General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

JPF_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
compound exercises are those requiring multiple muscle groups, typically the larger ones. it takes more energy to activate larger muscles than smaller ones. so a squad takes more energy than a biceps curl. pick 5 exercises a day. stuff like squats, shoulder press, bench press, deadlift, pullups, etc. do one set each exercise, 20-25 reps (fail somewhere between those numbers). wait 30 seconds, move onto the next exercise. when you completed all 5, thats a circuit. wait 3 minutes. do it all again. do that 5-6 times, that's your workout

then add in HIIT cardio (google it)

ty very much......I am going to see how well this works for me.....maybe I can actually fit in a 2x soon....lol

You should just come find a job down here in Charleston.....then you could be my part time trainer =)

And you can afford/buy that old style Charleston home you like!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPF_ View Post
ty very much......I am going to see how well this works for me.....maybe I can actually fit in a 2x soon....lol

You should just come find a job down here in Charleston.....then you could be my part time trainer =)

And you can afford/buy that old style Charleston home you like!

problem is the wife needs to work in a financial epicenter, not sure there are any of those in charleston. I can work for any health department, pharmaceutical company, epidemiology research bureau, etc.

JPF_

Quote:
problem is the wife needs to work in a financial epicenter, not sure there are any of those in charleston. I can work for any health department, pharmaceutical company, epidemiology research bureau, etc.

We actually have a need for both styles of jobs......Boeing is hiring in their accounting dpt here (Boeing just recently moved here).....SPAWAR is always looking for financial people (100k yr+ jobs with SPAWAR).

Quite a lot of Pharm Companies are stationed here because South Carolina is one of the few states with testing laws where no one is to blame if you die from testing.....or something along those lines lol

Vendetta

Quote:
We actually have a need for both styles of jobs......Boeing is hiring in their accounting dpt here (Boeing just recently moved here).....SPAWAR is always looking for financial people (100k yr+ jobs with SPAWAR).

Quite a lot of Pharm Companies are stationed here because South Carolina is one of the few states with testing laws where no one is to blame if you die from testing.....or something along those lines lol

Depends on the finance job. She HATES the thought of being an accountant. She regularly moves hundreds of millions of dollars a day, so leaving the (apparent) high money, high stress environment is not in the cards. I tried talking her into applying for google's financial dept when I was out there for final interviews, no dice.

JPF_

Quote:
Depends on the finance job. She HATES the thought of being an accountant. She regularly moves hundreds of millions of dollars a day, so leaving the (apparent) high money, high stress environment is not in the cards. I tried talking her into applying for google's financial dept when I was out there for final interviews, no dice.

Oh yeah, Google is here too lol, forgot that......Monks Corner, SC I think its only a server farm....nothing major though.....

And less stress sounds good to me......but there are people that need it to feel they are doing something important etc.....I hate stress.....my job is super relaxed and the pay is great for no college education. I stay on top of the ticket que (end user tech support for Fujitsu USA) and smooth sailing lol

Vendetta

Quote:
Oh yeah, Google is here too lol, forgot that......Monks Corner, SC I think its only a server farm....nothing major though.....

And less stress sounds good to me......but there are people that need it to feel they are doing something important etc.....I hate stress.....my job is super relaxed and the pay is great for no college education. I stay on top of the ticket que (end user tech support for Fujitsu USA) and smooth sailing lol

i dont like stressful jobs either, but she seems to thrive on it. i dunno, she's about to hit the 10 year mark, where apparently some really nice shit will happen. we'll see...maybe moving out of nyc in a few years but it could be long term. got a good thing goin on

JPF_

Quote:
i dont like stressful jobs either, but she seems to thrive on it. i dunno, she's about to hit the 10 year mark, where apparently some really nice shit will happen

That's awesome....she kinda sounds like an "old soul".......don't hear about younger people still working with the same company for 10 years....or more. Older generations just stuck with the job and did it. Younger people seem to job hop until they find the right fit/compensation.

Vendetta

Quote:
That's awesome....she kinda sounds like an "old soul".......don't hear about younger people still working with the same company for 10 years....or more. Older generations just stuck with the job and did it. Younger people seem to job hop until they find the right fit/compensation.

stars kind of aligned for her, as it were. put herself through school, knew exactly what she wanted to d as a career. took a job as a floor trader for 35k a year in nyc, living like shit and eating ramen. then landed her dream job and has been there ever since, and it paid off BIG time.

JPF_

Quote:
stars kind of aligned for her, as it were. put herself through school, knew exactly what she wanted to d as a career. took a job as a floor trader for 35k a year in nyc, living like shit and eating ramen. then landed her dream job and has been there ever since, and it paid off BIG time.

my story is the lazy version of hers.....lol and its just now paying off at the age of 29.....and I am only making 40k/yr.......but here where I live, that's quite nice money.....even more so with no college education....if I were educated.....working on computers here maybe double that 40k tops.

JPF_

Blackbaud would most likely be a great place shed like to work. Friend of my owns a computer store, his wife does money stuffs for them.....she deals with a hell of a lot of money in a day as well.

Vendetta

welp i'll take a look...one of our possible "futures" is stay in nyc making the bank and saving for 5-6 years, and the moving out to the rural area and getting a big place with land and just retire early (well, semi-retire). actually we liked the area 100 miles outside denver when we were there for OWKs wedding

JPF_

Quote:
welp i'll take a look...one of our possible "futures" is stay in nyc making the bank and saving for 5-6 years, and the moving out to the rural area and getting a big place with land and just retire early (well, semi-retire). actually we liked the area 100 miles outside denver when we were there for OWKs wedding

If you ever want to visit here I could easily show you around the nice areas.

I am sure there are jobs open anywhere around the world for both yours/wife's skill set.
Very nice to have choices at the end of the day.

RagingDemon

Quote:
compound exercises are those requiring multiple muscle groups, typically the larger ones. it takes more energy to activate larger muscles than smaller ones. so a squad takes more energy than a biceps curl. pick 5 exercises a day. stuff like squats, shoulder press, bench press, deadlift, pullups, etc. do one set each exercise, 20-25 reps (fail somewhere between those numbers). wait 30 seconds, move onto the next exercise. when you completed all 5, thats a circuit. wait 3 minutes. do it all again. do that 5-6 times, that's your workout

then add in HIIT cardio (google it)

Cool, thanks, I'll look into this as well
.......v

"Impossible is a word that can only be found in the Dictionary of fools"--Napoleon

damo

Quote:
Originally Posted by g|aSsJaw View Post

rofl

after reading that rant then seeing that was awesome

Guess Who

If you are a fat ass you may be stuck wearing moo moos.