General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
IcW@teR
Ice Cool
 
IcW@teR's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperochini View Post
only way you are going to get a job now is by doing walk ins. also most jobs are posted internally, i have come to find out. Figure out what you want to do, find companies in your area that hire these positions and ask the HR fucks if they have any open positions. That's the job of HR to find human "resources" and your giving them a helping hand by delivering yourself to their doorsteps. Dress like a person that knows how to tie a tie. Groom yourself to not look like a spaniel that just got fucked by a foaming pitbul.. ... and present a fairly legible resume.

i think you may be insane, you cant just walk into most corporations
__________________
The secret to success, whether it's women or money, is knowing when to quit. I oughta know: I'm divorced and broke.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:57 AM IcW@teR is offline  
Reply With Quote
#61  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Killer_B
 
Killer_B's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcW@teR View Post
i think you may be insane, you cant just walk into most corporations

Well, perhaps not gigantic multinationals where you'd literally have to have an appointment set up weeks or years in advance...Or large office buildings where the same might apply.

If it's a small one though, can't hurt to try (barring them saying no phone calls or walk ups)...Worst they could say is to fuck off and submit it online?
__________________
Gen[M]ay. Who needs members? We have mods.

Founding [M]ember of the GENTLY CARESS EA Club.

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.
Old 12-04-2011, 01:20 AM Killer_B is offline  
Reply With Quote
#62  

IcW@teR
Ice Cool
 
IcW@teR's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_B View Post
Well, perhaps not gigantic multinationals where you'd literally have to have an appointment set up weeks or years in advance...Or large office buildings where the same might apply.

If it's a small one though, can't hurt to try (barring them saying no phone calls or walk ups)...Worst they could say is to fuck off and submit it online?

every add from every company i've seem says no walk ins no calls, that shits just not done these days. i've even seen no walk in tags on freakin bartender jobs.
__________________
The secret to success, whether it's women or money, is knowing when to quit. I oughta know: I'm divorced and broke.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:30 PM IcW@teR is offline  
Reply With Quote
#63  

pepperochini
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcW@teR View Post
every add from every company i've seem says no walk ins no calls, that shits just not done these days. i've even seen no walk in tags on freakin bartender jobs.

The hilton i work at has 'application' days on mon & wed from 9am-noon. Most of the positions are posted internally and on a bulletin board for walkins to see. I don't even think we have online listings. It surely narrows down the competition if you can find places like this in your area. I'm pretty sure they exist.
__________________
┌П┐(◉_◉)┌П┐
Old 12-04-2011, 08:07 PM pepperochini is offline  
Reply With Quote
#64  

IcW@teR
Ice Cool
 
IcW@teR's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepperochini View Post
The hilton i work at has 'application' days on mon & wed from 9am-noon. Most of the positions are posted internally and on a bulletin board for walkins to see. I don't even think we have online listings. It surely narrows down the competition if you can find places like this in your area. I'm pretty sure they exist.

well yea in the service industry, but i find no one wants to hire me in that after not having done anything in the industry in 17 years. i'm a web designer content management computer kinda dude and 99.9% of those jobs are in corporations and the ones that aren't ya really cant just walk up to every business that might possibly need a computer guy
__________________
The secret to success, whether it's women or money, is knowing when to quit. I oughta know: I'm divorced and broke.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:11 PM IcW@teR is offline  
Reply With Quote
#65  

G-Daddy
I love my mother. No, I REALLY love her. In the butt.
 
__________________
Whiny Douche for mod.
Digital Mocking's a cuntflap
4138660d2dbe60f185882a92b829b0fd
1ccff0ae11de8623189c9693877fcddf
Old 12-04-2011, 09:04 PM G-Daddy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#66  

Nevermore
I <3 d4rkme4t
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
I dunno man, I spent way too long unemployed sitting at home applying for jobs online.. I went out to one pub for a meal and a drink, asked them if they needed staff as I was leaving and well.. I had my first shift last night and I'm now on the books as a cook

If they say no walk-ins .. it means nobody else is walking in .. so if you walk in .. you've got the job.

Who cares if they say no, leave your shit on the counter and walk out.

Australia is getting all up in arms about jobs over here because people are specifically NOT hiring locals, going out of the way to hire tourist visa holders for temp positions so they can pay them less and fire them whenever they want without and backlash. Shit sucks.
__________________
_--_|\
/ #AUZLAND
\_.--._/
.......v
<domisi> i'm not in anyone's sig
\(_o)/ IRC Partay!! \(o_)/
Old 12-04-2011, 09:18 PM Nevermore is offline  
Reply With Quote
#67  

silverman88
 
I use mostly craigslist myself.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:53 PM silverman88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#68  

Killer_B
 
Killer_B's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverman88 View Post
I necrobump posts in order to sitepimp myself.

FTFY
__________________
Gen[M]ay. Who needs members? We have mods.

Founding [M]ember of the GENTLY CARESS EA Club.

Then the network comes back up. And then down again. Up... and down. It keeps going down like a Clinton intern.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:37 PM Killer_B is offline  
Reply With Quote
#69  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.