General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax

Contacting a girl via 3rd party friend of a friend nonsense

My friend is going out with this girl and three weeks ago her cousin tagged along with them.
She asked my friend if he knows a good guy for her cousin so he recommended me lol.
He told her a bit about me and she seemed like she wanted to meet me but nothing ended up happening. On Saturday morning he gave his girl my number to give to her cousin.
So almost a week passed and forgot about it when he told me today the cousin got her phone stolen sometime during the week.
Anyway, what I'm trying to ask here is if should just take the initiative and call her
(if she even has a phone at this point) or just wait for her to call me if she ever does.
Would calling her come off as desperate or what, I'm pretty sure my friend's girl would give him the number to give to me though. Fuck

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Forever Domon

hmm tough one. It all depends if this girls cousin knows you know about the whole situation.

If she doesnt, she's going to have no idea who you are, and it will be all creepy-stalkerish.

Foolioq

Quote:
Originally Posted by domonbaylespam View Post
If she doesnt, she's going to have no idea who you are, and it will be all creepy-stalkerish.

so he loses a friend he never had in the first place, whats the harm?

RazorWind

Personally, I don't think it comes off as too desperate if you just call her and say "Hey, I heard [buddy's girl] wanted to set us up on a date a couple of weeks ago. I thought it sounded like fun; [your buddy] spoke highly of you. Wanna go [do whatever it is you do on dates] Friday night?" This obviously assumes she has a phone, though.

Alternately, you can just ask your buddy to get his girl to set you up, which saves you having to actually call the cousin, and look like a stalker. Maybe float the idea of a double date if you get the impression she might be hesitant.

Cannondale

Nothing ventured, nothing gained?

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
Personally, I don't think it comes off as too desperate if you just call her and say "Hey, I heard [buddy's girl] wanted to set us up on a date a couple of weeks ago. I thought it sounded like fun; [your buddy] spoke highly of you. Wanna go [do whatever it is you do on dates] Friday night?" This obviously assumes she has a phone, though.

Alternately, you can just ask your buddy to get his girl to set you up, which saves you having to actually call the cousin, and look like a stalker. Maybe float the idea of a double date if you get the impression she might be hesitant.

Yeah we were gonna try something like that but we have conflicting schedules.
Think its gonna be on a hold my buddy got hit by a car today says hes ok but he has headaches so i told his ass to get CAT scanned ASAP he told me hit his head.
I'll just wait around some more now.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

I preffer to contact women directly. On their ass with an open palm.

More seriously, i don't see a problem with calling her. Either she'll say yes, or you will find out sooner that she isn't really into it. Waiting and playing games is just a good way to put off the inevitable.

Exceptions being when you're expecting a fallout with her soon to be exBF or some other emotional state such as valentines coming up. ie, extenuating circumstances.

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax

Well supposedly this girl has been calling me but my friend said he might have gave her the wrong number because no ones been calling me LOL. LOL.

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
I preffer to contact women directly. On their ass with an open palm.

More seriously, i don't see a problem with calling her. Either she'll say yes, or you will find out sooner that she isn't really into it. Waiting and playing games is just a good way to put off the inevitable.

yEAH i don't wanna play these games of phone tag and other such nonsense, we'll see.