General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Abarai
I want to suck vinnies cock but all I got was this title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
Things weren't always so smooth, anyone else remember what a buggy pos steam was like when it was first released? Back when they ruined cs even more with that fucking riot shield update.

Valve have done an excellent job with it though and now I steam

You bite your tongue! That riot shield was fucking amazing, especially if you purchased one on an awpmap.

It made things a little unfair though.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

worldspawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangels View Post
I shouldn't have to install extra onto my PC to play a game, also fuck your friend system way less people play on PC than they do live
http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

umm also ever heard of an mmo

Scrivener
Scrivener never gets any love :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by sct View Post
I get dibs on post-apocalyptic obama.

I think he looks like Mos Def.

Already had several spirited arguments over which of my friends has to play the black guy. I've got perma-dibs on the old grizzled guy, because he's the only one with a beard.

Personally, I think it would be better if you could pick from a list of 6-8 characters. I already foresee some impending girlfriend/wife catfights over who gets to play the only female character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
I can't believe there are still some tards out there who get sand in their vaginas over steam, valve have done a superb job with it I don't know where pc gaming would be today without it

And if they had stuck to their guns with their original "No additional copy protection allowed, Steam is more than adequate" policy, I'd buy a shit-ton more games on Steam. Just as I start to warm up to the idea of internet-connection-required gaming, the industry starts throwing activation limits at us. Bastards.

sct
I know what it takes to be cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrivener View Post
I think he looks like Mos Def.

Already had several spirited arguments over which of my friends has to play the black guy. I've got perma-dibs on the old grizzled guy, because he's the only one with a beard.

Personally, I think it would be better if you could pick from a list of 6-8 characters. I already foresee some impending girlfriend/wife catfights over who gets to play the only female character.

And if they had stuck to their guns with their original "No additional copy protection allowed, Steam is more than adequate" policy, I'd buy a shit-ton more games on Steam. Just as I start to warm up to the idea of internet-connection-required gaming, the industry starts throwing activation limits at us. Bastards.
At least steam specifically states the DRM included with software, which I highly appreciate.

FLiP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir tex View Post
You should have been there for beta

Absolutely NOTHING worked and it STILL crashed every 30 seconds.

Oh god, I remember even before that, they were using an even earlier version of steam to distribute the CS 1.4 betas. Now that thing was ugly.

teh scud

i wish i still had the anigifs from when steam was first released as a beta.

dxmzan

Is steam going to let us pre-load the game?

Edo

Its such a trivial issue but I agree that their should've been character selection between quite a few survivors or at least have the possibility of just just all playing the duplicate characters. Imagine if they had a character creating option in L4D

Can't wait for this game.

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh scud View Post
i wish i still had the anigifs from when steam was first released as a beta.
?

SKYY

Steam is especially horrendous if you have to use a shitty internet connection.

Sometimes it takes it over an HOUR to update half-life before I can play NS. It makes me really miss my old Comcast connection.

The forced-updating system sucks. too. My steam client forces me to download updates, install them, and when it's done I can't play my favorite servers for days because they haven't updated.

And then sometimes I randomly have to delete my clientregistry.blob file, which provokes another hour-long update--if it even gets through the process without timing out.

It's a great idea, but I really wish they'd throw some technical support into it. Too bad steam's clients have an average age of 12.

Mixomatosys
Cool Kid

driving into Boston today I saw a giant billboard for the game. I smiled.

Gimme Yo Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYY View Post
Steam is especially horrendous if you have to use a shitty internet connection.

Sometimes it takes it over an HOUR to update half-life before I can play NS. It makes me really miss my old Comcast connection.

The forced-updating system sucks. too. My steam client forces me to download updates, install them, and when it's done I can't play my favorite servers for days because they haven't updated.

And then sometimes I randomly have to delete my clientregistry.blob file, which provokes another hour-long update--if it even gets through the process without timing out.

It's a great idea, but I really wish they'd throw some technical support into it. Too bad steam's clients have an average age of 12.

its not valves fault you have a shitty connection

SKYY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme Yo Shoes View Post
its not valves fault you have a shitty connection
It's irrelevant, valve should make a system that works well on low-bandwidth connections.

Nuff said.

Last edited by SKYY; 10-28-2008 at 01:25 AM..

sir tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFieldYI View Post
driving into Boston today I saw a giant billboard for the game. I smiled.

saw one while driving home from my girlfriend's place in DFW. it's on 121 by DFW north, visible going south.

kudos
I am a homofag with no friends and Halo owns my soul

steams friend list still doesnt work half the time.