General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

acidfast7

let me get this straight.

1. you have a pick-up truck with a Corvette motor
2. you have this inbred/halfbred beast and but can't figure out how to cure detonation
3. you don't mention the LT1 in the first post but want a reasonable explanation

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenzilla View Post
yeah, shitty quality. all i have is a blackberry and these were taken at night when i wasn't busy/lazy. if you don't believe me fuck off.

also, i will get pictures of the truck during the day just because moloko was nice about asking

edit: truck is black + it's black outside=can't see shit.

what just happened?

kenzilla

meh...cars...i want to be a gearhead but i have no garage or even parking stalls that i am able to use...

hopefully that is all changing, i will make a new car thread and show you my new old daily driver. 1996 nissan pickup 5spd 89k on the clock. pics, whenever.

StarDeath13

Quote:
meh...cars...i want to be a gearhead but i have no garage or even parking stalls that i am able to use...

hopefully that is all changing, i will make a new car thread and show you my new old daily driver. 1996 nissan pickup 5spd 89k on the clock. pics, whenever.
alot of people dont have those either,i get to work on and in a gravel driveway.
but im no "real" gearhead,im just a very basic repair type of guy.

what you did was kind of like Dr Frankenstien taking his monster to a pediatriction and ask why his nose is running.its all about the facts when diagnosing something,and not mentioning an engine swap especially in a new vehicle is a big issue.

also i would have went with cat,as long as the rattling sounded like rocks rattling in your exhaust.

Richboi16057

Same Noise as OP.

Tittle says it all. I have a 99 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Z71, 5.3 V8, 117k. Sound like a bunch of tin cans banging around on start up and acceleration. It does happen at idol occasionally and gets less after a little warm up.

I was told by a shop it might be the Cat. 2 Cats and 4 MAF sensors later it still made the noise. Now they are telling me it could be the flex plate. You understand I am a little reluctant to pay them for more exploratory surgery to my beloved GM. I read that the OP changed the starter, and Fuel filter. I will give the filter a shot. I dont't see how the starter could have anything to do with the noise.

I have a new set of plugs, wires, 2 injectors. Also, the 2 Cats, and MAF sensors. And to fuckin boot there was a new noise after the Cat replacement. Sounds like a ticking winding noise that increases with acceleration. I've gotta tell ya guys it's driving me Bat shit crazy.

Any advice would be helpful. I'll keep you posted with results from the fuel filter. Thanks.

Last edited by Richboi16057; 02-05-2012 at 10:10 AM..

d114

Quote:

if you have problems with your nissan truck just tell us which skyline the engine came from.

grjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richboi16057 View Post
Tittle says it all. I have a 99 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 Z71, 5.3 V8, 117k. Sound like a bunch of tin cans banging around on start up and acceleration. It does happen at idol occasionally and gets less after a little warm up.

I was told by a shop it might be the Cat. 2 Cats and 4 MAF sensors later it still made the noise. Now they are telling me it could be the flex plate. You understand I am a little reluctant to pay them for more exploratory surgery to my beloved GM. I read that the OP changed the starter, and Fuel filter. I will give the filter a shot. I dont't see how the starter could have anything to do with the noise.

I have a new set of plugs, wires, 2 injectors. Also, the 2 Cats, and MAF sensors. And to fuckin boot there was a new noise after the Cat replacement. Sounds like a ticking winding noise that increases with acceleration. I've gotta tell ya guys it's driving me Bat shit crazy.

Any advice would be helpful. I'll keep you posted with results from the fuel filter. Thanks.

Necromancer

Why_Ask_Why
why_ask_why
I make Gen[M]ay notable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richboi16057 View Post

ticking is usually associated with lifters iirc

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
(1994, GMC Sierra 1500, 5.7liter)

yep, problem found...

Besides the ID-10T error...

And I'm gonna call on that "corvette" motor... Anyone can throw a bunch of plastic bits onto any motor with "Corvette" molded/painted on them. Either you're ing us, or you got mega-buttfucked when you bought that pile, and don't even know it yet.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

jm8881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Arcana View Post
yep, problem found...

Besides the ID-10T error...

And I'm gonna call on that "corvette" motor... Anyone can throw a bunch of plastic bits onto any motor with "Corvette" molded/painted on them. Either you're ing us, or you got mega-buttfucked when you bought that pile, and don't even know it yet.

Regardless if it's actually from a vette or not it's still a lt1 and lt1's were never factory in any truck. There wasn't much difference between the two either so fbody or vette lt1 it still had some kind of swap done.

But corvette lt1 or not is not the question. The real question is why t he necrobump?

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm8881 View Post
Regardless if it's actually from a vette or not it's still a lt1 and lt1's were never factory in any truck. There wasn't much difference between the two either so fbody or vette lt1 it still had some kind of swap done.

But corvette lt1 or not is not the question. The real question is why t he necrobump?

richboi probably can't create new threads, so his only option was to necro

Why he'd come here... That remains a mystery.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm8881 View Post

ffffuuuuu... I fucking missed that!!

Geez... I get to reading, and I just ignore the dates...

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
richboi probably can't create new threads, so his only option was to necro

Why he'd come here... That remains a mystery.

I'm guessing another spammer with some DVD ripping software... And changed the post before he could get the

--John Hobbs