General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomerain
my point precisely. am i missing something or are you confounded?
You said:

the japanese formats their writing in a similar mannar. top to bottom, right to left, back to front. but thanks to westernization and the proliferation of english as a world language, influences of its linearity have crept into the romaji form

as if romaji weren't "originally" left to right.

Anyway Arabic is impossible to write backwards [think cursive] since the letters connect, and change form when they do. Not that I'm backing this theory, because I'm not about to watch a guy get his head sawed off.
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 05-14-2004, 02:56 AM möbiustrip is offline  
#826  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

steal
you pick up dog turds? suckers!
 
steal's Avatar
 
link to video is dead

anybody got a working link?
Old 05-14-2004, 03:07 AM steal is offline  
#827  

welcomerain
 
welcomerain's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip
You said:

the japanese formats their writing in a similar mannar. top to bottom, right to left, back to front. but thanks to westernization and the proliferation of english as a world language, influences of its linearity have crept into the romaji form

as if romaji weren't "originally" left to right.

Anyway Arabic is impossible to write backwards [think cursive] since the letters connect, and change form when they do. Not that I'm backing this theory, because I'm not about to watch a guy get his head sawed off.

okay. pardon my inarticulation, i see how it could be misunderstood. i should have stated, "influences of english have forced some japanese text to substitute kanji with romaji." either the terrorist was reading it in romaji-like form, or it was in traditional japanese-like script.
__________________
0725a573965e

Last edited by welcomerain; 05-14-2004 at 03:14 AM..
Old 05-14-2004, 03:09 AM welcomerain is offline  
#828  

welcomerain
 
welcomerain's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steal
link to video is dead

anybody got a working link?

go to ogrish or consumption junction or any tasteles e&n site.
__________________
0725a573965e
Old 05-14-2004, 03:16 AM welcomerain is offline  
#829  

djahmar
 
Quite fascinating
Old 05-14-2004, 03:17 AM djahmar is offline  
#830  

möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomerain
okay. pardon my inarticulation, i see how it could be misunderstood. i should have stated, "influences of english have forced some japanese text to substitute kanji with romaji." either the terrorist was reading it in romaji-like form, or it was in traditional japanese-like script.
Of course there's transliterated Arabic but it makes no sense for a native speaker to write in clumsy English letters. Left-to-right Arabic isn't possible, so either he's not really reading left-to-right, or his speech is written in another language.

Again, I wouldn't know, because I have a thing about severed heads.
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 05-14-2004, 03:27 AM möbiustrip is offline  
#831  

Ecwfrk
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike27
I really don't know why I am still entertaining your flames, but here goes, dipshit.

I don't know why I'm still debunking your inane theories. But here goes dipshit.

>>A. This will not be erased by the impending new abuse photos (which, FYI, are now being blocked from being released by a lawyer). It gives the republicans a "but look what they did" event to point their finger at.

If you'd bothered to read my first post, I debunked your reply before you typed it up. "They" who killed the guy are terrorists. "They" that we abused are Iraqi detainees who have not been convicted of any wrong doing. The Republicans can point at several thousand corpses from 9/11, or thousands of maimed and hundreds killed in Iraq if they want to point at terrorists and say "Look what they did". A simple beheading doesn't come close to comparing and doesn't effect the prisioner abuse scandal at all.

>>B. This is basically a re-iteration of your first point. It is a temporary fix, yes, but history is full of the government pulling stunts like this when the pressure starts mounting.

Name one confirmed (not a theory, not a you think maybe it could be. Confirmed. Admitted. Or widely accepted by people who aren't fucking nuts as truth) example of US intrests staging the murder of a US citizen and publicising it as being done by someone else for their supposed benefit.

>>C. Berg was fluent in Arabic, and had he heard them openly saying 'we are now going to kill this man because our demands were not met', he would at least attempted to put up a fight

Where was it said he was fluent in Arabic?
Secondly, drugs can very easily take care of any possiblity of resistance. Hell, enough of the right drugs could have someone singing a happy song as they are being beheaded. Which, if it was planned and carried out by mercenaries who would be able to prepare for the event, would have been readily available for that specific purpose. There'd be absolutly no reason to kill someone twice when once would do it.

>>That would have ruined their video would it not? They seemed to be pretty sure that "this" would be THE take, considering they had two cameras rolling (as has been asserted by your side of the argument, anyhow).

Sawing off a dead guys head would ruin the video. Cutting the head off a dead guy is pretty damn obvious. If he was already dead, all the blood in his body would drain downward very quickly, especially when the corpse is propped up in a seated position such as in the video. There would be very little blood from the wound and it would completly ruin the symbolic value of holding up a dripping severed head.

