General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Lardmaster

So I am looking to get a Rokh somehow. Anyone know any good friends willing to make one for mats
Keekles, Id love to try and mine my way up to one.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Wicaeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenosaq View Post
Just started playing a few days ago. Got 1 mil SP and almost got my first cruiser. Any channel you guys hang out in? What corp would you recommend? So far I'm just doing NPC PvE type missions and salvaging..

Oh noobies are so adoreable :3

xenosaq

lol any tips wica? ;p

Wicaeed

Don't bother mining

Lardmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicaeed View Post
Don't bother mining

Thats all I used to do. I played for the beta and a while after that. I got Mining 4, Refining 4, quite a few specific ore refining skills, and level 4 Minmatar Indies. I also had Caldari Frig 4, so I mined enough in my Probe to build a MOA, and then used it to mine mats for my Corp's first battleship. I also have Calderi Bship 4, So I want to get that 8 turret point beast for massive mining. Of course my knowledge of prooty much everything is outdated, but it is still fun.

ZQ

Oh, snap! Re-activated my account, hanging out in da durty souf! Lower Debyl in da house!

Malakai

I want to come back soon, I had just recently maxed a bunch of skills so I could use t2 turrets/launchers on my caldari HACs and battleships.

OmegaAquinas

Just made a bit of HDY history...18 months after restarting from scratch, we just manufactured our first carrier!

Yes, something thats being done by a lot of people these days, but when I say started from scratch, I mean it...and everything has been self-funded and mined.

and in other news, I tested my blaster rokh against a drake ubertank. Totally shut down the drake and after 2-3 minutes ate away the shields. Reasonably pleased with the setup; needs more tweaking to add tank to it. Brutal damage dealer though.

haribohore

Nothing beats a Megathron with 7x Neutron Blasters and 3x Mag Field Stabs. Sometimes I think Im spoiled by the damage.

OmegaAquinas

Yeah, a blasterthron out DPS's my rokh, but I can throw antimatter 20km out with a decent chance of hitting (little over 7k optimal+12k falloff), so that helps.

Spetsdod

What's the story with the dev scandal? Anything done / being done about it? I've played through two weeks of trial account two separate times, and just can't get behind the thought of playing a game where exploits are encouraged or allowed.

While I'm sure my opinion isn't widely popular, Eve is so very close to being a great game and yet so very far away.

eidolon

I'm now part of a member corp in the Knights of the Southern Cross. Can't wait to blast some BOB fools!

OmegaAquinas

Dev scandel is more or less a wound in the game that has scabbed over. People still pick at it now and again, and its still fresh so people have little trust for CCP, but most have moved on with a wary eye.

CCP has, to their credit, made some changes that have helped make the game somewhat more enjoyable for the playerbase--including a critically needed nerf to titans and motherships. Static plexes--long the subject for isk farming and exploiting--have been removed in favor of hidden spawned plexes (same plex, but now you have to search for it). The game has suffered lately not from exploit scandels, but from client-server communications issues--severe lag and desync errors: people see their ship in warp, or at a planet or at one location, where the server has them 200km (or 200AU) away, under fire, etc. These incidents, obviously, are usually fairly lethal for the pilot.

the latest patch was proported to fix these issues, or alleviate them somewhat...verdict is not quite in yet.

Edit: Oh, and so far since the rev 2 patch bob has gone from steamrolling to getting curbstomped. Mothership, titan lost. Assaults onto goon/ra space stopped cold and repelled....they're in the process of losing another station system in Omist proper.

Last edited by OmegaAquinas; 07-25-2007 at 12:53 AM..

eidolon

My personal kill for the night:

2007.07.27 08:25

Victim: Lochib Martin
Alliance: R i s e
Corp: Sturmgrenadier Inc
Destroyed: Capsule
System: DZ6-I5
Security: 0.0

Gang I was in took down a caracal, hurricane, and arazu that were snooping our space, and they're hunting some more but I'm about to sleep. I snagged some fine ass lewt too.

Munky73770

Not a whole lot going on here in Queerious, my alliance (Against all Authorities) has invaded FIX space. We aren't there to take their space, thats IAC's job, we are just there to grief the living shit out of the fixians.

We took out a baby Nyx, and rendered one of their stations completely useless (station services are all down). They tried to rep it for a few days but we just kept taking out the services over and over.

Fix called up MC and supposedly 0utbreak and AXE (lol) are coming.....

Its going to be fun though, finally somebody that wants to fight us. FIX has basically given up with us and lets us run around freely in the northern part of querious with no problems.

Oh and Larsson (if you even post here anymore) I bubbled your ass in 49- the other day when you lost your abaddon
I was surprised I didnt get popped considering I was only going 2.5 k a sec and had to mwd up to your ass over 150km lol.