General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

ScHpAnKy
The only place you can get milk in a bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerokewl View Post
prepubescent raged drivel

Hey, fuck off, chump.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Fiah
Sinds ik als transseksuele prostituee bezig ben, heb ik mezelf eindelijk leren accepteren. PM me voo

If you can't live all day on sandwiches, you aren't making enough sandwiches.

Also, fruit!

ScHpAnKy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiah View Post
If you can't live all day on sandwiches, you aren't making enough sandwiches.

Also, fruit!

I just never feel "full" after sandwiches, that's all, I eat like a horse.
Fruit is a good suggestion, as always, I used to bring tons of apples and clementines to work, I guess I need to start doing that again.
Thanks for your reply

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable

big bag o'beef jerky

RazorWind

I've gotten out of the habit of bringing lunch to work because going out gets me out of my office for a while, and I find that to be worth the 7ish dollars per day it usually costs me (we have a pretty good cafeteria here).

When I did, though, I found I liked the following:

1. Get good sandwich bread from the bakery at the grocery store, and good deli meat/cheese. Put components in a bento box, and the bread in a bag, and assemble components at lunch time. You can cut up vegetables on Sunday night and take a little each day, if you want. This is more or less how subway makes their sandwiches, just on a smaller scale, and it costs a small fraction of what Subway costs.

2. Bring leftovers from dinner. I liked doing this the best, as I'm generally good at making things that last for a while. I could make enough bean soup for dinner on a Sunday night to last me like a week and a half. If you look for the bean mixes in the bean aisle at the grocery store, they generally have a recipe on the bag that comes out pretty well. A secondary advantage of soups is that they're pretty filling to begin with, but you can just take more if you need a lot to keep you going.

Homemade chili worked well, too, for much the same reasons.

Fruit is a good thing to bring as well.

I'm presently working my way through an entire smithfield ham, mostly by myself, and while it takes about 3 hours to make initially, it probably ends up saving me a lot of hours later in time I don't have to spend cooking. It also makes fucking epic sandwiches.

Forever Domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
I've gotten out of the habit of bringing lunch to work because going out gets me out of my office for a while, and I find that to be worth the 7ish dollars per day it usually costs me (we have a pretty good cafeteria here).

When I did, though, I found I liked the following:

1. Get good sandwich bread from the bakery at the grocery store, and good deli meat/cheese. Put components in a bento box, and the bread in a bag, and assemble components at lunch time. You can cut up vegetables on Sunday night and take a little each day, if you want. This is more or less how subway makes their sandwiches, just on a smaller scale, and it costs a small fraction of what Subway costs.

2. Bring leftovers from dinner. I liked doing this the best, as I'm generally good at making things that last for a while. I could make enough bean soup for dinner on a Sunday night to last me like a week and a half. If you look for the bean mixes in the bean aisle at the grocery store, they generally have a recipe on the bag that comes out pretty well. A secondary advantage of soups is that they're pretty filling to begin with, but you can just take more if you need a lot to keep you going.

I'm presently working my way through an entire smithfield ham, mostly by myself, and while it takes about 3 hours to make initially, it probably ends up saving me a lot of hours later in time I don't have to spend cooking. It also makes fucking epic sandwiches.
thats my philosophy, i could bring lunch, but honestly escaping for half an hour is more valuable than the food itself.

malamute face
Long time. Me lobe yoy long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScHpAnKy View Post
These are good replies:
You skipped mine, stupid.
Growler & I hate olives <3
Pyramid is my speakerhumper BFF

Total: 24

malamute face

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerokewl View Post
This thread was actually pretty cool when we were talking about houses, let get back to that.
I didn't click on any of those links.

ScHpAnKy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
I'd kill for a solid meal for $7, I work in the city so I used to allot myself $12-15 for a meal, twice a day. (10hr shift on average, one meal for every 5 hours with a couple snacks to tie me over between meals) then dropped it to $9 for every meal and while it's better it's still way too much to be spending on food. Consider me jelly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind

AWESOME post, thank you!

malamute face

ScHpAnKy, you and I have a lot in common.

In 1999, I was on skatetalk.com and I used the name "sUMmA LoViN' 420 hO". We r twinsies.

ScHpAnKy

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute face View Post
ScHpAnKy, you and I have a lot in common.

In 1999, I was on skatetalk.com and I used the name "sUMmA LoViN' 420 hO". We r twinsies.

totes.

ScHpAnKy

Quote:
You skipped mine, stupid.

my bad, you can quote it again if you like.
Quote:
I didn't click on any of those links.

It's cool, you can in the spin-off thread where that discussion actually belongs.

MooK

Did not read thread. Freeze water in bottle which can handle frozen water to act as a short-term cooling system (6hrs or so.) Also, you get refreshing water when it's time to nom.

ScHpAnKy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK View Post
Did not read thread. Freeze water in bottle which can handle frozen water to act as a long-term cooling system. Also, you get refreshing water when it's time to nom.

Shit, man, at least the first post... for me?

Coqui

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScHpAnKy View Post
meat sweats, if you make a sandwich at 10AM (which is when I have time to) and eat dinner at 7:45pm, it'll be one big soggy mess.

yes, however I don't think that's going to be enough nutrition to:

1.) get me through a 10+hr work day
2.) spare enough energy for the next day when I go work out.
I used to make deli-meat sandwiches, but I would consistently run out of energy or crash. Sucks, because in addition to your mother I also love multigrain bread.

I bring enough food to last me all day and have never used a refrigerator.