General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Closed Thread

möbiustrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomerain
my point precisely. am i missing something or are you confounded?
You said:

the japanese formats their writing in a similar mannar. top to bottom, right to left, back to front. but thanks to westernization and the proliferation of english as a world language, influences of its linearity have crept into the romaji form

as if romaji weren't "originally" left to right.

Anyway Arabic is impossible to write backwards [think cursive] since the letters connect, and change form when they do. Not that I'm backing this theory, because I'm not about to watch a guy get his head sawed off.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

steal
you pick up dog turds? suckers!

link to video is dead

anybody got a working link?

welcomerain

Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip
You said:

the japanese formats their writing in a similar mannar. top to bottom, right to left, back to front. but thanks to westernization and the proliferation of english as a world language, influences of its linearity have crept into the romaji form

as if romaji weren't "originally" left to right.

Anyway Arabic is impossible to write backwards [think cursive] since the letters connect, and change form when they do. Not that I'm backing this theory, because I'm not about to watch a guy get his head sawed off.

okay. pardon my inarticulation, i see how it could be misunderstood. i should have stated, "influences of english have forced some japanese text to substitute kanji with romaji." either the terrorist was reading it in romaji-like form, or it was in traditional japanese-like script.

Last edited by welcomerain; 05-14-2004 at 03:14 AM..

welcomerain

Quote:
Originally Posted by steal
link to video is dead

anybody got a working link?

go to ogrish or consumption junction or any tasteles e&n site.

djahmar

Quite fascinating

möbiustrip

Quote:
okay. pardon my inarticulation, i see how it could be misunderstood. i should have stated, "influences of english have forced some japanese text to substitute kanji with romaji." either the terrorist was reading it in romaji-like form, or it was in traditional japanese-like script.
Of course there's transliterated Arabic but it makes no sense for a native speaker to write in clumsy English letters. Left-to-right Arabic isn't possible, so either he's not really reading left-to-right, or his speech is written in another language.

Again, I wouldn't know, because I have a thing about severed heads.

Ecwfrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike27
I really don't know why I am still entertaining your flames, but here goes, dipshit.

I don't know why I'm still debunking your inane theories. But here goes dipshit.

>>A. This will not be erased by the impending new abuse photos (which, FYI, are now being blocked from being released by a lawyer). It gives the republicans a "but look what they did" event to point their finger at.

If you'd bothered to read my first post, I debunked your reply before you typed it up. "They" who killed the guy are terrorists. "They" that we abused are Iraqi detainees who have not been convicted of any wrong doing. The Republicans can point at several thousand corpses from 9/11, or thousands of maimed and hundreds killed in Iraq if they want to point at terrorists and say "Look what they did". A simple beheading doesn't come close to comparing and doesn't effect the prisioner abuse scandal at all.

>>B. This is basically a re-iteration of your first point. It is a temporary fix, yes, but history is full of the government pulling stunts like this when the pressure starts mounting.

Name one confirmed (not a theory, not a you think maybe it could be. Confirmed. Admitted. Or widely accepted by people who aren't fucking nuts as truth) example of US intrests staging the murder of a US citizen and publicising it as being done by someone else for their supposed benefit.

>>C. Berg was fluent in Arabic, and had he heard them openly saying 'we are now going to kill this man because our demands were not met', he would at least attempted to put up a fight

Where was it said he was fluent in Arabic?
Secondly, drugs can very easily take care of any possiblity of resistance. Hell, enough of the right drugs could have someone singing a happy song as they are being beheaded. Which, if it was planned and carried out by mercenaries who would be able to prepare for the event, would have been readily available for that specific purpose. There'd be absolutly no reason to kill someone twice when once would do it.

>>That would have ruined their video would it not? They seemed to be pretty sure that "this" would be THE take, considering they had two cameras rolling (as has been asserted by your side of the argument, anyhow).

Sawing off a dead guys head would ruin the video. Cutting the head off a dead guy is pretty damn obvious. If he was already dead, all the blood in his body would drain downward very quickly, especially when the corpse is propped up in a seated position such as in the video. There would be very little blood from the wound and it would completly ruin the symbolic value of holding up a dripping severed head.

