General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

johfiner

if you value the friendship, don't express your feelings to her right now. even if you were to start dating her, something would fuck up at some point and it would be too hard to maintain a normal friendship. look elsewhere.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Captain Casual

Humm, sucks man. Hope it gets better. Damn that was long

edit:

Let us know what happens at the "party"

Last edited by Captain Casual; 01-24-2003 at 11:08 AM..

Mogwai

To add to the same flow of comments... I had a situation where I was the emotional support for a girl, but I wasn't getting anything out of it. Don't waste your time unless all you want from her is friendship. Sure, it's a noble thing to be willing to help someone else out, but if you have the urge to have ANYTHING more than friendship out of it, then don't waste your time. There is one last-ditch effort that you can put in, but before you do this, you have to accept the fact that you're situation is probably not going to improve by it. You can sit her down and be honest with her. Just say "Look, I care about you, and I want to see you happy, but I'm not interested in being just your friend. I want the possibility of something more, because what we're doing now is not fair to me." and walk away. If she has even a remote interest in you being anything other than "such a good friend," then she'll let you know... but like I said, before you try this one, accept the fact that it will MOST likely backfire on you, and you will be at square fucking zero. I really do mean it when I say that it's a last-ditch effort.

I hate shellfish!

"Now pick something you have always wanted to do...and do it."
-unknown

"got more room to fill my party boat with dick loving females. :D " - FM 2347

Keynote

Quote:
Originally posted by Mogwai
To add to the same flow of comments... I had a situation where I was the emotional support for a girl, but I wasn't getting anything out of it. Don't waste your time unless all you want from her is friendship. Sure, it's a noble thing to be willing to help someone else out, but if you have the urge to have ANYTHING more than friendship out of it, then don't waste your time. There is one last-ditch effort that you can put in, but before you do this, you have to accept the fact that you're situation is probably not going to improve by it. You can sit her down and be honest with her. Just say "Look, I care about you, and I want to see you happy, but I'm not interested in being just your friend. I want the possibility of something more, because what we're doing now is not fair to me." and walk away. If she has even a remote interest in you being anything other than "such a good friend," then she'll let you know... but like I said, before you try this one, accept the fact that it will MOST likely backfire on you, and you will be at square fucking zero. I really do mean it when I say that it's a last-ditch effort.

I would rather stay friends then have her treat me like mike