General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

DrMabuse

"If Only I Had A Gun"

Did any of you catch this?

Unbelievable stuff here. This is nothing short of propaganda softening up the masses for firearms registration measures.

It's on the website if you want to check it out.

"What is difficult? It is difficult to learn something about yourself." - Thales of Miletus

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax

kind of plastic filled with a kind of paint
fucking dumb bitch fuck this
he can't get it out to aim it
jesus christ

SmashingPumpkins

it gets ratings.

I've learned to accept that our society (which is media driven) is not a place I want to be in.

I'll buy my guns privately and I'll stay far away from the rest of the fuckups.

gribly

Propoganda, the people entered the room, guns drawn, ready to fire at the student, already knowing where they were sitting. The other part, where the woman had to back up the virtual person, was complete BS. Of COURSE shit is gonna go completely wrong if someone pops out of a window, point blank and none of you have your weapons already drawn.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

OK, what a total BS setup. The guy shooting knew exactly who to aim for because he was in on the setup. After the mock teacher the guy with the sidearm was the second and only target he engaged. How likely is that?

And are you really going to need to use your CC gun not only the very first day you carry it but just minutes after your very first instruction and with no time to even practice retrieving your gun or firing it? Again, that seems highly unlikely and this contrived crap was setup specifically to put the new carriers at a disadvantage.

Also, the helmets are obviously for safety/insurance but it adds another element of disorientation that wouldn't exist in a real world scenario. The gloves too.

Even with all that the novice girl still got at hit that likely would have significantly slowed or stopped the assailant from killing more. And the first kid probably could have stopped the guy if he didn't snag on his shirt. He reacted quick and was assuming the proper shooting stance right on target when he snagged.

lol, then they talk about how much practice police have. No shit, but civilians are perfectly capable of practicing as well.

ahahaha, they keep fucking with the kids in unrealistic ways. A gunman enters the room and a second gunman stands up right next to you? When has that ever happened? And even that dude took out one of the gunmen before going down.

Macktheknife

The instructor even says "Don't be discouraged, you just need practice"

The girl definitely got a disabling shot in on the gunman. Inner thigh right near the femoral artery. If nothing else, she would have assisted in pinning the assailant in one place and possibly preventing him from moving beyond a single room or taking more lives.

Last edited by Macktheknife; 04-11-2009 at 04:34 PM..

SmashingPumpkins

the gloves bad shirt and bad carry postion

unrealistic.

I carry IWB in the small of my back for a reason, when i duck, it lifts my shirt up for better access to my firearm.

and diane sawyer knows it's coming and still gets shot

jesus christ people. first thing I would have done is get flat, and get my right glove off at the same time.

those holsters didn't look great either.

pyramid

lol, I'm reading the comments now, seems like most people are bashing the obviously biased story and easily figured out that it was a setup from the start.

a couple of my faves:

I'll take the handgun every time. I have found that it is pretty difficult to save yourself by throwing a latte at your attacker.

I still want to see the version "Wearing a Life Preserver Wouldn't Necessarily Keep You From Drowning"

Last edited by pyramid; 04-11-2009 at 05:08 PM..

Dominion

Terrible, I agree.

How about trying that again... this time with the same setup, and the "intruder" not having hundereds of hours of training? How about using one of those newly trained schmucks as the assailant, and running the same test again?

How about the same setup with the intruder not knowing the EXACT location of the "target" in the room?

IM A FAGGOT AND I <3 COCKS IN MY ASS
thewhiteguy

What a joke.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:11 AM IM A FAGGOT AND I <3 COCKS IN MY ASS is offline  

Fear Night
Speed Limit?!?

The 20/20 special was a bunch of biased liberal garbage. We are being groomed for something big.

This was also on the other night and is much more fair and balanced - CBS 60 Minutes: The Gun Rush

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4937731n (12 min)

illig

Hah... i'm anti concealed-carry, and even i thought that was BS

that was basically what a crappy video game does... stacks the odds against you to make sure you lose

pyramid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Night View Post
The 20/20 special was a bunch of biased liberal garbage. We are being groomed for something big.

This was also on the other night and is much more fair and balanced - CBS 60 Minutes: The Gun Rush

That was better but lol at fucking Feinstein saying we need a new assault weapon ban to stop tragedies like the four cops getting shot in california. CA already has an assault weapon ban. That didn't help those cops one bit.

Fear Night
Speed Limit?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
That was better but lol at fucking Feinstein saying we need a new assault weapon ban to stop tragedies like the four cops getting shot in california. CA already has an assault weapon ban. That didn't help those cops one bit.
Or that it would stop what happened in Binghamton, New York. Oh wait, the crimes were committed with handguns!

Feinstein is against concealed carry yet holds a concealed carry permit. She is one of the, "I can have a gun, but nobody else can" types.

jaegertech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Night View Post

That wasn't bad at all. I was amazed when they pointed out that Cho bought his gun while passing a background check. That tends the be the sort of unimportant fact that gets glossed over most of the time.