And you still cling to that idiotic gold ring theory which I already debunked. You say it's on his pinky, yet the ring can not be seen at all in the video, only a "flash" which only occurs while the knife is in his hand. Why would the flash be a ring and not an ornate piece of the on the butt of the knife? Which, when held as it is in the video would extend *gasp* just past the pinky of the man wielding it. The video is also of horrible quality and highly compressed. The "gold" flash could easily be white or silver or pink or blue and the video compression color shifted it to a more golden hue due to the beige of the walls or the orange of the jumpsuit.

>>notice how all the mods like me?

Another of your theories torn to shreads. I don't like you.

*Formatted with >> just to piss mike27 off

cokezeroholic

Interesting

möbiustrip

Quote:
The Republicans can point at several thousand corpses from 9/11, or thousands of maimed and hundreds killed in Iraq if they want to point at terrorists and say "Look what they did". A simple beheading doesn't come close to comparing and doesn't effect the prisioner abuse scandal at all.
No offense but based on the reaction here alone, you're clearly mistaken.

Quote:
Name one confirmed (not a theory, not a you think maybe it could be. Confirmed. Admitted. Or widely accepted by people who aren't fucking nuts as truth) example of US intrests staging the murder of a US citizen and publicising it as being done by someone else for their supposed benefit.
There was the smashing of babies in incubators by Saddam in 91.

Quote:
Sawing off a dead guys head would ruin the video. Cutting the head off a dead guy is pretty damn obvious. If he was already dead, all the blood in his body would drain downward very quickly, especially when the corpse is propped up in a seated position such as in the video. There would be very little blood from the wound and it would completly ruin the symbolic value of holding up a dripping severed head.
Makes sense. There's a lot of blood in the head, though, any link qualifying "all" and "very quickly"?

Ecwfrk

Quote:
No offense but based on the reaction here alone, you're clearly mistaken
So there's huge worldwide memorials due to this beheading? Worldwide outpourings of support for the guy's family? Every world leader clamoring to get air time to condem it and help avenge it?
This doesn't come close to provoking the outrage 9/11 did.

Quote:
There was the smashing of babies in incubators by Saddam in 91.

Quote:
Makes sense. There's a lot of blood in the head, though, any link qualifying "all" and "very quickly"?
Take a forensic biology course. Or google it. Proof it's a fact isn't needed to show that the risk of it is enough to make killing twice unattractive.

möbiustrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecwfrk
So there's huge worldwide memorials due to this beheading? Worldwide outpourings of support for the guy's family? Every world leader clamoring to get air time to condem it and help avenge it?
This doesn't come close to provoking the outrage 9/11 did.
Careful there buddy, you said it didn't affect the prisoner abuse scandal.

Quote:
google it.

Quote:
Take a forensic biology course. Or google it. Proof it's a fact isn't needed to show that the risk of it is enough to make killing twice unattractive.
I tried googling "post mortem blood." I'm just observing it's an excellent point if you can substantiate it.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

whats unusual about terrists having air jordans?

theyre westernizing just like every other culture in the world

welcomerain

Quote:
Originally Posted by G[h]EttOrAiD
whats unusual about terrists having air jordans?

theyre westernizing just like every other culture in the world

try convincing mike.

Ecwfrk

Quote:
Originally Posted by möbiustrip
Careful there buddy, you said it didn't affect the prisoner abuse scandal.

It doesn't. Not one person has said "OMG! Terrorists cut the guys head off! Let's abuse the prisoners. It's justified now!" Turn on CNN, they are still running stories about the abuse at the top of every hour. It didn't diffuse that situation at all.

Quote:
google it.
I meant what does what Saddam did have to do with the question I posed. "Name one confirmed ... example of US intrests staging the murder of a US citizen and publicising it as being done by someone else for their supposed benefit." If Bush Sr. had killed the babies while wearing a Saddam costume, then it would be relevant. But let's not put those kinds of ideas in people's head k?

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
try convincing mike.

ok

im spelling it out on top of his mass grave in urine

Closed Thread