General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir tex View Post
genmay is still alive and well in Cybernations

Tex, there are lies, damn lies, and what you just said

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike

so i've been reading up on it some and it seems interesting, but ive got some questions about it that the main site didnt answer:

kahnza mentioned ISK negating the monthly fee.
1)how much ISK do you have to make to negate the monthly cost?
2) would the genmay corp be able to recoup some of the monthly cost?
3) i assume that ISK has some correlation to real world cash. if this is the case, is ISK used as a means of getting players to pay more than $X/mo in order to compete in the game?

from what i can tell, its all spaceships
4) are the space ships visually customizable? and if so, is the editor in depth, or merely a choice between square and circle rocket boosters?
5) is it possible to have a crew of real people running a space ship?
6) is a first person or cockpit view possible?
7) is there any sort of personal game, or is it all space?

8) i see theyve got really good developer support, but would i have to purchase each expansion to get that content, or is there an ultimate edition?

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybob View Post
so i've been reading up on it some and it seems interesting, but ive got some questions about it that the main site didnt answer:

kahnza mentioned ISK negating the monthly fee.
1)how much ISK do you have to make to negate the monthly cost?
2) would the genmay corp be able to recoup some of the monthly cost?
3) i assume that ISK has some correlation to real world cash. if this is the case, is ISK used as a means of getting players to pay more than $X/mo in order to compete in the game?

from what i can tell, its all spaceships
4) are the space ships visually customizable? and if so, is the editor in depth, or merely a choice between square and circle rocket boosters?
5) is it possible to have a crew of real people running a space ship?
6) is a first person or cockpit view possible?
7) is there any sort of personal game, or is it all space?

8) i see theyve got really good developer support, but would i have to purchase each expansion to get that content, or is there an ultimate edition?

1) typically its 300-350 million ISK. "rich" people trade the isk for monthly subscription codes
2) Probably, if we get enough people
3) Only in the sense that some people sell game time codes for ingame money
4) not much as far as visual customization
5) no, 1 ship per person
6) no
7) not quite sure what you mean
8) $15/month gets you everything

chuckybob

it sounds pretty OK, but the lack of first person anything is a potential dealbreaker for me, especially in a game with such pretty graphics and such good atmosphere otherwise.

by ground game, i mean can you dock at a spaceport and walk around it or anything like that? maybe land on a planet and explore a little? could you invite people over to your spaceship and dock for a party or a parlet? space is cool and all, but the black void gets a little dull after a while.

Kahnza
Screw you guys, I'm going home!

Quote:
it sounds pretty OK, but the lack of first person anything is a potential dealbreaker for me, especially in a game with such pretty graphics and such good atmosphere otherwise.

by ground game, i mean can you dock at a spaceport and walk around it or anything like that? maybe land on a planet and explore a little? could you invite people over to your spaceship for a party or a parlet? space is cool and all, but the black void gets a little dull after a while.

You are your ship basically. There is no getting out of your ship and exploring anything/anywhere. And you can create a fleet with other people in their ships.

Bill Brasky
He killed Wolfman Jack with a trident

Who was the bastard that was taking care of my account for me while I was gone (till my account ran out)? Is he still around? I'd love to start up once again when I get back home, that's for sure. It was fun as all hell.

I'm a Son of a Bitch and you fucking love me for it.

SemperFly

Quote:

by ground game, i mean can you dock at a spaceport and walk around it or anything like that? maybe land on a planet and explore a little? could you invite people over to your spaceship and dock for a party or a parlet? space is cool and all, but the black void gets a little dull after a while.

There will be a patch released in the near future that will feature "walking in stations". I thin it's called Incara. The devs are still working on how to best use that for missions and such.

You can have communal hangers for everyone in the corporation to keep their gear. If two players are at the same station they can trade equipment. But only one player per ship.

Sarcasmo
This is my Haiku

EVE is one of the most peaceful and serene games ever made. (When you aren't in low-sec space getting all blowed up)

Mining asteroids against the backdrop of space, ambient trance or whatever it's called playing on the in-game radio, watching attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion...

Ultimately it wasn't for me though. That serenity became boring.

Oh, and the market/economy were the best I had ever seen.

the.maxxx
<3 yuor sekrat admirer

Right now i'm playing Skill Training Online and rotating my ship inside at station when I'm in EvE.

lopoetve

I'd get back into it if we get good.
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

liquidkristal

I'll be down for a Genmay corp.

liquidkristal ingame (go to channel Genmay)

"I have to ask you a question."
"What is it?"
"Its an inquisitive statement used to test knowledge, but thats not important right now.

St Drahcir

If it wasn't for Fallen Earth I was going to actually be trying this out even though I heard its a tough game for casual gamers.

The Internet
Invented by Bob Dole. Get of Bob Dole's internet. Bob Dole Comands it. Bob Dole

If it held together for longer than a couple of months, I might start back up. Although my character isn't very far along it would be fun to ply with others here. I joined a player corp who were noob friendly but my extra trial ran out and I never got around to re-subbing.
5bb111fc1aa058e1283875b86b1a571c

Ravenpilot

If it stays together for more then a short period of time I would join up. I have 2 accounts. 1 fighter in a phantasm/nightmare and the other is a miner in a hulk.

G-Daddy
I love my mother. No, I REALLY love her. In the butt.

when i resub, i'll join

tax rate would be?
1ccff0ae11de8623189c9693877fcddf