General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General Forums > [M]eetups
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

So I know where im gonna be living. Canary Wharf or Millharbour, anyone been there?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

DlStreamnet

i could pop down

but you guys' are like old enoguh to be my parents (im 17) so i dont think so mang

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DlStreamnet View Post
i could pop down

but you guys' are like old enoguh to be my parents (im 17) so i dont think so mang

Im 22, onewhoknows is 24. Whats the legal drinking age in England anyway?

brass_monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
Im 22, onewhoknows is 24. Whats the legal drinking age in England anyway?

I will be a London [M[er in January. I am not really any use to this discussion at the moment though.

Lurker

Heres a question. What kinda wall plugs do you guys have in London. The round soviet style or something different? I gotta know which adapters to buy.

Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cruise View Post

Damn, I dont think I have ever seen an adapter like that in stores here. I guess thats another thing to get before I leave.

Heres a question. What cell provider do you guys recommend I use while im there. I did some of my own research into Tmobile, Vodafone, and O2 and it seems that for a pay monthly sim , O2 gives the best deals. Am I correct, plans are expensive so getting the best deal is a plus.

brass_monkey

Quote:
Damn, I dont think I have ever seen an adapter like that in stores here. I guess thats another thing to get before I leave.

Heres a question. What cell provider do you guys recommend I use while im there. I did some of my own research into Tmobile, Vodafone, and O2 and it seems that for a pay monthly sim , O2 gives the best deals. Am I correct, plans are expensive so getting the best deal is a plus.

I am on 02 pay monthly. If you already have a reasonable phone, I reccommend o2 Simplicity. http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/t...hly/simplicity. It gives you no specific length to your contract and you can cancel with 30 days notice.

About plugs, unfortunately coming from the US, it isn't that simple. You guys are 120v and we are 240v so although I have never had to do it, I am pretty sure that you will need a converter/transformer thing to be able to use your electrical goods.

Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by brass_monkey View Post
I am on 02 pay monthly. If you already have a reasonable phone, I reccommend o2 Simplicity. http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/t...hly/simplicity. It gives you no specific length to your contract and you can cancel with 30 days notice.

About plugs, unfortunately coming from the US, it isn't that simple. You guys are 120v and we are 240v so although I have never had to do it, I am pretty sure that you will need a converter/transformer thing to be able to use your electrical goods.

Yea I got my dash unlocked by tmobile a few days ago so I am set in that regard. Ill probably pick up a sim once I arrive in Heathrow

As for my devices, all my electronic goods are 110/240. I think only my desk lamp isn't 240 and i'm not taking that with me. I just need the conversion plugs.

brass_monkey

Quote:
Yea I got my dash unlocked by tmobile a few days ago so I am set in that regard. Ill probably pick up a sim once I arrive in Heathrow

As for my devices, all my electronic goods are 110/240. I think only my desk lamp isn't 240 and i'm not taking that with me. I just need the conversion plugs.

Ahh, that is useful. I guess it was about 10 years ago that I really remember it being a problem!

Smeg

Quote:
So I know where im gonna be living. Canary Wharf or Millharbour, anyone been there?

I live pretty close to there, Canada Water area. Canary Wharf/Millharbour is an awesome place....how much are you paying?

Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeg View Post
I live pretty close to there, Canada Water area. Canary Wharf/Millharbour is an awesome place....how much are you paying?

I'm not paying

Smeg

Quote:
I'm not paying

Is it a 1 bed flat? In that area even those are around 300 (600$) a week.

Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeg View Post

Is it a 1 bed flat? In that area even those are around 300 (600$) a week.

I don't like to brag so I wont go into details. I just hope I will get to meet some of the London people during my visit.

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)

All right, I'll be there in just a few days... anyone interested in meeting for dinner / a few drinks during the week let me know and we can meet up. Email me with some contact information: onewhoknows@gmail.com

I'll probably be available after 5pm each day, but imma will have nothing to do during the day. Are there one-week passes available for the tunnel system?

We fly in fairly early on Sunday and have all of that day available, so I'd love to meet up with anyone while we do some sight-seeing.
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"

Lurker

You got Email.