General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reverend Sin
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like

Shoulder Holster Systems

Anyone have experience with a diverse range of shoulder holster systems? I'm having trouble finding a horizontal holster that will fit my S&W M&P .45. I've seen them for the 9mm/.40, but it seems that the trigger guard on the .45 is fucking me over when it comes to finding anything that will work. I've tried the Galco Miami Classic and it fits well, but I've traveled over 60 square miles in the last two days looking for a goddamn holster that fits my gun and nobody has one, my last option is searching online. Any advice? For concealed carry I really don't have any other option, if I go with anything else I may as well Open Carry.
"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday

why are you down to shoulder carry? It's pretty impractical IMO. What about IWB?

Reverend Sin

Even the IWB ones I found fit the 9mm/.40, in compact and full size, but not the .45 full size. At this rate I may just end up OC'ing.
"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch

another reason why I would have gone with the .40

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division

CommiePunk

that's the downside to buying an unpopular or new production gun... It's somewhat like my S&W 4013TSW (without the rail). There aint' shit for holsters on the market for that gun. I would go to a gun shop and start seeing what you can improvise with. I found out that a USP .45 holster will carry a Glock 30 pretty nicely. That's my advice, since you already bought the gun.

Reverend Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommiePunk View Post
that's the downside to buying an unpopular or new production gun... It's somewhat like my S&W 4013TSW (without the rail). There aint' shit for holsters on the market for that gun. I would go to a gun shop and start seeing what you can improvise with. I found out that a USP .45 holster will carry a Glock 30 pretty nicely. That's my advice, since you already bought the gun.

Yeah, the guy at the gun shop a few towns over tried a few different ones to see if any of them would work as a substitute but none fit because of the damn trigger guard. I'm going to keep looking though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
another reason why I would have gone with the .40

I know, I know but I fired my best friends .40 of the same model gun and I didn't like it as much as the .45

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

Yah my fnp9m was a whore to find a holster for. IWB would be the way to go imo unless you're a real fatty. I'm carrying some extra around the middle but I carry my clock 19 iwb at 2:30-3 with no discomfort.

Try blade-tech if you are willing to try IWB. they will make you their UCH for any pistol. I got one for my fn and it's a pretty good holster.

Also galco shoulder holsters suck to wear. The plastic pivot thing they have on them rides up on me and gnaws at the back of my neck.

Reverend Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen-Yak View Post
Yah my fnp9m was a whore to find a holster for. IWB would be the way to go imo unless you're a real fatty. I'm carrying some extra around the middle but I carry my clock 19 iwb at 2:30-3 with no discomfort.

Try blade-tech if you are willing to try IWB. they will make you their UCH for any pistol. I got one for my fn and it's a pretty good holster.

Also galco shoulder holsters suck to wear. The plastic pivot thing they have on them rides up on me and gnaws at the back of my neck.

I'll try blade-tech then and see if I have better luck, thanks for the suggestion.

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch

why not go to an airsoft place and try to find something. I saw a few online tonight

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division

Heathen-Yak
OMGDIE2U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
why not go to an airsoft place and try to find something. I saw a few online tonight

if you want a shitty nylon holster sure.

mofugger
I'm married to a gay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommiePunk View Post
why are you down to shoulder carry? It's pretty impractical IMO. What about IWB?

In Iraq/Afghanistan, we call those FOB Bras. When you have to carry, 99.99 + % chance you'll never need it, but some general decided you need to carry it.

Reverend Sin

Shoulder carry also makes carrying extra mags easier.

CommiePunk

it doesn't help that you bought a full size gun to conceal... why not open carry if your state allows it?

SmashingPumpkins

that's how i'll conceal carry my ruger 6" 357

get a good leather one.