General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337rider View Post
I don't give a fuck. I hate the smell, its my place, and i stated it CLEARLY in the ad. fuck smokers. its thier right to do it, but my right to not have it around.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Xcric
i have 3 girlfriends but they dont know it yet

a lady friend of mine asnwered a craigslist ad for a roommate once. it turned out to be a fat dude who wanted her to share the bed with him every night.

sometimes when the asking price for rent seems too good to be true. it really is.

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)

Quote:
I'm looking for a roommate to help with bills around the place... got a response from a guy who seemed legit. References all checked out good, so i called the guy up to look at the place.

He shows up looking ratty as shit, I get a bad vib from the guy. by the time I smell the cig smoke on him (I clearly stated non-smoking in the ad) he's looked at the room and seen a good portion of the house. I was clear and direct, not an ass at all, about the smoking thing and why that was a non-starter. he proceeds to ask a few questions like "so its just you living here?" on his way out, which make me thing he's sizing the place up for a buglary.

what should I do here? am I too worried?

So you interviewed ic? LOL
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
I don't give a fuck. I hate the smell, its my place, and i stated it CLEARLY in the ad. fuck smokers. its thier right to do it, but my right to not have it around.

as long as you have a porch or a balcony it's totally their problem and not yours; i don't smoke but have a roommate that does. I think once I had to close a window cause it was blowing in - nbd

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWhoKnows View Post
So you interviewed ic? LOL

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Uhh... I take "no smoking" to mean... "no smoking inside" not.... IF YOU SMOKE CIGARETTES ANYWHERE EVER YOU ARE BANISHED FROM MY DOMAIN

i think you just have an irrational fear of smokers, 90% of his creepiness is in your head

Xcric

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Uhh... I take "no smoking" to mean... "no smoking inside" not.... IF YOU SMOKE CIGARETTES ANYWHERE EVER YOU ARE BANISHED FROM MY DOMAIN

i think you just have an irrational fear of smokers, 90% of his creepiness is in your head

the fuck is this shit? we actually agree on something?

i think he got seized on the fact that the guy smelled like cigarette smoke (neverminding the fact that most people would assume no smokers means no smoking inside) and as a result has it in his head that he's going to get raped.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post

hey man, it's his air. he gets to decide who gets to breathe it.

Xcric

would you get offended if i took a big nasty shit in your bathroom too?

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday

Anyone who comes to my house for work, repairs, etc i ask them for their DL and copy down the information. Since statistically if your house is burglarized it's someone who's been inside before, you have a good list to start with. You should do the same for your roommates, tell them you need it for a background check or something (which is also a good idea).

1337rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommiePunk View Post
Anyone who comes to my house for work, repairs, etc i ask them for their DL and copy down the information. Since statistically if your house is burglarized it's someone who's been inside before, you have a good list to start with. You should do the same for your roommates, tell them you need it for a background check or something (which is also a good idea).

I think thats a good plan for next time. thanks.

And was that you, Ice? I don't think it was for a few reasons but who knows...

Forever Domon

Quote:
i should start doing this.

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)

Quote:

Has anyone gotten offended by this?
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"

cc88

Quote:
I'm looking for a roommate to help with bills around the place... got a response from a guy who seemed legit. References all checked out good, so i called the guy up to look at the place.

He shows up looking ratty as shit, I get a bad vib from the guy. by the time I smell the cig smoke on him (I clearly stated non-smoking in the ad) he's looked at the room and seen a good portion of the house. I was clear and direct, not an ass at all, about the smoking thing and why that was a non-starter. he proceeds to ask a few questions like "so its just you living here?" on his way out, which make me thing he's sizing the place up for a buglary.

what should I do here? am I too worried?

HAY GUYS SOMEONE CAME OVER AND HIS REFERENCES WERE GOOD. I MADE UP PARANOID REASONS TO SAY NO BASED ON HIS LOOKS AND SMELL

d114

if you have his references and a copy of his ID i dont think you have anything to worry about.

But just in case you might want to consider leaving the gas on when you leave for work. that way if he comes back he'll blow himself up.