General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Everyday Life.
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

all good not trying to be a douche http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CKkBEOYNMAM

mebbe?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcW@teR View Post
all good not trying to be a douche http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CKkBEOYNMAM

mebbe?

i know you're not, but mike always is to me, and lurker has an affliction where he always thinks he's correct

also, looks nice, but damn that's some money

Asa of the Infidel Crew

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

i just picked the one with high rating that didn't look all tiny and unusable by old folks but yea

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
i know you're not, but mike always is to me, and lurker has an affliction where he always thinks he's correct

also, looks nice, but damn that's some money

Nice argument, but my being always right has no bearing in this thread. As you can clearly see I am not the only one with similar feelings. Should I say I'm not trying to be a douche so you can relax?

I have an olympus digital voice recorder that is dead simple to use but I doubt your ailing grandmother will be able to operate it. What you probably want to get is a recorder that has voice trigger with a prominent on off switch. This way all she has to do is turn it on and talk.

Last edited by Lurker; 01-29-2012 at 08:49 PM..

DreamWarrior

I will see if I can find the one my wife used to use for her classes. She has no more need for it, so if I can find it and you want it then it's yours.

Having lost my dad and my wife's grandmother to cancer, I also extend you and yours my sympathy. It is a hell of a way to go .

asa
I wear ladies underwear, and I smell like cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
I will see if I can find the one my wife used to use for her classes. She has no more need for it, so if I can find it and you want it then it's yours.

Having lost my dad and my wife's grandmother to cancer, I also extend you and yours my sympathy. It is a hell of a way to go .
i really don't want anyone to go to all that trouble, if you can find it just let me know the model number and i'll look it up and see if it will fit my needs

but thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
Nice argument, but my being always right has no bearing in this thread. As you can clearly see I am not the only one with similar feelings. Should I say I'm not trying to be a douche so you can relax?

I have an olympus digital voice recorder that is dead simple to use but I doubt your ailing grandmother will be able to operate it. What you probably want to get is a recorder that has voice trigger with a prominent on off switch. This way all she has to do is turn it on and talk.

you're not trying to be a douche, and yet you didn't even read the thread so when you try to be helpful it doesn't even work

1) mike always trolls me, always, so anything i say he will be against, and IcW isn't really against me, he just doesn't think it'll work
2) it's my aunt, not my grandmother.

Asa of the Infidel Crew

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Not sure if you have kids yourself, or, have any in the family that are "of age" to be tackling a project like this...

But when I was... 14 or 15 my <something>-grade final-ey project was to research and compose a biography about a family member.

Spent hours and hours talking to my maternal grandfather, took notes, asked insightful questions, I'm told he really enjoyed it. The final "biography" was supposed to be some pitiful number of pages, but I learned a lot about him, stuff that I never would have found out from anybody else. Utimately it wasn't really about the final product.

And... Then he died about three years later, way before his time. At this point he was still actively playing doubles tennis, definitely had quite a bit more endurance/patience to deal with my retarded questions. (Which your 90 year old Aunt may not.)

But, food for thought. Yes, it's more time consuming, but it's a far more engaging, thoughtful way to go about this process.