General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Kenshin
 
BoB are shitbags. They can all go fuck themselves.

Their leaders are the biggest, most honorless asshats in the game.
Almost everything they have they've lied, stolen, and backstabbed their way to.

Now, in a way, that's fucking awesome and pretty solid. But... well, it's a game, and they take it too far. They are more interested in ruining the game for other people (or trying to, at least) than "playing."

Of course, part of that is that so much of the Eve community are post-modern pseudo-intellectual fuckwads, who are ready to swallow everything BoB says, get backstabbed, and then are ready to get fucked in the ass 6 months later.
__________________
Kenshin - Intarweb Ninja
I'm a DG, bitches
Old 08-16-2006, 06:38 PM Kenshin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#256  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Night0wl
 
Night0wl's Avatar
 
So, reading this thread has urged me to reopen my primary account.. I had one still active from eve^2 that will be closing soon.

Any one want to hang out and blow shit up? I've got a prophecy with some pew-pew lasers on it. I'm still pretty small fry, but it's fun.
__________________
Computational madness in a round package.
Member of the [M] Photography Club.
http://www.gimpybastard.net
Old 08-16-2006, 06:46 PM Night0wl is offline  
Reply With Quote
#257  

-espionage-
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin
BoB are shitbags. They can all go fuck themselves.

Their leaders are the biggest, most honorless asshats in the game.
Almost everything they have they've lied, stolen, and backstabbed their way to.

Now, in a way, that's fucking awesome and pretty solid. But... well, it's a game, and they take it too far. They are more interested in ruining the game for other people (or trying to, at least) than "playing."

Of course, part of that is that so much of the Eve community are post-modern pseudo-intellectual fuckwads, who are ready to swallow everything BoB says, get backstabbed, and then are ready to get fucked in the ass 6 months later.

hey theyre not assholes, i mean, they only used a dead mans name that they claim to care so much about as a justification to to launch an e-peen waving contest against goons
__________________
How many Jeeps would an Isajeep Jeep if an Isajeep could Jeep Jeeps?
Old 08-16-2006, 06:50 PM -espionage- is offline  
Reply With Quote
#258  

G-Daddy
I love my mother. No, I REALLY love her. In the butt.
 
what ARE the goons doing?
__________________
Whiny Douche for mod.
Digital Mocking's a cuntflap
4138660d2dbe60f185882a92b829b0fd
1ccff0ae11de8623189c9693877fcddf
Old 08-16-2006, 07:36 PM G-Daddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#259  

hash browns
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Daddy
what ARE the goons doing?
mining veldspar in jita !
Old 08-16-2006, 08:40 PM hash browns is offline  
Reply With Quote
#260  

Incubus
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by -espionage-
hey theyre not assholes, i mean, they only used a dead mans name that they claim to care so much about as a justification to to launch an e-peen waving contest against goons

What I find rather humorous is that goonfleet keeps having this holier than thou attitude, like they've been wronged by bob and are being unjustly punished. If I had a deceased friend who you insulted, I would damn well kick your ass too.

So while bob's goal of essentially runing or driving someone out of the game is debatable at best, it's hardly like goonfleet is innocent in all of this.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:47 PM Incubus is offline  
Reply With Quote
#261  

Incubus
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by -espionage-
too bad we mine one of the best minerals in the game

and to be honest, we dont even need it. most goons are very good at playing their cards right and making the cash flow with little work at all

one of the funnier things i saw a few monthes ago was a specialized veld mining crystal for sale on escrow with the description "VELD MINING CRYSTAL FOR WHEN D2 SENDS US BACK TO JITA!"

and on that note, its funny how BoB's objective has gone from
1) DESTROY GOONS
2) MAKE GOONS LEAVE 0.0
3) MAKE GOONS LIVES MISERABLE!

for some reason i think BoB and their allies are the only ones having a miserable time in this war, while we get all the fun and laughs

That's all well and good that you guys have money, but what good is it when you can't use it? You even said tonight in the genmay channel that you wanted to buy a zealot, but didn't think it was a wise idea in a war. I'm not calling you a coward, because I certainly wouldn't fly an expensive ship in your situation either - it just isn't smart. However, it does give weight to the idea that this war is taking its toll on goonfleet too.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:50 PM Incubus is offline  
Reply With Quote
#262  

McDeth
 
Let me tell you now, Goonfleet is CHOSING to fly frigates and t1 cruisers over anything else right now.

As gay as BoB may be, they are decent at pvp, but they came here to fight huge Battleship/t2/inty fights. Not t1 frig blob warfare, it's beneath them.

