General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Shorik

Quote:
Originally posted by bah
But why did they release a patch? That one just baffles me. They released it like a month ago too... WHY?

And I don't "buy" (no pun intended), that explanation for the low price. The people who won't pay $40 for a game are the same people who won't pay $20 for a game.

maybe after it went gold they found a minor bug and thought to just release the patch right away instead of putting it off for after release.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

G-Daddy
I love my mother. No, I REALLY love her. In the butt.

Quote:
Originally posted by bah
And I don't "buy" (no pun intended), that explanation for the low price. The people who won't pay $40 for a game are the same people who won't pay $20 for a game.
take microeconomics.

and for the patch. Would you rather have a company release a patch or not?
If it fixes the game, the sooner the better. even if it's before the game is shipper. it's like some game manuals have addendums to them in txt files on the CD.
1ccff0ae11de8623189c9693877fcddf

bah

Quote:
Originally posted by G-Daddy
take microeconomics.
...no... YOU take microeconomics. Seriously, I don't believe the strategy is to thwart piracy. For starters, it's the only new game I can see that Sierra is selling at this price. Secondly, the game was originally intended to have a higher price, but was changed during development. I'm guessing the price has more to do with the size of the game, or lack thereof.

Quote:
and for the patch. Would you rather have a company release a patch or not?
If it fixes the game, the sooner the better. even if it's before the game is shipper. it's like some game manuals have addendums to them in txt files on the CD.
Well obviously I'd rather a company release a patch than not. But they released the patch a VERY long time before they shipped (hell, they still haven't shipped) the game. I don't know when they went gold, but for as long as it's been, they should have integrated the patch... I'm not really attributing this fact to whether I think the game will be good or not, I just find it REALLY odd.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and the game is great. I loved LOTR II.

G-Daddy
I love my mother. No, I REALLY love her. In the butt.

you're almost as bad as Stiler.
1ccff0ae11de8623189c9693877fcddf

bah

Quote:
Originally posted by G-Daddy
you're almost as bad as Stiler.

Shorik

Quote:
Originally posted by bah

Well obviously I'd rather a company release a patch than not. But they released the patch a VERY long time before they shipped (hell, they still haven't shipped) the game. I don't know when they went gold, but for as long as it's been, they should have integrated the patch... I'm not really attributing this fact to whether I think the game will be good or not, I just find it REALLY odd.

Again, I hope I'm wrong and the game is great. I loved LOTR II.

ok you are dumb. The game went gold and they released a patch shortly thereafter. Once a game goes gold they cant change any aspect of the game, they CAN however release a patch to fix something that they found. It doesnt matter if a game goes gold 1 year before they ship it, they would still have to release a patch or else that is lost money for the producers.

bah

Quote:
Originally posted by Shorik
ok you are dumb. The game went gold and they released a patch shortly thereafter. Once a game goes gold they cant change any aspect of the game, they CAN however release a patch to fix something that they found. It doesnt matter if a game goes gold 1 year before they ship it, they would still have to release a patch or else that is lost money for the producers.

Quote:
Originally posted by bah
I don't know when they went gold
Ok, I just figured it wouldn't take a game company a friggin month between going gold and actually being in the stores (assuming it's on time)