General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

JPF_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
While true, there's always a tradeoff. Neither my wife nor myself would make as much in non-city areas. 6 in one place, half a dozen in the other I suppose. Oprah makes bank no matter where she lives
Unsure if this is close to what you do.
http://swz.salary.com/SalaryWizard/R...leston-SC.aspx

Quote:
Research and Development Director
Include Bonuses
Charleston, SC
Median Salary
$171,198
You'd be balling here if you made that per year. Like.....downtown historic house in Charleston baller.....or on the beach......

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF_ View Post
Unsure if this is close to what you do.
http://swz.salary.com/SalaryWizard/R...leston-SC.aspx

You'd be balling here if you made that per year. Like.....downtown historic house in Charleston baller.....or on the beach......

I love living in SD but our houses are made of paper and staples. I'd love a real house - something colonial and extra bad ass would be super sweet. Alas "historic" in san diego means some shit from the 1950s.

[H]ard|On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Domon View Post

prices are per month. About 10 cents a load if you did laundry every single day

Damn that's not bad at all.

Forever Domon

Quote:
It snows a hell of a lot in NC.

In SC, last time we had snow that was bad enough to cause road hazards was 1989 (same year as hurricane Hugo).

Schools and Government shut down at the first site of a flake of snow here though haha.
south carolina it is then

I'm not doing too bad either down there it would seem

JPF_

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
I love living in SD but our houses are made of paper and staples. I'd love a real house - something colonial and extra bad ass would be super sweet. Alas "historic" in san diego means some shit from the 1950s.

Our cookie cutter homes started around 2004ish or there abouts.

Before that, most houses here were built 1960's+ non historic (obviously) and those are pure brick, slab and crawl space style. Still holding strong.

Historic homes here are super pricy, but I have run cable in a few....holy crap its amazing you truly feel you're going back in time, the smells especially.

I went to one house that's pre civil war.....lol he had such a bad grounding issue that I could not leave him hooked up to Comcast. It was so bad I could run my screw driver over the splitter and sparks flying everywhere.

He showed me the "slavers quarters" and the other house on this chunk of 2-3 acres where the slaves/servants lived.....just awesome I enjoy history.

Forever Domon

Quote:

Before that, most houses here were built 1960's+ non historic (obviously) and those are pure brick, slab and crawl space style. Still holding strong.

Historic homes here are super pricy, but I have run cable in a few....holy crap its amazing you truly feel you're going back in time, the smells especially.

I went to one house that's pre civil war.....lol he had such a bad grounding issue that I could not leave him hooked up to Comcast. It was so bad I could run my screw driver over the splitter and sparks flying everywhere.

He showed me the "slavers quarters" and the other house on this chunk of 2-3 acres where the slaves/servants lived.....just awesome I enjoy history.
thats the kinda house i want. Tons of land, super character, build to last for another couple centuries.

JPF_

Quote:
south carolina it is then

I'm not doing too bad either down there it would seem

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit thats what an engineer here are Boeing makes straight out of college.

You'd be rocking more then that here at Boeing........and if I were you if you are dead set on that. Fill out an application for Boeing.

They are only looking for engineers and directors now....upper management.

Forever Domon

nah, my career keeps me here. Im just fantacising

Ill have tons of cash though when i reach retirement age, so i actually can drop a million on a house someplace i like (read: oceanfront) comfortably, and still have enough to send all my grandkids to college.

JPF_

Quote:
thats the kinda house i want. Tons of land, super character, build to last for another couple centuries.
Historic Summerville (very very close to the house I was speaking of with the bad grounding issue).
http://charleston.craigslist.org/reb/2455625537.html

Most of the historic houses in Summerville (where I live) are bed and breakfast's.

Most historic houses around me (Charleston included) are like this, because most who own them (since it was passed down by family) cannot afford them.

Here is historic Charleston house:

http://www.charlestontrident.com/%28...&sitecode=9329

JPF_

Quote:
nah, my career keeps me here. Im just fantacising

Ill have tons of cash though when i reach retirement age, so i actually can drop a million on a house someplace i like (read: oceanfront) comfortably, and still have enough to send all my grandkids to college.

Like this?
http://www.charlestontrident.com/%28...&sitecode=9329

Fuck careers, gimme money!

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

my internet has been so buckass slow lately,...whenever your link loads i'll report back

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

well i have the educational requirements but i still do not have much experience

[H]ard|On

Quote:

Nice, i got to see some neat estates/plantations in VA for example, slave quarters and all. You can just picture what it was like back in the day.

JPF_

Quote:
well i have the educational requirements but i still do not have much experience

Down here they don't care haha.

They take education, or experience.....rare to find someone with both for most jobs in SC.

RedEyes
Boner Provider

Quote:
Priority #1: sign for packages. HUGE in nyc--keeps us from needing a separate delivery box for anything larger than a letter.

After that it becomes a question of hookups, they know people to arrange transport and tickets for shows. Can also take your laundry/drycleaning to the nearest shop, have it done, and have it waiting for you in your room. If the lobby has refrigerated storage, can wait for your grocery delivery (if you have that service) and store it for you upon your return.

They can also be available to wait for like repairmen, or furniture setup, etc. so that you do not have to miss work.

Hrm... I suppose that could be kind of handy. But couldn't you have packages delivered to the office, and then have a graduate assistant sign for it if you're out?

edit: I see you don't appear to be at a university anymore.

We will make contact with this frequency every twelve hours. Prepare sitrep for command authority. Have hope. We're coming for you.