So while we may lose 10 or more frigates while killing a command ship or a HAC, we are having fun, and the HAC guy gets pissed as hell.

Also, part of our strategy is to engage BoB when their numbers are low, and then just log off when their numbers start to rise. So far it is working.

Not that all goons fly t1 frigs around all day though

This guy is just crazy with his FC ship

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/player/Mr%20rooflez

Last edited by McDeth; 08-16-2006 at 10:45 PM..
Old 08-16-2006, 10:42 PM McDeth is offline  
Reply With Quote
#263  

-espionage-
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus
That's all well and good that you guys have money, but what good is it when you can't use it? You even said tonight in the genmay channel that you wanted to buy a zealot, but didn't think it was a wise idea in a war. I'm not calling you a coward, because I certainly wouldn't fly an expensive ship in your situation either - it just isn't smart. However, it does give weight to the idea that this war is taking its toll on goonfleet too.

what mcdeath said.. suicide waves with ships that really dont cost me a dime with the chance to take out much more expensive ships is always fine with me
__________________
How many Jeeps would an Isajeep Jeep if an Isajeep could Jeep Jeeps?
Old 08-17-2006, 10:17 AM -espionage- is offline  
Reply With Quote
#264  

Incubus
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDeth
Let me tell you now, Goonfleet is CHOSING to fly frigates and t1 cruisers over anything else right now.

As gay as BoB may be, they are decent at pvp, but they came here to fight huge Battleship/t2/inty fights. Not t1 frig blob warfare, it's beneath them.

So while we may lose 10 or more frigates while killing a command ship or a HAC, we are having fun, and the HAC guy gets pissed as hell.

Also, part of our strategy is to engage BoB when their numbers are low, and then just log off when their numbers start to rise. So far it is working.

Not that all goons fly t1 frigs around all day though

This guy is just crazy with his FC ship

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/player/Mr%20rooflez

I know goonfleet is choosing to fly t1 frigs. I know that it's basically how goonfleet fights for the most part. What they lack in sp and fleet commanders, they make up for in numbers. BoB knows this and they most definitely didn't come looking for hac and t2 fitted bs fights from goonfleet. If you think that you're insane. Why do you think they're sniping so much?

But either way, my point still stands: for the most part, goonfleet is relegated to using the lowest level stuff (for whatever reason).

Is flying around in a t1 frig and getting instapopped fun? I don't think so. I'd say BoB's tactic in that regard is working quite well to.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:49 PM Incubus is offline  
Reply With Quote
#265  

McDeth
 
I would say it is more BoB flying around in their t2 Command Ship, and then having 100 angry bees warp on top of you and then getting popped in under 10 seconds. We may lose a frig or 10, but I bet the Command Ship guy is more pissed than the frigate guy.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:24 PM McDeth is offline  
Reply With Quote
#266  

Immune
ROT IN FUCK, DOUCHE-PENIS
 
Immune's Avatar
 
Hey guys, my friend and I are thinking of playing this game for 2 weeks. What do you guys suggest we do at the beginning?

Can anyone give us a helping hand? We're really skilled players but I hear the beginning is really tough since you have no capital.
__________________
The last person on Earth sat in a room; there came a knock at the door.

Last edited by Immune; 08-17-2006 at 10:37 PM..
Old 08-17-2006, 10:26 PM Immune is offline  
Reply With Quote
#267  

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!
 
MadDog's Avatar
 
Joined ISSN, went on an op, got blown up by AAA and Muffins was fun tho and my first pvp experience, we ended up breaking their gate camp with few losses.
Old 08-18-2006, 03:18 AM MadDog is offline  
Reply With Quote
#268  

Nano
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immune
Hey guys, my friend and I are thinking of playing this game for 2 weeks. What do you guys suggest we do at the beginning?

Can anyone give us a helping hand? We're really skilled players but I hear the beginning is really tough since you have no capital.


Ive played for less than a day and have close to 2 million creds. just do missions and you'll make enough money quickly to buy a better ship and such.
__________________
Im not elitist, Ive simply been marginalized by the preponderance of idiots in the world.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:25 AM Nano is offline  
Reply With Quote
#269  

arioch
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano
Ive played for less than a day and have close to 2 million creds. just do missions and you'll make enough money quickly to buy a better ship and such.

I had a feeling you would get down to business quickly
__________________
Henrik Larsson of the [M] soccer club.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:46 AM arioch is offline  
Reply With Quote
#270  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.