General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
cokezeroholic
 
cokezeroholic's Avatar
 
We live in an amazing time, this 21st century thinking will hopefully catch on!

Oh, and
__________________
There are doorways I haven't opened, and windows I've yet to look through. Going forward may not be the answer ... maybe I should go back.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:48 PM cokezeroholic is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

maeson
 
and why arent you going if youre so worried about it?
Old 09-30-2010, 04:48 AM maeson is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday
 
CommiePunk's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maeson View Post
and why arent you going if youre so worried about it?

this is what i was wondering
Old 09-30-2010, 05:07 AM CommiePunk is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

WILLIAM NOT
theLiberator
"I hate my hair in these anigifs, I'm glad I'm shooting myself in the head in at least one of them f
 
WILLIAM NOT's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maeson View Post
and why arent you going if youre so worried about it?
RTFT.

Also, zomg communication works.
__________________
Heinrich the Korean-American Spelling Nazi of the Grammar Nazi Association
R.O.A.D.H.E.A.D. 12/07/05

Major: Physics, Minor: Chemistry, Life: Non-existant
Old 09-30-2010, 05:30 AM WILLIAM NOT is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

Gibonius
 
Has she met these people before? Just from a practical perspective, most girls aren't going to be comfortable going camping with guys they haven't met in person, for fairly obvious reasons.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:08 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

Trachei
 
Trachei's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Has she met these people before? Just from a practical perspective, most girls aren't going to be comfortable going camping with guys they haven't met in person, for fairly obvious reasons.

Unless one of those guys is a baller, looks good, has confidence, and she's looking for one night of fun.

Update us on if she stays the night.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:17 PM Trachei is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

Bobfucius
 
This is people she met on a car forum and not in person. This situation seems pretty sketchy. The whole camping thing. I would have done the same thing you did and talk it over.

Not trying to judge and I know she told you about this event in the past, but is there the slight possibility that she'd be lying about this and be doing something completely different.
__________________
General Rule: Always take it down.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:30 PM Bobfucius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

Trachei
 
Trachei's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfucius View Post
This is people she met on a car forum and not in person. This situation seems pretty sketchy. The whole camping thing. I would have done the same thing you did and talk it over.

Not trying to judge and I know she told you about this event in the past, but is there the slight possibility that she'd be lying about this and be doing something completely different.

I think the fact that he has to tell her he is insecure makes this all the more real.

She has mad player skills IMHO. If I thought for a second that a girl I cared about would leave me if I went on a sketch trip, and I really liked her, I wouldn't go.

If I didn't care that she would leave me, I would go and do my own thing. She probably still wouldn't leave me because that's so alpha.

OP, she's the alpha, you are the beta.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:07 PM Trachei is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Other people are not possessions trachei. God, you're a dick.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:14 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

Trachei
 
Trachei's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by domonbaylespam View Post
Other people are not possessions trachei. God, you're a dick.

I'm not a dick. I just do my own thing. I have a girl flying out to meet me on her own dime to fuck. Does that make a dick? No. I treat her with respect and kindness. We have a mutual understanding that we are far away and we do our own thing.

The OP and her didn't have a mutual understanding. She's making plans to go camping with a bunch of dudes from the internet. Does that make any sense at all? No-one here would be cool with that.

Look. The OP asked a question, and I answered it from a perspective from someone who doesn't care about losing a girl. Not everyone has co-dependency issues. I don't feel like I'll die if I lose a girl. It's definitely not healthy IMHO.

If she respected him AT ALL, she would see how crazy it is for a girl to go camping with a bunch of guys from the internet, WHO ACT JUST LIKE ME AND WANT TO FUCK HER IN THE ASS.

Get it now?

edit: This entire argument rests upon them having a relationship. If they are a couple, then she needs to respect him, and vice versa. She respects him by not getting into odd situations where she's camping with a bunch of dudes from the internet, being alone, alcohol present, and having her boyfriend sitting at home wondering if she's getting pounded in a sleeping bag.

