General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

FallenSaint

You need to get out quick. It's going to suck and you're going to feel bad for her, but you have to keep moving and jsut move on. Don't go back to her, and don't lead her on, just end it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

theNoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf(e) View Post
I'm not sure how i feel about this. I suppose it depends on what youd consider a "serious" relationship. Can you elaborate?

Serious relationship = exclusive/committed relationship.

My advice is to never get serious unless you mean to marry that person, or said person is of such an upstanding value and amazing among all their counterparts that you could see yourself marrying them. People need to stop settling on partners, it just invites mediocrity and degrades ones life in so many ways. How do you know if you would marry them w/o being in a relationship? Well the answer is simple.. you date first and that simple process should unveil enough character traits that you will KNOW that person is golden. You don't marry mediocre, you don't marry doubt, you marry the goddamn prom queen.

Date girls, get serious (relationships) with marriage material and cross your fingers. Always do your best to live a kick ass life, you get one shot.

edit. To clarify, in my 31 years I've had 2 'real' girlfriends/relationships. First was when I was 18-20... what a piece or work this bitch was. She burned a hole in my innocence and opened my eyes. Following her I rocked it single for 9 years, slayed women, but always was willing to throw all of it away the day I met a girl worth doing it for. I met a few, dated.. but it never took off, because afterall it takes 2 to tango. At 29 I met a gem, a goddamn diamond in the rough. She was everything I wanted and all those years of dealing with sub par women, my failures with the greats... molded me, prepared me.

I married her.

I didn't need 10 failed relationships to know marriage material when I saw it. I needed 2. 1 mistake, a decade of bachelor hood, and exploration so when #2 showed up ... oh I knew. And this is why I tell other guys to just be a single motherfucker until the day something better comes along. Leave the mediocre girls to the mediocre guys.

Don't be mediocre.

Last edited by theNoid; 10-18-2010 at 01:22 AM..

FallenSaint

Noid, you might be my hero...

alehark

You can't stay in a relationship because you think the person will be worse off if you try to break it off. In the end, that'll come out, and it would be better to have ended it honestly than hid your true feelings for all that time.

If you don't like her, and you're just worried she'll go suicidal, break up and then get a friend to keep an eye on her. It'll be better in the long run.

WILLIAM NOT
theLiberator
"I hate my hair in these anigifs, I'm glad I'm shooting myself in the head in at least one of them f

You've had your hand on the stove for a while now. It's about time you realize that you're going to get burned.

Major: Physics, Minor: Chemistry, Life: Non-existant

Trachei

Quote:
Originally Posted by theNoid View Post
Serious relationship = exclusive/committed relationship.

My advice is to never get serious unless you mean to marry that person, or said person is of such an upstanding value and amazing among all their counterparts that you could see yourself marrying them. People need to stop settling on partners, it just invites mediocrity and degrades ones life in so many ways. How do you know if you would marry them w/o being in a relationship? Well the answer is simple.. you date first and that simple process should unveil enough character traits that you will KNOW that person is golden. You don't marry mediocre, you don't marry doubt, you marry the goddamn prom queen.

Date girls, get serious (relationships) with marriage material and cross your fingers. Always do your best to live a kick ass life, you get one shot.

edit. To clarify, in my 31 years I've had 2 'real' girlfriends/relationships. First was when I was 18-20... what a piece or work this bitch was. She burned a hole in my innocence and opened my eyes. Following her I rocked it single for 9 years, slayed women, but always was willing to throw all of it away the day I met a girl worth doing it for. I met a few, dated.. but it never took off, because afterall it takes 2 to tango. At 29 I met a gem, a goddamn diamond in the rough. She was everything I wanted and all those years of dealing with sub par women, my failures with the greats... molded me, prepared me.

I married her.

I didn't need 10 failed relationships to know marriage material when I saw it. I needed 2. 1 mistake, a decade of bachelor hood, and exploration so when #2 showed up ... oh I knew. And this is why I tell other guys to just be a single motherfucker until the day something better comes along. Leave the mediocre girls to the mediocre guys.

Don't be mediocre.

Amen.

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenSaint View Post
Noid, you might be my hero...

QFT

snoozer

T

Get out now. You can't help her or the way she is.