General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Trachei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
A huge fraction of "dressing nicely" is fit. Get in decent shape, and wear clothes that fit. You can rock a tshirt and jeans (I got hit on all the time wearing that), but it has to fit and emphasis your assets. I'm not talking nut-hugger jeans, but don't look sloppy. Make sure your shit is clean too, lots of college guys slack like crazy on that.

Style is a hard thing, it takes awhile to figure out what you like, what you're comfortable with, and what actually works for you. Don't buy a ton of stuff all at once, get a few things and work them into your rotation. Don't buy stuff because you can wear it with a certain pair of pants or whatever, buy something because it's a good piece of clothing and it'll give you a useful wardrobe piece. "Standing out" is even harder, because you have to either have impeccable fit and coordination or wear weird/loud shit to jump out.

I have to disagree with the "take a girl shopping" advise. Most girls don't know shit about men's clothing, and take their cues from what's "fashionable" right then, not what looks good. Look around, see what guys you think are rocking their look and take pieces of that and work it for yourself. Experiment. You might look stupid one day and then kill it the next with fairly subtle details.

Yep, once /fit/ it's much easier to have style since clothes fit a shit ton better

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]