I'll be damned if I get put in a situation like that. And frankly, I would hope that a girl would have enough sense to tell me the same thing.

Once respect is lost in a relationship, I don't see it lasting very long.

Last edited by Trachei; 09-30-2010 at 02:35 PM..
Old 09-30-2010, 02:23 PM Trachei is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachei View Post
Look. The OP asked a question, and I answered it from a perspective from someone who doesn't care about losing a girl. Not everyone has co-dependency issues. I don't feel like I'll die if I lose a girl. It's definitely not healthy IMHO.

Caring if your relationship ends, or not, doesn't mean you have "co-dependency issues."
Old 09-30-2010, 02:30 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

Trachei
 
Trachei's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Caring if your relationship ends, or not, doesn't mean you have "co-dependency issues."

To the point where you allow your woman to go camping with guys from the internet whom she's never met before?

You can't be serious.

/edit: I don't think it's co-dependency issues. More like dependency, since I don't think she is dependent on him from what has been posted here.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:39 PM Trachei is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachei View Post
To the point where you allow your woman to go camping with guys from the internet whom she's never met before?

You can't be serious.

/edit: I don't think it's co-dependency issues. More like dependency, since I don't think she is dependent on him from what has been posted here.

They're talking about the issue. He raised his concern, she's considering it. That's healthy, and reflective of some level of strength in their relationship.

No doubt it's a little fucked up that she'd be going off to meet a bunch of internet dudes, but your "zomg alpha as fuck!!!11111oneoneonee" advise isn't really helping anything here. He's not just laying back and taking it, if she ends up deciding to go, then we'll have something else to talk about. Saying he's "dependent" on the relationship just because he's not willing to throw it away over something that hasn't even happened yet is just stupid.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:07 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

GeNoChRiSt
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachei View Post
I'm not a dick. I just do my own thing. I have a girl flying out to meet me on her own dime to fuck. Does that make a dick? No. I treat her with respect and kindness. We have a mutual understanding that we are far away and we do our own thing.

The OP and her didn't have a mutual understanding. She's making plans to go camping with a bunch of dudes from the internet. Does that make any sense at all? No-one here would be cool with that.

Look. The OP asked a question, and I answered it from a perspective from someone who doesn't care about losing a girl. Not everyone has co-dependency issues. I don't feel like I'll die if I lose a girl. It's definitely not healthy IMHO.

If she respected him AT ALL, she would see how crazy it is for a girl to go camping with a bunch of guys from the internet, WHO ACT JUST LIKE ME AND WANT TO FUCK HER IN THE ASS.

Get it now?

edit: This entire argument rests upon them having a relationship. If they are a couple, then she needs to respect him, and vice versa. She respects him by not getting into odd situations where she's camping with a bunch of dudes from the internet, being alone, alcohol present, and having her boyfriend sitting at home wondering if she's getting pounded in a sleeping bag.

I'll be damned if I get put in a situation like that. And frankly, I would hope that a girl would have enough sense to tell me the same thing.

Once respect is lost in a relationship, I don't see it lasting very long.

This right here boys, this man speaks the truth.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:07 PM GeNoChRiSt is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

Dongboy
I am Kruzens Brother
 
Dongboy's Avatar
 
i'm with trachei on this one too

it doesn't pass the basic smell test. She knows how they act on the forums and at meet-ups - she knows its going to get worse in the woods with booze and cold.

I don't know a normal girl that would actively go on a camping trip knowing NO ONE before hand.

i'm an exceptionally passive guy when it comes to trusting girls I date but i'd have an issue with this and don't feel that it's out of line to second guess motives in a situation as presented.
__________________
bitch faced lobster OMGOMGOMGOMG - g0rg0n describing me
My '80 VW diesel buildup thread - http://genmay.com/showthread.php?t=645277
Old 09-30-2010, 03:11 PM Dongboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.