And you still cling to that idiotic gold ring theory which I already debunked. You say it's on his pinky, yet the ring can not be seen at all in the video, only a "flash" which only occurs while the knife is in his hand. Why would the flash be a ring and not an ornate piece of the on the butt of the knife? Which, when held as it is in the video would extend *gasp* just past the pinky of the man wielding it. The video is also of horrible quality and highly compressed. The "gold" flash could easily be white or silver or pink or blue and the video compression color shifted it to a more golden hue due to the beige of the walls or the orange of the jumpsuit.

>>notice how all the mods like me?

Another of your theories torn to shreads. I don't like you.


*Formatted with >> just to piss mike27 off
Old 05-14-2004, 03:27 AM Ecwfrk is offline  
#832  

cokezeroholic
 
cokezeroholic's Avatar
 
Interesting
__________________
There are doorways I haven't opened, and windows I've yet to look through. Going forward may not be the answer ... maybe I should go back.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:27 AM cokezeroholic is offline  
#833  

möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
Quote:
The Republicans can point at several thousand corpses from 9/11, or thousands of maimed and hundreds killed in Iraq if they want to point at terrorists and say "Look what they did". A simple beheading doesn't come close to comparing and doesn't effect the prisioner abuse scandal at all.
No offense but based on the reaction here alone, you're clearly mistaken.

Quote:
Name one confirmed (not a theory, not a you think maybe it could be. Confirmed. Admitted. Or widely accepted by people who aren't fucking nuts as truth) example of US intrests staging the murder of a US citizen and publicising it as being done by someone else for their supposed benefit.
There was the smashing of babies in incubators by Saddam in 91.

Quote:
Sawing off a dead guys head would ruin the video. Cutting the head off a dead guy is pretty damn obvious. If he was already dead, all the blood in his body would drain downward very quickly, especially when the corpse is propped up in a seated position such as in the video. There would be very little blood from the wound and it would completly ruin the symbolic value of holding up a dripping severed head.
Makes sense. There's a lot of blood in the head, though, any link qualifying "all" and "very quickly"?
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 05-14-2004, 03:35 AM möbiustrip is offline  
#834  

Ecwfrk
 
Quote:
No offense but based on the reaction here alone, you're clearly mistaken
So there's huge worldwide memorials due to this beheading? Worldwide outpourings of support for the guy's family? Every world leader clamoring to get air time to condem it and help avenge it?
This doesn't come close to provoking the outrage 9/11 did.

Quote:
There was the smashing of babies in incubators by Saddam in 91.


Quote:
Makes sense. There's a lot of blood in the head, though, any link qualifying "all" and "very quickly"?
Take a forensic biology course. Or google it. Proof it's a fact isn't needed to show that the risk of it is enough to make killing twice unattractive.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:45 AM Ecwfrk is offline  
#835  

möbiustrip
 
möbiustrip's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecwfrk
So there's huge worldwide memorials due to this beheading? Worldwide outpourings of support for the guy's family? Every world leader clamoring to get air time to condem it and help avenge it?
This doesn't come close to provoking the outrage 9/11 did.
Careful there buddy, you said it didn't affect the prisoner abuse scandal.

Quote:
google it.

Quote:
Take a forensic biology course. Or google it. Proof it's a fact isn't needed to show that the risk of it is enough to make killing twice unattractive.
I tried googling "post mortem blood." I'm just observing it's an excellent point if you can substantiate it.
__________________
I personally believe that there has to be a law that limits the power of the supreme court. -- R@$T@M@N
Old 05-14-2004, 03:52 AM möbiustrip is offline  
#836  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
whats unusual about terrists having air jordans?

theyre westernizing just like every other culture in the world
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 05-14-2004, 03:54 AM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
#837  

welcomerain
 
welcomerain's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by G[h]EttOrAiD
whats unusual about terrists having air jordans?

theyre westernizing just like every other culture in the world

try convincing mike.
__________________
0725a573965e
Old 05-14-2004, 03:56 AM welcomerain is offline  
#838  

Ecwfrk
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip
Careful there buddy, you said it didn't affect the prisoner abuse scandal.

It doesn't. Not one person has said "OMG! Terrorists cut the guys head off! Let's abuse the prisoners. It's justified now!" Turn on CNN, they are still running stories about the abuse at the top of every hour. It didn't diffuse that situation at all.

Quote:
google it.
I meant what does what Saddam did have to do with the question I posed. "Name one confirmed ... example of US intrests staging the murder of a US citizen and publicising it as being done by someone else for their supposed benefit." If Bush Sr. had killed the babies while wearing a Saddam costume, then it would be relevant. But let's not put those kinds of ideas in people's head k?
Old 05-14-2004, 04:10 AM Ecwfrk is offline  
#839  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomerain
try convincing mike.

ok

im spelling it out on top of his mass grave in urine
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 05-14-2004, 04:13 AM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
#840  

Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:43 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.