pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

does a suppressed .177 air gun count?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
Just get a Ruger and call it a day.

Thats the craziest bolt action rifle I've ever seen. Does it shoot through schools?

zsu2357

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33T_h4x0r_d00d View Post
I wouldnt want to fire supersonic 5.56 ammo in a house even with a supressor on the rifle, much less bare muzzled without hearing protection.
Wait till some dumb-ass fires a .38 a few inches from your ear in a house.That was over 35 years ago and my ear still rings.

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsu2357 View Post
Wait till some dumb-ass fires a .38 a few inches from your ear in a house.That was over 35 years ago and my ear still rings.

Ow.

BPJ

Quote:

My uncle was hunting with some dickwad who decided to use my uncles shoulder for support when he bent over. Needless to say he can barely hear out of his right ear.

As far as this post...you can try to shoot those supersonic unsuppressed apparently if you take N-A-C beforehand...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acetylcysteine

Quote:
Animal studies suggest that NAC may help prevent noise-induced hearing loss.[30] A clinical trial to determine efficacy in preventing noise-induced sensorineural hearing loss in humans is currently (2006) being jointly conducted by the US Army [31] and US Navy [32]
I've read the study before, and some folks have (military) have sworn by it. I've taken it for tinnitus and it didn't do anything, but interested in trying it out next time I go shooting.

Wood, wood, wood. Would you please get that penis out of my butt?

That's a good poem.

zsu2357

[QUOTE=BPJ;24453091]My uncle was hunting with some dickwad who decided to use my uncles shoulder for support when he bent over. Needless to say he can barely hear out of his right ear.[QUOTE]
In my late teens a friend and I were hunting(his first time)and he bought a new 30-30 for the occasion well we are going down a slight incline Indian file,and all the sudden BANG I
duck don't know why though(not faster than a speeding bullet).
He said he just wanted to see what I would do,rather than admit he slipped.After I got done
with him(he learned he wasn't the rifleman)he got a hard course in gun safety and humility.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Quote:

yeah, my buddy pulled that with his 30-30 about a foot and a half from my ear one of the first times we went shooting. I thought he would at least walk up to where I was before shooting, nope. he stood the perfect distance behind me so that the end of the barrel was lined up with my damn ear and he didn't even warn me before he fired. that ear still rings too.