your friend. Bitch about the weather if it sucks, or talk about how great it is if it is great. Work QUICKLY to find something the two of you share in common, and focus on only that at first. Your goal is to get the idea into her head that the two of you would "fit together well." Then, find out more about HER. Ask her what she does on the weekends, feign interest if it's something boring, or if she says something like "oh, laundry and stuff" in a pitiful sounding tone, sympathize by saying something like "yeah, I heard that" or "I wish laundry would just take care of itself sometimes." Don't make her feel boring by going on about your "glam" lifestyle.

When she asks about you, play it down a little. Leave a little mystery. For example, when a girl asks what I do for a living, I say "I work with computers." I then change the subject. She then becomes curious, and I try to evade as much as possible without actually saying out loud that I don't want to talk about it. Statements like "It's not a big deal" or "It pays the bills" leave her wondering... even if your job is cleaning the shit out of a gas station toilet, you can figure out a way to put some mystery to it. Girls love a challenge, and not knowing for sure what you do for a living will draw them towards you and make them *want* to know more about *you*, which is a step in the right direction.

Actually getting the sex out of it can be easy and it can be hard. Hold your cards close at first. If the subject comes up, don't get excited, she'll be able to see it. Brush it off as if it doesn't matter all that much. She'll then be challenged (again) and become more interested. A great experience I had was with a girl that I met waiting in line for movie tickets. I took her out to dinner and then a few weeks after that, we went camping. Now, she and I had fooled around a little, but hadn't slept together. When we got to where we were camping, I made a point to let her know that we weren't going to have sex... I didn't say "I don't want to rush you." I simply left condoms where she'd find them and said "Oh, I'm sure we won't need those, but I went ahead and threw them in just in case." I basically told her she couldn't have it, and that made her want it.

To turn it into a relationship, you have to vary some of the strategies a little bit. Play the honesty card fairly quickly in the game if she's a girl you want to keep around for a while. Make sure you play that card well, you'll want her to see the fact that you're being honest with her. Let her in on a secret, or admit to a mistake. Don't do this on the first date, but by the third or fourth date (if you get that far ), let her in on something. Make her feel like you trust her, because that's the first step to getting her to trust you.

I've picked up a number of girls just in passing, and I've also struck out at least an equal number of times. You MUST be able to accept the fact that some girls aren't going to respond well no matter what pickup line or technique you use, and you WILL be struck down at least once or twice, probably before you score the first time. Just keep this mantra in your mind: "The worst thing she can say is no, and then I've not lost anything, because if I didn't talk to her in the first place, I'd be in the same position"

Good luck with it.

I hate shellfish!

"Now pick something you have always wanted to do...and do it."
-unknown

"got more room to fill my party boat with dick loving females. :D " - FM 2347

Last edited by Mogwai; 01-24-2003 at 12:56 AM..

FM 2347
I am offended by the world isajeep.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mogwai
Ok... it's simple. Just be friendly. The one and only thing that I do to meet people is be friendly. Walk up and say hi. That one, simple, two letter word is all it takes to start a conversation. Small talk is your friend. Bitch about the weather if it sucks, or talk about how great it is if it is great. Work QUICKLY to find something the two of you share in common, and focus on only that at first. Your goal is to get the idea into her head that the two of you would "fit together well." Then, find out more about HER. Ask her what she does on the weekends, feign interest if it's something boring, or if she says something like "oh, laundry and stuff" in a pitiful sounding tone, sympathize by saying something like "yeah, I heard that" or "I wish laundry would just take care of itself sometimes." Don't make her feel boring by going on about your "glam" lifestyle.

When she asks about you, play it down a little. Leave a little mystery. For example, when a girl asks what I do for a living, I say "I work with computers." I then change the subject. She then becomes curious, and I try to evade as much as possible without actually saying out loud that I don't want to talk about it. Statements like "It's not a big deal" or "It pays the bills" leave her wondering... even if your job is cleaning the shit out of a gas station toilet, you can figure out a way to put some mystery to it. Girls love a challenge, and not knowing for sure what you do for a living will draw them towards you and make them *want* to know more about *you*, which is a step in the right direction.

Actually getting the sex out of it can be easy and it can be hard. Hold your cards close at first. If the subject comes up, don't get excited, she'll be able to see it. Brush it off as if it doesn't matter all that much. She'll then be challenged (again) and become more interested. A great experience I had was with a girl that I met waiting in line for movie tickets. I took her out to dinner and then a few weeks after that, we went camping. Now, she and I had fooled around a little, but hadn't slept together. When we got to where we were camping, I made a point to let her know that we weren't going to have sex... I didn't say "I don't want to rush you." I simply left condoms where she'd find them and said "Oh, I'm sure we won't need those, but I went ahead and threw them in just in case." I basically told her she couldn't have it, and that made her want it.

To turn it into a relationship, you have to vary some of the strategies a little bit. Play the honesty card fairly quickly in the game if she's a girl you want to keep around for a while. Make sure you play that card well, you'll want her to see the fact that you're being honest with her. Let her in on a secret, or admit to a mistake. Don't do this on the first date, but by the third or fourth date (if you get that far ), let her in on something. Make her feel like you trust her, because that's the first step to getting her to trust you.

I've picked up a number of girls just in passing, and I've also struck out at least an equal number of times. You MUST be able to accept the fact that some girls aren't going to respond well no matter what pickup line or technique you use, and you WILL be struck down at least once or twice, probably before you score the first time. Just keep this mantra in your mind: "The worst thing she can say is no, and then I've not lost anything, because if I didn't talk to her in the first place, I'd be in the same position"

Good luck with it.
That was perfect, well written, and I actually saved that on my hard drive. That was the answer I was looking for..........thank you very much.

MrEdd

It wasn't random but I once ran into a girl I had known 5 years earlier. We had flirted in highschool some and I told her that she owed me for the teasing. She agreed.
==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-==-
sandpaper and semen

Mogwai

Hmm... Between this one and the post about jerkin' it, I think I do my best writing at 3 in the morning!

I hate shellfish!

"Now pick something you have always wanted to do...and do it."
-unknown

"got more room to fill my party boat with dick loving females. :D " - FM 2347

DigitalChaos

actually this is how i met my current gf.
aparently she was with her friend and saw me pass by a few times and liked what she saw... i was in the food area and just finished eating. she walks up to me with her friend, she asks me where i got my pants (yes it was obvious, but it was cute and let me know she was interested).. so i told her... then promptly introduced myself (showing i was interested).. she then asked if she could give me her phone number and i obviously had no problem =) we talked for another 20 min and now we have been together for 7 weeks, definately looking like alot longer.

basically, just do ANYTHING to initiate some type of talk so you can get the girls attention, then introduce yourself (making things a little more personal), and when the time is right (maybe even right after the intro) give her (or ask her if you can give her) your contact info.